WOW now this is a homer

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
So I also like to go to the cbssports website and go on all the forums over there and see what people have to say. I just went on to the Vikings page and there is this guy that is a complete homer and just reading his nonsense makes me laugh just take a look at what he wrote and tell me what you guys think.

A stunning thought, unlikely but amazingly possible.

An undefeated season.

Don't laugh....read on...

The game that worries me the most is game two, Miami. Not for any great strength or talent, pure letdown from New Orleans.

Game one, The Saints. We will win this game. They will, at least at the start, not be at the intensity level that they were at the end of last season. The Vikings, esp. on defense, will pull out all stops. This game will be fairly even ojn offense, but our Defense will win the day.

Game two. Miami at home. This is the scarey one, we pull it out due to home field, just, a win is a win.

Game three. Detroit, at home, tough but a win.

3-0 into the bye week.

Game four. the Jets. A blow out. The "number one" rushing team, against weak AFC defenses, against the Viking run defense? Shut down, then Sanchez has to pass? No way.

Game five. The Cowboys. Same as last year.

Game six. At the Packers. No change from last year. We run better. we stop their run better. our play action works, theirs doesn't. Favre gets more time than Rodgers. We win.

Game seven. At New England. Double up on Moss, shut down their run, not hard in their case. Let Welker slug it out with our front seven. They don't have enough tools to beat us on either side of the ball.

Game eight. Az at home. A win. No Warner, not close

Game nine. At the Bears. Hard game, but we learn from last season's mistake, a win.

Game ten. Green Bay at home. No way.

Game eleven. At the Redskins. Sorry not a single position where they are better than the Vikings.

Game twelve. Buffalo at home.

Game thirteen. Giants at home. Over rated. big win

Game fourteen. Chicago at home. Dangerous, but we should win

Game fifteen.At the Eagles No QB, weaker at most positions than the Vikings, should be a win.

Game sixteen. At the Lions, real dangerous game, can and should win.

Is this all gonna happen? Of Course not! Only one team has ever done it, well two, toss in the Viking factor and there's no way.

THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT THERE IS NO ONE IN THIS SCHEDULE THAT WE CAN"T BEAT!!!!

Not as tough as some think.

It all hinges on game one. Not whether we win or not cuz we will, but does Favre get beat up or come out largely unscathed??

If he's beat up, throw the above out. If not? We are going to the Super Bowl!!!!

GO VIKINGS!!

Game fifteen.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Wow..

Their season hangs on Judas ankle holding together and that is a stretch for the other people.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
CBS forums are seriously one of the worst. I'm not just saying that, the Steelers fans are the worst...

I honstely think that the Vikings fans have taken that over, probably because they are in the same division as us but they are constantly talking *****. Ill admit that they have a good team but they will say that no matter what every guy on there team is greater than ours. There was this one thread about 3-4 days ago that said there WR's are 5 times better than ours. Really? even with there number one reciever out there better than ours.

That is why I joined this site, also on cbs I cant tell you how many Packer fans still dont like Rodgers because he is not Judas

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is why I joined this site, also on cbs I cant tell you how many Packer fans still dont like Rodgers because he is not Judas

Those people are not Packer fans, they are Favre fans. Packer fans don't root for a Viking qb no matter who he is.

I wouldn't root for the Vikings if God was their QB

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Those people are not Packer fans, they are Favre fans. Packer fans don't root for a Viking qb no matter who he is.

I wouldn't root for the Vikings if God was their QB

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

AMEN to that :happy0005:. If you said that on that site you would get people that say there is no true defination of a certain fan blah blah blah. I hate how people live in that past. Guess what Judas is gone Rodgers is our QB deal with it and if you dont like that go buy yourself a puke purple jersey and cheer for your favorite lover we dont need you as a Packer bandwagon fan.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. Delusions of grandeur. I think we have about as equal, if not slightly better team than the Vikings, but I'm not naive enough to think we go undefeated. We'll take some lumps, as all teams do. But I do expect to win the division this year. We were damn close last year.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I love how he has week 3 lions at home, tough but a win then he has week 14 chicago at home dangerous, but a win. Now this is my favorite part game 10 Green bay at home, no way. So this guy is trying to tell me that the Lions and the Bears are going to be wayyyy harder than Green Bay. How can people be so stupid?

Reaction score
I love how he has week 3 lions at home, tough but a win then he has week 14 chicago at home dangerous, but a win. Now this is my favorite part game 10 Green bay at home, no way. So this guy is trying to tell me that the Lions and the Bears are going to be wayyyy harder than Green Bay. How can people be so stupid?

i know and the game he was worried about most was Miami. They are solid but no Juggernaut. He put the patriots, packers, and dallas in the slots where the lions and bears should be

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some people cant help it because they are afflicted with this disease called stupidity. it seems to have a high rate of occurrence among vikings aficionados.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait until this moron and all the Burnt Fart butt kissing morons are proven wrong!

And this term of "homer" is new to me.
Does it mean that the fan is as stupid as the Homer of the Simpsons?
Or that he/she is so blinded by the faith in their team that they refuse to see any faults with it?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I kind of like homers--my brother predicts 16 wins for the Pack every year with his totally serious "I don't see a loss anywhere" comment.

It's just that the Yikes fans disappear after the first couple of losses and move on to hockey. Abandoning your team is something my brother and all good Packer fans never do.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admire his loyalty...

Having said that, I think we could all come up with scenarios as to how the Packers could go 16-0.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I kind of like homers--my brother predicts 16 wins for the Pack every year with his totally serious "I don't see a loss anywhere" comment.

It's just that the Yikes fans disappear after the first couple of losses and move on to hockey. Abandoning your team is something my brother and all good Packer fans never do.

I know what you mean. He is a hero of mine. He should post more often...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait until this moron and all the Burnt Fart butt kissing morons are proven wrong!

And this term of "homer" is new to me.

Or that he/she is so blinded by the faith in their team that they refuse to see any faults with it?

thats pretty much it

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I love how you all rip on the guy and totally ignore one line in what he writes. This one.

Is this all gonna happen? Of Course not! Only one team has ever done it, well two, toss in the Viking factor and there's no way.
Sounds to me like he is realistic fan. He knows they can win every game but also knows it won't happen. And how far off is he from Packer fans predicting a 13-3 or 14-2 season? Are they "Homers". How about the guy that wrote Rodgers will beat Favre both times this year. His reason, because Rodgers is the 4th best QB in the league last year. That and $1.59 will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Read all the comments again Rap...There are a few comments that point out why his thinking is wrong

he also said this

It all hinges on game one. Not whether we win or not cuz we will, but does Favre get beat up or come out largely unscathed??

If he's beat up, throw the above out. If not? We are going to the Super Bowl!!!!

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stupid

are not all viking fans that way LOL!

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
[/SIZE][/B]

are not all viking fans that way LOL!

Lol yes I will say that 98% of them are but you have have those guys that stop drinking the purple koolaid and step into reality and realize that the Vikings are hurting a little bit and they realize that Favre will NOT put them type of numbers that he did last year.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is one year older, his ankle is jacked up, his O-line is having problems protecting him, he has less options to throw to, and because of those reasons alone.......he will take more of a pounding....than Jenna Jameson at the highest point of her career.

It seems (tell me if I am wrong) as though we are getting more of a push up the middle, and getting in the QB's face a bit more. I know we have only played preseason games so far but if we can do that in the regular season, some of the better QB's that torched us last year won't be able to step up in the pocket because their won't be one. Look what Favre did this past week. If it is any indication of the season to come, his fairy tale life and love with the Vikings is going to come crashing down. Favre was on top of the world last year (until his last play).....and he and his team has one way to go. DOWN. Their is no way he can repeat last years performance.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is one year older, his ankle is jacked up, his O-line is having problems protecting him, he has less options to throw to, and because of those reasons alone.......he will take more of a pounding....than Jenna Jameson at the highest point of her career.

It seems (tell me if I am wrong) as though we are getting more of a push up the middle, and getting in the QB's face a bit more. I know we have only played preseason games so far but if we can do that in the regular season, some of the better QB's that torched us last year won't be able to step up in the pocket because their won't be one. Look what Favre did this past week. If it is any indication of the season to come, his fairy tale life and love with the Vikings is going to come crashing down. Favre was on top of the world last year (until his last play).....and he and his team has one way to go. DOWN. Their is no way he can repeat last years performance.
On the one hand you have a class with Joe Montana, Bart Starr and others who took their teams to more than one SB.
On the other you have the class of Fran Tarkinton, Burnt Fail and Dan Moreno who would only get so far with play off after play off, racking up stat after stat and somehow lose that game just before the big one.
Even though I think it's hard to predict what Fail will do this year he may get to the playoffs but not beyond that.
It is both hard and easy for me to imagine him getting that far.
Hard because of the points you made turbo.
Easy because he seems to get there almost every year he's played.

Give it a few weeks and then we will see where he's at. (Hopefully on the ground 80% of the time.)

Members online

Latest posts