WR Brett Swain

sharkbite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting note. Brandon Chiller and Swain played together in High School. They are very good friends.

sharkbite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting note. Swain and Brandon Chiller played at the same High School. They are very good friends.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand this pick at all.

Won't cry over it, because it's a 7th round pick. But still, it's a waste.

I wouldn't call any pick right now a waste. By this time next year Ruvell Martin and Koren Robinson could be off the roster. I kind of think they will be.

If Swain makes the practice squad this year and works hard at it, you could be looking at your #5 WR for 2009 season and in McCarthy's offense, he'll see playing time.

I'm not saying that will happen but it could.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
I don't understand this pick at all.

Won't cry over it, because it's a 7th round pick. But still, it's a waste.

I wouldn't call any pick right now a waste. By this time next year Ruvell Martin and Koren Robinson could be off the roster. I kind of think they will be.

If Swain makes the practice squad this year and works hard at it, you could be looking at your #5 WR for 2009 season and in McCarthy's offense, he'll see playing time.

I'm not saying that will happen but it could.

There's a thin line between 7th rounders and the guys signed as FA's the next day that didn't get drafted at all so it's a crap shoot by then anyhow.

Besides, two receivers go down at the same time for a couple weeks and this kids off the practice squad and on the roster. It's not all that unrealistic. There WILL BE a wr on the practice squad waiting in the wings that knows the offense. Just a matter of who that is.

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the rookie players locker room interviews on www.packers.com and he really seemed like a good kid, he seemed proud to be in Green Bay and that he would work very hard to be part of the team either on offence or special teams. I like the pick and I hope he makes it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts