WR Davante Adams

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In terms of PRODUCTION? Absolutely.
Size and speed, definitely.

Guy played just 2 seasons, and his worst one was 102 catches, 1312 yards, 14 touchdowns.
His best one? 131 catches, 1718 yards, 24 touchdowns.

That's Jerry Rice production. Jerry Rice size and speed and hands.
Just saying.

If this guy could be had with our #53 pick, I'd be fine with that.
Wore #15 in college, like Greg Jennings did.

Would look good wearing #85 with Packers, like Jennings did.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not quite Rice speed. The kid's fast, but he's no track star. 4.56 combine 40. Could see him in the James Jones role, but we already have Boykin for that.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like the guy, but he has to learn to better take care of the ball after the catch. If he continues to carry the ball the way he did in college it will result in a lot of forced fumbles at the NFL level.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely don't see him as a jerry rice type of guy. I see him as a second or first receiver on a team like the jags. I don't see him being the star of a team like rice was. Too inconsistent and not fundamentally sound. Also not as much of an athlete as you peg him to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HardRightEdge

I looked at the highlight tape against USC in the 2013 Las Vegas Bowl. Adams does something annoying and somewhat concerning...against press coverage he does this 3 or 4 step chop before getting off the dime against CBs who don't look all that interested in mixing it up to begin with. This may be an indication he has trouble getting physical besides losing precious 10ths. getting into the route.

This is the kind of guy I'd fear topped out as a very good college football player.

Apropos of nothing at all, USC's CBs were dreadful in man coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

By that logic we should go in for Rice 2.0:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90162&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

Seriously though, Walsh has commented that Rice had an exceptional burst after 15 yards and how often does anybody recall Rice getting brought down from behind? Besides, when you have to go back 30 years for an outlier example, you're in "exception proves the rule" territory.

When it comes to field speed, some offensive players run faster when they're being chased or in pursuit of a ball in the air just as some defensive players run faster when they're bearing down on their quarry.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I look at this guy the more he reminds me of James jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HardRightEdge

Considering that kids back then didn't have speed coaches, and just how fast 4.71 was back in the day, it's not surprising
I don't think WRs or cover corners have gotten much faster in the last 30 years. What's changed is the training specifically to run 40 yard dashes for the Combine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts