Wouldn't it be a cool story...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if Favre led this young Packer team to the SB this year in 07/08?

(I could already envision some possible headlines:)

"Aging, grizzled, veteran superstar QB in GB leads youngest team to the Big Game for one last dance..."

(or something of that nature..)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Elway is the dream which all players want to finish their career on. I'd love to see Favre versus Manning as a kinda passing on the torch game. Of course Favre would finish with the win

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we dont have enough expirence to make it to the sb.

the only way we may have a slight chance of making it to the sb next season is if we get good players where we need them.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the same fantasy!! I would soo like for Favre to get a 2nd SB Ring! It would be soo sweet!! It would only take a couple of key FA's and excellent years from the existing staff!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints were 3-13 and then 10-6 and in the NFC Title Game. I'm not saying it'll happen but you never know. Right now though Green Bay needs to take it one step at a time.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the only way we may have a slight chance of making it to the sb next season is if we get good players where we need them.

really? You're a bright one :roll:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We're realistically 3 players away from a strong playoff run. How far in the playoffs that would take us, who knows. I'm thinking along the lines of Randy Moss, a solid TE, and a solid Safety. Our LB core is solid. Our DL is solid if we keep rotating Jenkins and KGB. I think if we play Green and Morency like we did Bennett and Levens in '96, our RB group would be acceptable. Our WR trio would be the best in the NFL, and we'd still have The Man behind Center. Our OL is decent. Is it good enough to get us deep into the playoffs? Depends on how much it improves next year.

I honestly think we can beat any team in the NFC with those 3 players. But the problem is not going to the SB just to lose.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

"Aging, grizzled, veteran superstar QB in GB leads youngest team to the Big Game for one last dance..."

Please be serious! The Packers won't make the playoffs next year and you're talking Superbowl? If Favre broke the TD record this past season he would not return for the 07 season. Be realistic, the Packers last 3 games were against two teams that were out of it (with one featuring a rookie QB) and one team that had everything rapped up and were playing their starters just to keep them active, that game meant nothing to the Bears. (obviously were in the Superbowl) Take a look at next years teams you play and try to make a case for the Packers winning more then 6 games.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Please be serious! The Packers won't make the playoffs next year and you're talking Superbowl? If Favre broke the TD record this past season he would not return for the 07 season. Be realistic, the Packers last 3 games were against two teams that were out of it (with one featuring a rookie QB) and one team that had everything rapped up and were playing their starters just to keep them active, that game meant nothing to the Bears. (obviously were in the Superbowl) Take a look at next years teams you play and try to make a case for the Packers winning more then 6 games.

They play the Lions and Vikings twice. That's a possible 4 wins. Both teams struggled this year. Both teams have questionable coaching and both have huge questions at QB. Both teams have been poorly ran.

They play the Raiders. That's another possible win. The Raiders are a complete mess. They won 2 games this year. They’ll probably have a rookie QB starting. They have a few disgruntled players.

Washington isn't very good and are currently in cap hell. Jason Campbell is pretty average right now. They’ll have Portis back. Their Defense has major questions though. Their secondary lacks depth. The receivers underachieved outside of Santana Moss. That could be a possible 6.

Notice I say possible as nothing is guaranteed.

The Rams on the road should be a close game. Green Bay was botched play away from beating them this year. That’s another team that has a lot of holes. They really fell off the radar late in the year. They could possibly win that game as well.

That's 7.

The Giants lost Tiki who is their best overall player. They have question marks all over. Eli Manning hasn’t been very good. Their Defense is average. They struggle against the run and their secondary hasn’t been good for a few years yet. Another possible win.

Carolina struggled this year. This team is certainly talented but John Fox just never gets everything out of this team. Jake Delhomme really struggled this year and they might be looking at a future QB in the Draft and by the time the Packers play them who knows Delhomme could be benched.

The Packers were a game away from making the playoffs this year. They were arguably the 6th best team in the NFC anyways. Instead of being an overwhelmed bias Bears fan, be a realist and realize that the NFC has really only one elite team and that’s the Bears. That’s it! Everyone else is mediocre. The Eagles have a lot of questions. The Saints are the next best but they have their fair share of holes. The NFC stinks and that’ll benefit the Packers. By no means do I think they have a shot at the Super Bowl next year but the playoffs is certainly not out of the question because they play in the NFC which is the NFL’s JV league.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers beat only one team with a winning record and that team that slept walked through the entire game.

Of course. Yeah, the Bears slept walked through that game. Such a convenient excuse. It's okay to admit the Packers straight up beat the Bears. It won't kill ya. The Bears are the ones in the Super Bowl. They are beatable. Lets see, it was just two years ago that the Packers won their 3rd straight NFC North title. Didn't have a losing season for 14 years. The Packers are why the NFC stinks. Yeah, Ok. One horrible season and one so-so season, so lets blame them for the NFC's troubles.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:
The Packers beat only one team with a winning record and that team that slept walked through the entire game.

Of course. Yeah, the Bears slept walked through that game. Such a convenient excuse. It's okay to admit the Packers straight up beat the Bears. It won't kill ya. The Bears are the ones in the Super Bowl. They are beatable. Lets see, it was just two years ago that the Packers won their 3rd straight NFC North title. Didn't have a losing season for 14 years. The Packers are why the NFC stinks. Yeah, Ok. One horrible season and one so-so season, so lets blame them for the NFC's troubles.

Like every infomercial say's "BUT WAIT!"

The BUT WAIT here is this.... If the Bears win the Superbowl tonight.... The Packers can say.... In our last game we beat the Super Bowl Champions...

That is good momentum going into next year.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061231_GB@CHI

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Blackjackking said:

Like every infomercial say's "BUT WAIT!"

The BUT WAIT here is this.... If the Bears win the Superbowl tonight.... The Packers can say.... In our last game we beat the Super Bowl Champions...

That is good momentum going into next year.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061231_GB@CHI

More likely, they can say that we beat the SuperBowl loser 2 years in a row!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

LoL ... theres now an insentive to make sure you beat the Packers on the final game of the year!

Seahawks lost to us, then lost in SB XL
Bears lost to us, then lost in SB XLI

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:

LoL ... theres now an insentive to make sure you beat the Packers on the final game of the year!

Seahawks lost to us, then lost in SB XL
Bears lost to us, then lost in SB XLI

Heh. I see a new poll - which of the teams we beat in '07 will go on to lose the next SB?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the stars align correctly, I see the Pack going 10-6. I don't see the Bears winning 13 again so we have a decent chance of a wild card or better. But SB? No way. 2008 or 2009 I expect big things depending on who the QB is.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts