1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Wow your gun laws suck?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Green_Bay_Packers, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7247390.stm

Sorry i aint be horrible But you need too change them, god im getting sick of these people killing people with guns, Self defence would it not be easier to just get rid of your guns? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

PLEASE DONT ALL BE HORRIBLE TO ME :(

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but I chose Freedom over Slavery. That's why I'm an American and proud of it.

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Guns don't kill people.. people kill people.. if not the gun it would be something else. Look around this world and you see car bombs, serial killers, and countless other senseless acts. I don't believe guns are the root of the evil.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    Right how many massacres have your country in the last few months? Cause i can think of loads

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Stricter gun control laws only affect one group of people. LAW ABIDING CITIZENS! Do you think criminals will give up their weapons just because we make a new law? Arn't there already hundreds of laws on the books that say it's illegal to use a gun to commit a crime? The black market is still there, and always will be. So the CRIMINALS will always have access to guns, or any other weapon they want. Think about the massacre that just happened at the college in Illinois. Had the law abiding citizens there had a concealed carry law that even ONE person there used, they might have been able to kill that murderer before he killed and injured so many innocent people.
    Criminals LOVE disarmed victims.
    I have been a gun owner for 34 years. You know how many crimes i have committed? None. Thats because i obey the laws. Bad people will remain bad people, and will ignore ANY laws we put on the books. Thats why they are CRIMINALS.
    What we need to do is have more harsh penalties if you use a weapon to commit a crime, and do NOT allow criminals to plea bargan down to a lesser crime. No more "slap on the wrist", lock the suckers up for LIFE.
    That would do more to prevent crime then ANY gun control law.

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    wow Alan that makes so much sense sorry about thinking your gun law was a load of crap, we think that our guns come from our government not sure how we just do

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ]
    No problem mate!
    Aot of people here think that all we have to do is have stronger gun control laws, and that will end crime. They don't think it through, like i have written in this thread already. If you think it through, you suddenly realize that more laws only affect those that already obey the laws. If you are a bad guy, you can write all the laws you want, and that won't influence them to give up their criminal ways one bit. It just gives them more laws to ignore.
    Especially since it seems more bad people want to go out in "a blaze of glory" by killing lots of people. Here in Wisconsin, the majority of people here want a "right to carry" bill passed, so we can be able to defend ourselves or help others if attacked. But we have a liberal governor that has vetoed the bill everytime it comes to his desk. Now, the right to carry a concealed weapon bill had LOTS of checks in place. You had to have NO criminal record, and pass a gun safety and shooting proficency tests. So it wouldn't just be handed out to everyone. This would allow us the ability to defend ourselves if attacked. It also would put the fear into criminals that they would have NO idea who might be carrying a gun, and as most criminals are cowards, they might not be so quick to attack someone if they might get shot themselves.

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    Yep that is a great idea wow Wisconsin seems like a nice place to live :)

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's a beautiful place!
    Like anything, all it takes is a few scumbags to make it bad though.

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +111
    Yep we have that here in Blackburn i bet your weather is great though

11. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no problem with folks owning guns - but the sale of bullets should be outlawed IMO

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Cheesy.

GBP - I used to be poor (bad economic decisions, my parents were working class then middle-class). Lived in bad neighborhoods. In one neighborhood, all our neighbors were robbed but us. Why? Because everyone knew we had bigger guns than they did.

From what I've heard in England, your "hot" robbery rates are pretty high. here in America, people don't rob houses if they know someone is there because they don't want to get shot.

13. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So which of our dozens of gun laws would you like to change?
    We have plenty of them but those laws can't stop determined killers from killing.
    Banning guns does not reduce crime, crime only increases when guns are banned because law abiding citizens don't have self protection.
    Guns don't kill, people kill.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have an ak-47 under my bed.

(I do! I'll post posed pics with it if you want, and by posed pics, I mean naked.)

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977

Bet ya say that to all the guys;)

16. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Our gun laws are just fine. Guns don't kill people morons do

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    That would be wonderful..........if we could keep the criminals from getting bullets. But they ALWAYS will get them.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We never got robbed either! I wonder if it's because my Dad, my brother, and I all had guns! It was well known, too! :wink:

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    remember on Happy Gilmore, that one ogre looking guy was wearing a shirt that said, "Guns don't kill people... i do." funny

20. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    This thread got me curious about Australia's gun laws. I didn't know much about it, here is what I found:

"Anyone wishing to buy, own, or use a firearm must have a Firearms Licence and be over the age of 18, although there are exceptions."

"For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. Self-defence is not accepted as a reason for issuing a licence."

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I thought that a few years ago Australia outlawed guns 100%? I saw on TV where even collectors of antique firearms had to turn them over to be destroyed.

I find it funny that "defending yourself" is not considered a "genuine reason".
    "Oh, it's ok if you want to shoot pests, but you want to defend yourself against an attack??? NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!" Just seems goofy to me.

22. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no, it would be easier if the politicians would allow me my civil rights and freedoms gauranteed to me in writting in the Bill Of Rights, and allowed me to carry a 9mm in public so i could leagally shoot back at someone who is trying to kill me.

23. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i feel americas gun lawes r great i feel that u should have a right to protect your self from some bad people in the world

24. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    it's so odd that this thread was started the same week as the Northern Illinois University shootings. sadly, one of the girls killed was from my hometown. she went to Iraq, did 2 tours there, her parents told her enough was enough & encouraged her to return to the area & go to college. now she's dead. snuffed out at the age of 32 after honorably serving our country...gun control? i just don't believe there is any way to control guns - period!

25. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats sad.....safer in Iraq then here. Of course there, she was armed, and had armed comrades around her.
    It's the scumbag criminals........i wish we could "control" them.
    Build a high fence, give each of them a gun, and lock them in. Let them kill each other off, instead of some innocent person.