Wow. Matthews fined

Reaction score
Clay Matthews, meanwhile, told a cable television show that he was fined $5,000 for wearing bright yellow shoes in the Rams game, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
The Packers wore their 1929 throwback jerseys during the game, in which they defeated the Rams, 24-3, to go 6-0 on the season. Those jerseys were supposed to be worn with dark brown shoes

what a idiot fine this is. the coaches get nothing for almost fighting but players get fined all the time

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where does all this $ go to? I guess I wouldn't care if it was going to a charitable cause but THATS NOT HAPPENING!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Doesn't fine money to into the retired players account?
Where do NFL Fines go?
"According to the NFL bylaws, all fines collected throughout the season must be divided evenly between organizations dedicated to the betterment of humanity. The following four organizations are not-for-profits whose focus is helping people both in and outside the NFL:"

From this website

http://www.uniformviolation.com/RulesRegs/RulesRegs-NFL-Gen.php

So its not all bad.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dumb application of the rule, but by the letter of the law, this is legit fine. It's meant to prevent players from going overboard, and they have to apply it even to stuff like this in order to maintain consistency for the integrity of the rule. One exemption leads to another, and so on...

And I really don't understand why so many people think Harbaugh and Schwartz should've gotten fined. Players get in each others' faces like that all the time and they don't get fined. Why should the coaches? Sure it's unprofessional and makes them look like a couple of babies. But where's the rule stating that coaches can't can't exchange a few heated words? I like the fire.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Green Bay players were required to wear throwback uniforms consisting of blue jerseys with the numbers in a gold circle, brown helmets and tan pants on Sunday. That color scheme isn’t the most attractive mix you’re ever going to see, but the NFL likes to be able to feature throwbacks so that it can sell…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the NFL has been doing this for 50 years. Not a big deal.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
So Harbaugh and Schwartz can act like 12 year old girls and nearly cause a riot to ensue, and not even get a slap on the wrist

Clay wears some shoes to match his uniform and he gets 5K fine.

Good Job, NFL

/sarcasm

I am and I don't think it should have it's place on the football field for various reasons.

Agreed. Besides more men die annually of prostate cancer than women of breast cancer. Since the majority consumer of this sport is men and 100% of it's competitors are men, where is the month for Prostate Cancer awareness?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Besides more men die annually of prostate cancer than women of breast cancer. Since the majority consumer of this sport is men and 100% of it's competitors are men, where is the month for Prostate Cancer awareness?[/quote]
Amen Brother, Amen.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my understanding is that Clay was informed of the violation while getting ready for the game, and still wore them. Its his deal if he wants to wear them and play imo.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Clay Matthews, meanwhile, told a cable television show that he was fined $5,000 for wearing bright yellow shoes in the Rams game, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
The Packers wore their 1929 throwback jerseys during the game, in which they defeated the Rams, 24-3, to go 6-0 on the season. Those jerseys were supposed to be worn with dark brown shoes

what a idiot fine this is. the coaches get nothing for almost fighting but players get fined all the time

no doubt the dumbest fine I have ever seen in the NFL, it's starting to get ridiculous the NFL is so money hungry, they fine people for touchdown celebrations all the time just let the players have some fun its supposed to be fun. but come on fined $5000 for wearing the "wrong" colored shoes how stupid.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, this has been going on forever. I think it was a Pete Rozelle thing. They want uniforms to match precisely; the only exception they make is the breast cancer stuff.

It should be mentioned this was revealed by Clay chatting in the locker room with Josh Sitton, when Sitton was a corespondent on the Jim Rome show. It's a good bit that also has Sitton talking with Raji about the ESPN body issue, and Rodgers wearing USC gear. I don't know if you can find it online. I think it was on Jim Rome is Burning yesterday.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
If there is a rule and if Clay knowingly violated it, then he should pay the fine. I don't like some of the speed limits in my area either, but if I knowingly violate them I should expect to pay the fine. If it is a bad rule, change the rule. If it is the rule, everyone should be held accountable -- even the Claymaker.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where does all this $ go to? I guess I wouldn't care if it was going to a charitable cause but THATS NOT HAPPENING!

Actually that's exactly what's happening. All NFL fines are split up and donated over three charities, IIRC.

Members online

Latest posts