WOW!!

PackerFan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it time to throw in the towel yet? Get rid of this coach already...

This team is so frickin' pathetic, it's not even funny!! No offense to speak of. They fumble more than any other team I've watched in the past 20 years. Favre is left to make things happen while being pressured by the pass rush, which makes him throw up a prayer more often then not(usually picked off or dropped). And the defense? Geez, couldn't stop half of the college teams in the top 25 let alone an NFL team... The play calling is suspect, and the discipline and tackling is almost comical at times. I could go on, but I have to work in the morning. How many penalties does the secondary have to take before we start looking at other options. Carroll, this means you... You are beaten like a rented mule from post-to-pillar every weekend.

Please GOD, make the pain stop!!!!!! I hurts me to watch this team take the field every week.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have given up hope for this team.

they will probely lose to the rams next week too.

i think some of you where right, its another 4-12 season.

OP
OP
P

PackerFan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It starts somewhere...

Practice, disicpline, coaching, etc.

You think someone like a Bill Bellicheck or Bill Parcells would still be playing Carroll or these other guys who continually get smoked for big plays over and over? He'd be on the waiver wire before he made it to the locker room.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i have given up hope for this team.

they will probely lose to the rams next week too.

i think some of you where right, its another 4-12 season.

God, I hope not...I'll be sitting in the front row, 15 yard line, Packers side, cheering like hell they put a good game together!

OP
OP
P

PackerFan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet most teams watch about 2 mintues of game film before they realize that they are throwing his way every chance they can get.

Like I said, it's painful to watch...

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll may be okay on specials teams. Kind of a waste of a first rounder, but what else to do other than cut him or trade him? Of course, that might happen soon, too.

OP
OP
P

PackerFan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things are for certain whenever they throw to the guy Carroll is trying to cover. He's getting a interference call against him, the guy makes the catch, or both.

He looks lost out there on most plays.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan1 said:
It starts somewhere...

Practice, disicpline, coaching, etc.

Did you forget talent?
They just don't have it it on either side of the ball.

I can't beleive that some of you were actually mentioning "playoffs" after beating the Lions to go 1-2.
This is a bad team and you cannot go from talking playoffs to saying "fire the coaching staff" in less than a week unless you really don't know that much about the game.

The front office brought in a guy who no one else was even considering for a head coaching job to lead a very bad team. How did you expect this to go?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was ******* MM at first, but the packers actually held their own for much of the game. Theisman actually got it right for a change...the pack were in the game until the driver drop just snowballed everything and the packers were reeling.

offensive play calling seemed decent...somehow morency darn near broke 100...franks and even driver were dropping balls left and right, or could have been a little closer.

Reaction score
Philtration said:

The front office brought in a guy who no one else was even considering for a head coaching job to lead a very bad team. How did you expect this to go?

To be fair, I think TT hired the guy who would give Rodgers the best chance to be a good QB.

Looking at McCarthy's scheme so far, I can't say it was a bad move. I do agree with you considering the talent on this roster, it is non-existent when compared to the vast majority of other NFL teams.

However, I think the fact that no one else was wanted McCarthy can be taken to mean he won't be a good coach.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Philtration said:

To be fair, I think TT hired the guy who would give Rodgers the best chance to be a good QB.

Looking at McCarthy's scheme so far, I can't say it was a bad move. I do agree with you considering the talent on this roster, it is non-existent when compared to the vast majority of other NFL teams.

However, I think the fact that no one else was wanted McCarthy can be taken to mean he won't be a good coach.

I know that it is a hard sell to get an established coach when the talent is lacking but it seems that they set their sites low and got the guy that they really wanted.
I am not saying this just because I am a Bears fan but Mike Singletary or Ron Rivera would have been a better choice.
Their players have a lot of respect for them, they have a deep understanding of the game, exhalant leadership skills and I believe that both will be head coaches within the next year or two.

