WR corps

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could take that debate up again, but it might bore people. Often times some peoples interpretation of "open", isn't clearly looking at the play from the QB's point of view. Rather, its a media "expert" wanting to try and prove a point by showing a freeze frame of a guy seemingly wide open in the middle of the field and thus declaring...."Rodgers totally ignored him! He is so uncoachable and moody"
media experts didn't come to those conclusions (guys open)...the film guys did. the media experts parroted them on that and added to it from rodgers statements and body language. but yeah i get it's boring...especially since it's night and day now from last year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
i think they thought they were ok at WR but circumstances (rodgers resistance) kinda forced them into the draft strategy they took. i know the rodgers cheerleaders here think it's BS but i believe the now obvious rodgers buy-in over the offseason caught them by surprise. had it come a year earlier the draft may have been different.

Player buy-in is part of the process of installing and getting comfortable with a new system. Go back and read articles about Shanahan and Ryan in Atlanta and you'll see that it was a process there too, with a lot of give and take.

Maybe Rodgers was obstinate. I don't know and neither do you.

D

Deleted member 6794

media experts didn't come to those conclusions (guys open)...the film guys did. the media experts parroted them on that and added to it from rodgers statements and body language. but yeah i get it's boring...especially since it's night and day now from last year.

The thing that is getting boring is that you continue to claim it's a fact that Rodgers didn't buy into the offense last season without having any evidence for it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would really enjoy it if the Packers pulled off a trade for Curtis Samuel.

I think Petals could take advantage of him better than Carolina has. He's only 24 years old (contract year). He'd be a rental, but an inexpensive one, and they'd have the first shot to sign him if it worked out.

He would bring a dynamic that no one else on the roster currently brings right now as a guy who can create a little bit with the ball in his hands.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just what my eyes have seen and what my ears have actually heard rodgers say.
Rodgers has not said or did anything to prove otherwise that he didn't buy in. With respect you're being delusional, and not wanting to admit you were mistaken. If they had a losing record then MAYBE you'd have a leg to stand on, but the fact is they went 13-3 last year, while learning a new system with new receivers. Just stop.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has not said or did anything to prove otherwise that he didn't buy in. With respect you're being delusional, and not wanting to admit you were mistaken. If they had a losing record then MAYBE you'd have a leg to stand on, but the fact is they went 13-3 last year, while learning a new system with new receivers. Just stop.
omg

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would really enjoy it if the Packers pulled off a trade for Curtis Samuel.

I think Petals could take advantage of him better than Carolina has. He's only 24 years old (contract year). He'd be a rental, but an inexpensive one, and they'd have the first shot to sign him if it worked out.

He would bring a dynamic that no one else on the roster currently brings right now as a guy who can create a little bit with the ball in his hands.

When they added Anderson while still have Moore...I circled Samuels as a legit guy I also would wanna pick up the phone on for a trade. Early on I wondered if a Jamaal for him type deal would be good....but not thinking such now as much.

All that said though, I'm leaning more to if we trade for a piece thinking get us a young or veteran help to Clark more than WR....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When they added Anderson while still have Moore...I circled Samuels as a legit guy I also would wanna pick up the phone on for a trade. Early on I wondered if a Jamaal for him type deal would be good....but not thinking such now as much.

All that said though, I'm leaning more to if we trade for a piece thinking get us a young or veteran help to Clark more than WR....

They could really use one more guy on the DL, at LB, or at CB. Maybe just be a matter of seeing what's the best deal to be had. "No move" is always the most likely.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a couple of linebackers on ir that might be able to improve the D. Not to mention Clark. And I was surprised not to see Greene playing. Maybe he could take over for Redmond.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that is getting boring is that you continue to claim it's a fact that Rodgers didn't buy into the offense last season without having any evidence for it.

where's your evidence for your claim that losing DA to injury will be catastrophic?

Oh yeah, you don't have any as it's just your opinion

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where's your evidence for your claim that losing DA to injury will be catastrophic?

i know he's not here to defend himself, but the reality is, opinions about future events or things that haven't happened are just guesses. Giving your opinion about something that has already happened, well if you're going to make some substantiative claims it might be good to have something of substance to back it up with.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait is Capt gone for good or just a while? I must have missed something...

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know he's not here to defend himself, but the reality is, opinions about future events or things that haven't happened are just guesses. Giving your opinion about something that has already happened, well if you're going to make some substantiative claims it might be good to have something of substance to back it up with.

I was just pointing out his hypocrisy to him claiming an injury to DA would be catastrophic, when evidence from last season, and so far this season points to the contrary. yet above he demanded evidence for gbgary to substantiate his claims

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

First, can you point out where he says that? Doesn't sound like something WIMM would put out there, and I can't find it after going through the thread, twice (but, then again, I'm old, so I might have missed it).

Second, even with 'evidence', how much of any thread is NOT the poster's opinion?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So far this season, Allen Lazard's efficiency has been astounding.

He's Football Outsider's #1 WR in DVOA. He's certainly not been the best WR in football, but their metrics really value efficiency, and so he's gotten a boost from two things:

1. Rodgers has a perfect passer rating when targeting Lazard this year.

2. He's been targeted 5 times on 3rd down, with 5 completions, and 5 first downs.

Frankly, I think his success is as much about the system working so well as it is his own ability as a player.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no doubt the system is hitting on more cylinders and there is clearly more there in the Lazard vehicle as well this year. Whether it is all familiarity, confidence, off season work - whatever it is Lazard is improved for certain over what he was last year.

That Saints game to me illustrated he may have finally arrived at potentially showing that #2 type guy some feel he could be. FINALLY in a big game, against a good secondary he delivered. Good teams were constantly shutting him down before...the question is as you posed how much of it is him and how much is the system...either way folks we are slowly heading towards a place where the organization could pounce on contract extension talk in an effort to get him at a discount as he remains unproven and the system is loving him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There is no doubt the system is hitting on more cylinders and there is clearly more there in the Lazard vehicle as well this year. Whether it is all familiarity, confidence, off season work - whatever it is Lazard is improved for certain over what he was last year.

That Saints game to me illustrated he may have finally arrived at potentially showing that #2 type guy some feel he could be. FINALLY in a big game, against a good secondary he delivered. Good teams were constantly shutting him down before...the question is as you posed how much of it is him and how much is the system...either way folks we are slowly heading towards a place where the organization could pounce on contract extension talk in an effort to get him at a discount as he remains unproven and the system is loving him.

It's a good marriage of the two. Such as on the long bomb completion. Lazard possesses build up speed, but he isn't explosive. So he needs a runway, which makes him susceptible to disruption at the LOS. Not that he's helpless against it, but if he doesn't get a clean break off the line, he likely isn't going to be blazing down the field. Petals used a condensed formation to get him off the LOS and he had a free release. He took advantage and was really flying, creating that vertical separation. And of course, he caught the ball.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a good marriage of the two. Such as on the long bomb completion. Lazard possesses build up speed, but he isn't explosive. So he needs a runway, which makes him susceptible to disruption at the LOS. Not that he's helpless against it, but if he doesn't get a clean break off the line, he likely isn't going to be blazing down the field. Petals used a condensed formation to get him off the LOS and he had a free release. He took advantage and was really flying, creating that vertical separation. And of course, he caught the ball.

Oh 100%, he is never going to be what I want as our surefire #2...but dangit if the young man isn't making me appreciate and love what he can for sure do and be for a possession type receiver that does what he does well, despite not doing well a few things for sure as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...on that bomb to him...I'm sorry but after the catch I swear I felt like I was watching Big Dawg try to run to the endzone. Lazard 100% has no burst for sure.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oh 100%, he is never going to be what I want as our surefire #2...but dangit if the young man isn't making me appreciate and love what he can for sure do and be for a possession type receiver that does what he does well, despite not doing well a few things for sure as well.

He's doing a ton of dirty work. Fennell has highlighted that every week. He locked up Cam Jordan one on one on the TD pass to Lewis. A wide receiver, blocking Cam Jordon on his own, successfully. Wild.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's doing a ton of dirty work. Fennell has highlighted that every week. He locked up Cam Jordan one on one on the TD pass to Lewis. A wide receiver, blocking Cam Jordon on his own, successfully. Wild.

Oh 100% in many ways he is like a poor mans' Hines Ward in the blocking category. Dude will throw his body at anyone...that Jordan play was insanse!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...on that bomb to him...I'm sorry but after the catch I swear I felt like I was watching Big Dawg try to run to the endzone. Lazard 100% has no burst for sure.

No need to apologize, all reasonable viewpoints accepted. :)

Members online

Latest posts