Wow Brandon jackson ranked higher than favre...

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:noflame: Wow, was just looking on NFL.com's Top 100 fantasy players and the unproven rookie that hasnt played an NFL game in his life was ranked in the 70's and Favre was not even on the list? Just adds further confusion for me to the works of fantasy football.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/10224491
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im a fantasy god

by fantasy god i mean fantasy top 5 finisher...

if im lucky...

and have multiple teams...

all of the teams...

Reaction score
I can sort of understand where the dude who made the list is coming from.

McCarthy is a 'run first' type of guy. He's got potentially 2 starting RBs, and an improved o-line (it has to improve, right? :-? ).

There is some evidence that Jackson might be more productive (fantasy points) than Favre.

And of course, it's all subjective so it doesn't mean a damn thing.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever. Favre hasn't been a good fantasy option for years now.

A good RB will always get you more points per week than Favre can.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANY of these lists are the feelings of who wrote them. They are only worth the paper they are written on. So i don't take any of them seriously.
Heck, NO ONE should!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANY of these lists are the feelings of who wrote them. They are only worth the paper they are written on. So i don't take any of them seriously.
Heck, NO ONE should!

That is a fact. It is one mans opinion. He even has Vick ranked ahead of Favre.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre used to be a lock for 30 TD's, now he struggles to get 1 every game.

As for those of you crying cuz Vick is also ranked ahead, you don't know fantasy. Vick finished in the top five in overall fantasy performance.

In traditional fantasy leagues, rushing yards are worth a whole lot more than any other kind of yards being gained. Vick ran for 1,000 yards. That's already 100 points for Vick, not counting the touchdowns he scored.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As for those of you crying cuz Vick is also ranked ahead, you don't know fantasy. Vick finished in the top five in overall fantasy performance.

In traditional fantasy leagues, rushing yards are worth a whole lot more than any other kind of yards being gained. Vick ran for 1,000 yards. That's already 100 points for Vick, not counting the touchdowns he scored.

Thank you Mr. Helper. If Vick was in the top 5 in overall fantasy production. Why is he only the 15th ranked QB, and not even in the top 100 players overall.

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traditionally Vick has been underrated due to his poor passing skills while producing good stats for his draft position...but this year, Vick will be lucky to see the field.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Runningbacks > Quarterback in terms of fantasy football.

I'd always take the runningback first on any team except the Colts.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Thank you Mr. Helper. If Vick was in the top 5 in overall fantasy production. Why is he only the 15th ranked QB, and not even in the top 100 players overall.

Because with his indictment, he might be facing a suspension.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the day comes that I spend my Sunday following and cheering for a fantasy football team, well that will be the day I die.

If I ever spend one of my 16 golden Sundays rooting for a player or defence on any other team other then the Packers or Raiders, well... that will be the day I blow my brains out with my Glock 19.

I have nothing against fantasy team players, good on you, and have fun.

Call me old school. That is OK.

The only fantasy team I have is on a good old ***** film once a year.

R.P.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
Danreb said:

Sorry, the rankings were out long before the indictment.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, RB's are the most covetted of fantasy players, and in most leagues, QB's are dinged pretty hard for throwing interceptions, so i don't think it's crazy. i probably wouldn't have ever chosen favre as my top fantasy quarterback. fantasy football and real life football are very different (hard to imagine, huh? duh!)

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
vike4life said:
Danreb said:

Sorry, the rankings were out long before the indictment.

You're not taking into account that the new coach wants Vick to throw more than run.

It was made long before he was indicted, but there were still reports.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vick finished in the top five in overall fantasy performance. Where on fantasy Island? :rotflmao:

This is just the QB's from last season, and they scored less than the running backs and some wide receivers.

http://www.profootballweekly.com?PFW/Fantasy+Statistics/Skill-position+Scoring/2006/finalssps.htm

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:

Vick finished in the top five in overall fantasy performance. Where on fantasy Island? :rotflmao:

http://www.profootballweekly.com?PFW/Fantasy+Statistics/Skill-position+Scoring/2006/finalssps.htm
Which made me think.............What kind of M&M's did "Tatoo" of Fantasy Island like the best????

"DA PLAIN BOSS! DA PLAIN!!!!" :rotflmao:

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP QB's in 2006

QUARTERBACKS

1. Peyton Manning - Peyton Manning is an absolute fantasy STUD! Despite losing his last 4 road games, Manning continued to produce. In fact, Manning scored a TD in every game he played in 2006 - something no other QB has done. Manning's consistent performance made him dominant in fantasy leagues with 35 total TDs (7 more than any other QB). If Manning's TD performance wasn't enough...he threw for 4397 passing yards, had a QB rating of 101.0, and threw only 9 interceptions. Peyton Manning plays every game, produces consistently at the top of all QBs, and makes very few mistakes. Fantasy owners with Manning on their roster in 2006 had the best QB in the league...without arguement.

2. Drew Brees - All Drew Brees did was to take a sub-500 team and make them a contender. In 2006, Brees read defenses, threw accurate passes for touchdowns, and gave New Orleans fans a football spirit like the city has never seen. If you were lucky enough to "settle" for Drew Brees at QB in the mid rounds of your fantasy draft, then you likely won your division and made it into your fantasy playoffs. If there is a downside to the phenominal performance by Brees this season from a fantasy perspective, it is that he may have been too good!? With the division wrapped early by the Saints, Brees accumulated just 385 yards and 1 touchdown over his last 3 regular season games (during FFL playoffs - a killer for owners who rode his fantastic performances all season).

3. Carson Palmer - With a wealth of talent on offense, Carson Palmer came into 2006 as a huge question mark. Off-season knee surgery had many fantasy owners questioning Palmer's ability to recover from a major operation...and they appeared to be justified as Palmer got off to a slow start in his first 4 games. Carson threw for less than 200 yards and didn't score in 2 of his first 4 games. As Palmer became comfortable with his knee, he started to find key WR Chad Johnson and his fantasy numbers came online with 28 total TDs on the season (2nd to Manning). However, as Palmer gained poise...the Bengals didn't fare as well as they lost 7 of their final 12 and missed the playoffs (5 of the losses by less than a TD).

4. Michael Vick - Is he a running back or a quarterback? I think he's both. Although Vick's total TDs amounts to only 20, he has a whopping 1039 rushing yards!...which is huge in any fantasy league. Vick's passing rating is a mere 75.7. But most fantasy owners don't care too much if he doesn't thread the needle to a group of below average Falcon wide receivers...it's Vick's rushing yards that put the exclamation point on his average quarterback passing stats and made him the number 4 fantasy QB in 2006. The knock on Mike Vick is that he is hit or miss. In three of Vick's games (weeks 3, 14, &16), he failed to score...and didn't have combined yardage totals (passing + rushing) of 200 yards in any of those three games. On the other hand, 8 of Vick's 20 TD throws came in just two games (4 passing TDs in weeks 7 & 15).

5. Marc Bulger - Same 'ol consistent Marc Bulger in 2006. Bulger's 4300+ passing yards with only 8 INTs show why Bulger can continue to counted upon despite coaching and personnel changes in the Rams organization. The only downside to Bulger's stats this past season may be his TD production...which amount to 24 (good, but not great given his yardage and accuracy).

http://fantasy.scout.com/2/607734.html

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year all the fantasy ghuru's had Lamont Jordan as a top ten RB so I took him with the 8th pick and he was a complete bust. In the third round I took Dante culpepper. Still managed to finish 8 and 8 and good Phillip Rivers in the 16th round and kept him as a keeper for 4 years so that helped. It is just opinions but in fantasy the RB's are premium then you fill in the rest of the positions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts