Wow - check this out ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell yea!
Woa!!! Nice avatar...

And the comparison is greatly valid. Both have proven that can shred defenses any time, and both still need to prove they can win it all...

Both are elite QBs, but won't be in the realm of greats until they win the SB...

The difference is that one only started putting monstruous numbers late in his career, while the other has 25 years of age and is already one of the most prolific QBs in the league...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's definitely a compliment. For sure if Rodgers stays healthy, he'll be a force to content with for years and years to come.

And while Rodgers made a couple of mistakes, he rebounded quite nicely and brought us back with an opportunity to steal the win. It's unfortunate it didn't happen that way, but such is life I guess.

Here's to improving and winning the division next season.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THAT NO CALL FACEMASK WAS COMPLETE AND UTTER ********!!!!!!!!!!! Im livid over this no call! Im not saying anything more or this post will turn into one big paragraph of cussing.

I hear ya, that was a pretty brutal face mask, but this type of stuff happens. Next year hopefully we get the final play/call to go our way... :(

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
THAT NO CALL FACEMASK WAS COMPLETE AND UTTER ********!!!!!!!!!!! Im livid over this no call! Im not saying anything more or this post will turn into one big paragraph of cussing.

Ditto!!!!! ****in zebras! Not that it should have came down to that... but the game shouldnt have ended that way either! :viksux:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ditto!!!!! ****in zebras! Not that it should have came down to that... but the game shouldnt have ended that way either! :viksux:

nope should have ended on the Cards last possession of regulation, but he missed the kick

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
nope should have ended on the Cards last possession of regulation, but he missed the kick

Negative... that is on the kicker not fullfilling his duties to make field goals...

A QBs duty doesnt include getting tackled by his facemask

That is on the zebras to make that call.

He Lost them game for them on HIS foot... the game ended on the lack of the REFS whistle!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or Rodgers shouldn't have over thrown Jennings on the first play of ot.

It was a bad non call, but the packers did more to lose that game than the refs. When a team has 3 turnovers they usually lose.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negative... that is on the kicker not fullfilling his duties to make field goals...

A QBs duty doesnt include getting tackled by his facemask

That is on the zebras to make that call.

He Lost them game for them on HIS foot... the game ended on the lack of the REFS whistle!

for the love of christ and all things holy, please quit with all the sniveling about the refs.

Recursive

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Absolutely right... but since he did miss and we won the toss, the game should have been over on the first play of OT. With the way Rodgers was passing the whole second half, I was blown away to see him over throw Jennings... just blown away. All 3 plays of that OT drive were full of voodoo or something. First the missed pass, then Colledge gets called for holding meanwhile Rodgers got laid out on his back from a massive helmet to helmet that didnt get called... then the dreaded missed facemask call. It just wasnt meant to be this year. With that being said, we have years and years of playoff runs ahead of us with this young and TALENTED team. The Pack can only get better from here on out and I for one am excited for Green Bay to be THE team of the new decade. Anyone who ever *****ed about GB letting Favre go in favor of Rodgers has officially be shut the hell up.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for the love of christ and all things holy, please quit with all the sniveling about the refs.

Whats with people thinking there take on the game is the only thing that matters? You see it one way just as others see it a different way.

Sometimes people just need to vent a little bit to.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who ever *****ed about GB letter Favre go in favor of Rodgers has officially be shut the hell up.

Not at all, go take a peek at his official forum, espn forum once

The Brett slobbers are in full force now..Seems they made a new name

ERROR Rodgers

They are trying to blame the loss on Rodgers, but in posts saying its Rodgers fault will say it was Al Harris and Ryan Grants fault for the Giants loss..

Pete and his ilk be damned!!

(inside joke)

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't mind losing by things that the team can control. fumbles, interceptions, lousy D. We did all of those things and still managed to get the game to overtime. Then we get the game ripped away from us by the zebras. That ****** me off. A blatant helmet to helmet and a blatant face mask. Troy and Joe were amazed at the no call on the hit considering the edicts passed down by the NFL. There were plenty of reasons we lost that were our fault I'm ok with that but I'm not with an ending scripted by a bunch of zebras.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well guys I was at the game, very intence and fun game. Tbh if anything is to blame is the defence absolutely no pressure. It was a very physical ga
e. I'm proud of the pack. They came back from 31-10 to loose a good game. All I have say is for years to come pack offence going to be nastyy with a-rod, finley and Jennings.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense lost this game, not the bad calls or no calls by the refs. Those are part of every game and you have to overcome them as a team. Our defense gave up 50+. You can't do that and expect to win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The defense lost this game, not the bad calls or no calls by the refs. Those are part of every game and you have to overcome them as a team. Our defense gave up 50+. You can't do that and expect to win.

Yes you can...Driver Rodgers take 2 plays away and they prob do win

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a link from that which shows a pic of the uncalled face mask

Rodgers shakes off nightmarish beginning - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

On CBS sports an un announced league official said that it was a blown call and the Packers should have gotten the ball. They also said the team and fans should be angry, and I find this almost disgusting with how poorly the officials have been all year not only for the Packers but just as bad for other teams. Like during the Chicago night game against Minny, and the ref helping Favre up whenever he was hit? Are you kidding me? The amount of awful officiating started last year with Hoculi and has clearly boiled over into this season. And also in college, where an SEC staff was suspended for making unfair and bad blatant calls. I am not sure what is going on but the NFL better take notice before fans start walking away with their bulls*** flag raised in disgust. I am still fuming over this loss and I talked to my Dad about it and nothing changes the fact that NFL teams around the league are getting screwed. It is a joke and hopefully this moron staff won't show up for the playoffs again and let the real professionals try and do their job, if there are any left these days. Almost feels like some are throwing games to just throw them, or allow big plays. I am not sure who missed Fitz trucking Woodson but to be honest I am pretty fed up with the bull I have seen around the league on Sundays because it takes away from the game when league employees make consistent errors.

I will guarantee some Vikings fan will rip into this post, but deep down inside even you know that there has been consistent BS to almost every team in the league the last few years. It is fine rip into it but I sure hope father time shows his true colors on Sunday and blows like he has the last 5 years in the end of the season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't mind losing by things that the team can control. fumbles, interceptions, lousy D. We did all of those things and still managed to get the game to overtime. Then we get the game ripped away from us by the zebras. That ****** me off. A blatant helmet to helmet and a blatant face mask. Troy and Joe were amazed at the no call on the hit considering the edicts passed down by the NFL. There were plenty of reasons we lost that were our fault I'm ok with that but I'm not with an ending scripted by a bunch of zebras.
And for that reason alone, there should be a one quarter do-over.
GB doesn't even have to have the ball. Start over with the coin toss.
The refs blew it and there should be someting done to make up for it.
If players can be penalized or even fined for making mistakes then so should the refs.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the calls were horrible in this game, but you have to say that for whatever reason there was a lot of open recievers in the middle of the field, I don't know if it was blown coverage or just that the "D" Play calling didn't call for mid field coverage. All day over the middle was getting eaten up by the cards. I didn't see any Cover 3 being played from the nickle it was all mostly Cover 2 and man coverage that wasn't working. The one thing that I didn't see was a corner blitz that I think would have gotten Warner on his blind side. Also no delay'd blitz scheme's I don't know why Capers was going with so much coverage that wasn't working.