1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WR Brett Swain

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Arles, Apr 27, 2008.

1. sharkbite

sharkbite Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another interesting note. Brandon Chiller and Swain played together in High School. They are very good friends.

2. sharkbite

sharkbite Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another interesting note. Swain and Brandon Chiller played at the same High School. They are very good friends.

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't call any pick right now a waste. By this time next year Ruvell Martin and Koren Robinson could be off the roster. I kind of think they will be.

If Swain makes the practice squad this year and works hard at it, you could be looking at your #5 WR for 2009 season and in McCarthy's offense, he'll see playing time.

I'm not saying that will happen but it could.

4. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    There's a thin line between 7th rounders and the guys signed as FA's the next day that didn't get drafted at all so it's a crap shoot by then anyhow.

Besides, two receivers go down at the same time for a couple weeks and this kids off the practice squad and on the roster. It's not all that unrealistic. There WILL BE a wr on the practice squad waiting in the wings that knows the offense. Just a matter of who that is.

5. Cubanpenguin

Cubanpenguin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was watching the rookie players locker room interviews on www.packers.com and he really seemed like a good kid, he seemed proud to be in Green Bay and that he would work very hard to be part of the team either on offence or special teams. I like the pick and I hope he makes it.