WR depth chart as of 07/14/06

Reaction score
I had posted this earlier, but had to remove it. Without further adue, the WR chart after the OTAs, based on participation and familiarity with the Offense gained through reps.

1. Driver
2. Borigter
3. Ferggy
4. Jennings
5. Gardner (Packers staff are VERY low on him at the moment, but he should survive the cuts)
6. Rodgers

This WILL change throughout TC, as a final decision has yet to be made. Packers will be keeping 6 WRs this year.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week 1 first 4 WRs

1 Driver
2 Gardner
3 Fergie
4 Jennings

Gardners Stats

2001- 46 receptions, 741 yards, 4 TD
2002- 71 receptions 1006 yards, 8 TD
2003- 59 receptions 600 yards, 5 TD
2004- 51 receptions 650 yards, 5 TD
2005- 11 receptions 151 yards, 1 TD

Fergies Stats

2001- 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD
2002- 22 recptions, 293 yards, 3 TD
2003- 38 recptions, 520 yards, 4 TD
2004- 24 recptions, 367 yards, 1 TD
2005- 27 recptions, 366 yards, 3 TD

Gardner has already shown what he can do all he has to do is in TC show he can put up his numbers and fergie has shown us so far he cant even put up gardners numbers so the better WR is Gardner.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Gardner has already shown what he can do all he has to do is in TC show he can put up his numbers and fergie has shown us so far he cant even put up gardners numbers so the better WR is Gardner.

Actually, all Gardner has to do in TC is regain the trust of the coaches, show that he understands this offense better than Borigter, and show a commitment to put in time and effort to become a good WR.

The coaches, as I said above, are down on Gardner, and they hold out some hope that he can come in with the right attitude. Until then, he will toil away at the bottom of the depth chart.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is a rookie but he will be better then Fergie Wasnt Murphy our 4th WR last year. So thats where Jennings is most likely to start at and work his way up.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually, all Gardner has to do in TC is regain the trust of the coaches, show that he understands this offense better than Borigter, and show a commitment to put in time and effort to become a good WR.

The coaches, as I said above, are down on Gardner, and they hold out some hope that he can come in with the right attitude. Until then, he will toil away at the bottom of the depth chart.

I agree with you but Woodson missed all the OTA's which werent mandatory but everyone should be there, i think he will do that and week 1 he is the #2 WR

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unless Jennings is the second coming of Javon Walker, i can't see him being #2 on the depth chart this early. IF he's #2, i don't think we should be celebrating that. I'd be scared. HOPEFULLY he's not #2.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
PackerLegend said:

I agree with you but Woodson missed all the OTA's which werent mandatory but everyone should be there, i think he will do that and week 1 he is the #2 WR

you mean CB

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Zero2Cool said:
[quote="all about da packers":26gf937t]
Zero2Cool said:
Fergy is not ahead of Jennings.

According to what I know, he is. :)

Shows what you know. :)

I have faith in my sources. :)

Smurfs do not count as sources. How many times must I tell yoiu??[/quote:26gf937t]

Oh no worries, it wasn't a smurf. It was the pizza guy. :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tsk tsk, namecalling....tsk tsk

i guess this is where I go "you get away with murder, and can do whatever you want apparently" and cry about it like you do.

haw haw

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gardner may also want to consider gaining the trust of Brett Favre. From all the reports I've seen, Brett has seemed to establish a connection with Boerigter already. That can go a long way to a player making the team and having passes thrown his way. Just ask Ferguson.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Lare said:

Gardner may also want to consider gaining the trust of Brett Favre. From all the reports I've seen, Brett has seemed to establish a connection with Boerigter already. That can go a long way to a player making the team and having passes thrown his way. Just ask Ferguson.

Another very good point. Interesting, this gets me wondering if Ferggy has regained Brett's confidence. As you point out, in the end the #2 WR spot may not be won based on sheer talent, but also based on who Brett trusts the most after Driver.

Members online

Latest posts