With the Packers rebuilding, they needed to sell their tradition and history and they seemed to fall short on their choice.
Since they are a young team playing in a small market and sport more of a college atmosphere, maybe a top college coach was the way to go.

Reaction score
Interesting. I would still reserve judgement until the roster has more talent before making a clear cut decision on McCarthy's coaching abilities (as pertaining to the O).

However I do think in terms of dealing with the D side of the ball, you hit the nail on the head. He chose Sanders, but I still think he should have gotten the best guy and failed to do so. IMO the Bills ex DC was the way to go, and who cares about consistency because if you get the best guy, the consistency part will work itself out. Not to mention the hire of Schott which is still something that the masses of Packer fans are trying to figure out.

Also, I think McCarthy hired the position coaches on the D side of the ball, and that should have been a call made solely by the DC. Of course I have no proof to back up my belief that McCarthy hired the other coaches, other than the line of thinking that Sanders in his right mind wouldn't hire Schott.

As for your suggestion Phil, Singletary or Rivera will be great coaches, I agree. However I just thought they were too young and not ready yet to take such a leap in terms of job. However, after looking at Mangini with the Jets, and the respect he has commanded, I think either of those two migth have been great chocies. IMO you need to get a coach who comes from a winning background, it is the quintessence of creating a winning environment and atmosphere. McCarthy wasn't coming from a winning environment.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I was hoping the job would go to either Jim Bates or Ron Rivera.

For whatever reason I prefer the idea of "my" head coach having a defensive background.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan1 said:

That is exactly the loser mentality that this team does not need.
There is a loser mentality on the team that must be corrected.
Some players quit when the team is 2 touchdowns down.
Routes are run a half step slower, blocks are not sustained and there is a lack of urgency to tackle.

One of the worst offenders is Robert Ferguson who got replaced(injury excuse is part of attitude).
Another is Nick Barnett who had a poor game. They quit when the team gets down. Quit themselves, teammates, customers, fans, and NFL.

The NFL used to weed out those who were not mentally tough.
Now the NFL is full of whiners and "poor me" babies.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not about to buy into this poor coaching-no talent BS.

This is the youngest team in the NFL. Many of you here questioned whether or not BF would even be standing by now let alone one of the least sacked QB's in the league.

Hawk, Poppinga, Collins, Jennings, Spitz, Moll, Colledge, and these guys are still just LEARNING for god's sake.

Don't mistake a learning curve as not being talented. These guys have held there own against some pretty darn good veteran players that HAVE reached the top of their talent tree.

They have done so on guts and raw ability. After four games so many of you sell their souls before they have had a chance to become the football players their potential holds for them. Fine.

I say once these guys get some experience to go along with the guts and ability they show what goes around will come around.

As far as you Phil. Well shame on you. I remember when you hired a coach named Lovie, went 5-12, and looked like lost puppies doing it. I also remember seeing the young guys you were picking up over the years and saying it's just a matter of time.

the only difference is there is more young talent on this team than that 5-12 team of yours and now it's just a matter of time before we catch and pass you guys up.

We always do.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
That is exactly the loser mentality that this team does not need. There is a loser mentality on the team that must be corrected. Some players quit when the team is 2 touchdowns down.
Routes are run a half step slower, blocks are not sustained and there is a lack of urgency to tackle.

One of the worst offenders is Robert Ferguson who got replaced(injury excuse is part of attitude).
Another is Nick Barnett who had a poor game. They quit when the team gets down. Quit themselves, teammates, customers, fans, and NFL.

The NFL used to weed out those who were not mentally tough.
Now the NFL is full of whiners and "poor me" babies.

Couldn't agree more. No Heart.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan1 said:

This team is so frickin' pathetic, it's not even funny!! No offense to speak of. They fumble more than any other team I've watched in the past 20 years. Favre is left to make things happen while being pressured by the pass rush, which makes him throw up a prayer more often then not(usually picked off or dropped). And the defense? Geez, couldn't stop half of the college teams in the top 25 let alone an NFL team... The play calling is suspect, and the discipline and tackling is almost comical at times. I could go on, but I have to work in the morning. How many penalties does the secondary have to take before we start looking at other options. Carroll, this means you... You are beaten like a rented mule from post-to-pillar every weekend.

Please GOD, make the pain stop!!!!!! I hurts me to watch this team take the field every week.

Let's put things in perspective. We're 1-3. Two of the games we lost to were from the top five teams in the NFL. If the Bears don't win the Super Bowl this year, they screwed up royally or they had major injuries. Have patience, my friends. I've suffered through much worse seasons than this. I don't know if you're old enough to remember, but the 70s and 80s Packers made this team look good.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I am not about to buy into this poor coaching-no talent BS.

This is the youngest team in the NFL. Many of you here questioned whether or not BF would even be standing by now let alone one of the least sacked QB's in the league.

Hawk, Poppinga, Collins, Jennings, Spitz, Moll, Colledge, and these guys are still just LEARNING for god's sake.

Don't mistake a learning curve as not being talented. These guys have held there own against some pretty darn good veteran players that HAVE reached the top of their talent tree.

They have done so on guts and raw ability. After four games so many of you sell their souls before they have had a chance to become the football players their potential holds for them. Fine.

I say once these guys get some experience to go along with the guts and ability they show what goes around will come around.

As far as you Phil. Well shame on you. I remember when you hired a coach named Lovie, went 5-12, and looked like lost puppies doing it. I also remember seeing the young guys you were picking up over the years and saying it's just a matter of time.

the only difference is there is more young talent on this team than that 5-12 team of yours and now it's just a matter of time before we catch and pass you guys up.

We always do.

And the next year they went 11-5 and are now 4-0 and are definitely the team to beat in the NFC. As a matter of fact, is there any team in the league playing better than the Bears? By the way, that 5-12 season in 2004 and the 11-5 season in 2005 was after they lost their starting QB for both years. What is the Packers excuse?

The Packers went 4-12 last year and look even worse this season and that is with Brett Favre. If Favre retires after 2006, do you really believe that they are going to be a playoff team in 2007 or 2008?

By the way. Lovie Smith came from successful programs in Tampa and St. Louis before coming to Chicago and he had a big hand in that success.
What success does Mike McCarthy bring to Green Bay?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil,

And you didn't suck for years prior to the 5-11 season? You have forgotten how you got here.

You guys stunk and drafted, stunk and drafted, and stunk and drafted your way here.

Lovie is a fine football coach but wasn't on anybody's Christmas list after '04. Your position on the Bears is strictly hindsight and opinion on the Packers talent at this time purely speculative.

Many NFL people have spoken of the job well done in this years draft and Brett Favre has seen hundreds of players come and sees great but inexperienced talent on this club.

Sorry if I give more consideration to their evaluation than yours.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly this team is in better shape than the 49ers or the Raiders or even the Tampa Bay Bucs.

WHY?

Green Bay has:

1)A young offensive line growing together
2)A young recieving corps w/a couple veterans
3)A young defensive line and young linebackers

San Francisco, and Tampa Bay, and Oakland are old, undisciplined, aging teams. san Francisco's skill players maybe young, but their offensive line is old and will need to be replaced. Tampa Bay's entire team is old.

Green Bay has the best chance to rise from the ashes

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Honestly this team is in better shape than the 49ers or the Raiders or even the Tampa Bay Bucs.

WHY?

Green Bay has:

1)A young offensive line growing together
2)A young recieving corps w/a couple veterans
3)A young defensive line and young linebackers

San Francisco, and Tampa Bay, and Oakland are old, undisciplined, aging teams. san Francisco's skill players maybe young, but their offensive line is old and will need to be replaced. Tampa Bay's entire team is old.

Green Bay has the best chance to rise from the ashes

yep, I agree with you. we're in a hard place. a transition stage.

but we're not winning NOW! wahhhh!

gonna be hard times, just gotta stick with it, baby!

Staff online

Latest posts