WOW!!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to let you know..a LOT of people were asking for Matt Hasselback to be replaced in Seattle during Ted Thompson's regime there.

People were saying the project backup QB's they had were the "Future" as some people think Ingle Martin is over Aaron Rodgers.(which is laughable).

Aaron needs time like Matt, and we'll haev a pro bowl QB once again in Green Bay

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Phil,

And you didn't suck for years prior to the 5-11 season? You have forgotten how you got here.

You guys stunk and drafted, stunk and drafted, and stunk and drafted your way here.

Lovie is a fine football coach but wasn't on anybody's Christmas list after '04. Your position on the Bears is strictly hindsight and opinion on the Packers talent at this time purely speculative.

Many NFL people have spoken of the job well done in this years draft and Brett Favre has seen hundreds of players come and sees great but inexperienced talent on this club.

Sorry if I give more consideration to their evaluation than yours.

The Bears went 13-3 in 2001 so where did they pick in the 2002 draft? 29th.
They picked Marc Colombo and his career was ended in a freak injury and they had no 2nd round pick that year.

They were 11-5 last year so where did they pick in 2006? Certainly not in the top 10. They were a better team than 5-11 in 2004 but I dare any team to win with Chad Hutchinson and Jonathan Quinn at QB.
The Bears already had a very good defense in 2004 while the Packers are currently giving up 29 points a game. The Bears have given up 29 points TOTAL this season and one of those TDs came on an INT by Grossman.

By the way, you claim that my opinion on the Packers talent at this time is purely speculative. And what magic ball do you poses that makes your opinion about the Packers talent any different?

One more thing. Many around the league wondered if Favre was back on painkillers when he claimed that this was the most talented Packer team that he had ever played for.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
One more thing. Many around the league wondered if Favre was back on painkillers when he claimed that this was the most talented Packer team that he had ever played for.[/color]

I liked the post till here. On the Dan Patrick show today they were ripping Favre for saying this team was the most talented. People have continually ripped him for saying that. It always upsets me because they intentionally take that phrase out of context. What was the next sentance he said after saying they were the most talented? "They're also the most inexperienced I've been a part of." Sorry, but quotes out of context are a pet peeve.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Philtration said:
One more thing. Many around the league wondered if Favre was back on painkillers when he claimed that this was the most talented Packer team that he had ever played for.[/color]

I liked the post till here. On the Dan Patrick show today they were ripping Favre for saying this team was the most talented. People have continually ripped him for saying that. It always upsets me because they intentionally take that phrase out of context. What was the next sentance he said after saying they were the most talented? "They're also the most inexperienced I've been a part of." Sorry, but quotes out of context are a pet peeve.

So Favre says that he sees great talent and it is gospil... but when he says that this is the most talented team that he has been a part of, and millions laugh at him, then it was taken out of context?

I am not the one who brought up Brett Favre's talent evaluation of the Packers here.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
So Favre says that he sees great talent and it is gospil... but when he says that this is the most talented team that he has been a part of, and millions laugh at him, then it was taken out of context?

I am not the one who brought up Brett Favre's talent evaluation of the Packers here.

It's not gospel. I may sound like a homer, but I do think there is a lot of talent on the team; especially on the defense. Obviously that isn't showing in the 400 yards they give up every game, but give them a year or so.

At least we're not as bad as the Raiders. I can take solace in that.

Members online

Latest posts