Would You Want This QB

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK out there in (Packfavreland) I have a QB that we can trade for right now. He is a veteran and here are his numbers. Do you want him on the roster

Since 2002 he is
57 and 39 .680 winning percentage
he has 155 tds to 116 ints about 1.3 tds/int
he has 22 fumbles with 8 lost
has a 2-4 post season record
his record in games below 34 degrees is 6-8
post season ints are up there as well but coulndt find them

question is would you trade for him?

Well these are Favres stats. They are not sucky by any means. They are not great though. I would like to have Favre back but if TT just hands him the job what purpose does that serve.
Brett was not forced out. How can a man that has a contract be forced to do anything.
Besides where is Brett in all this back and forth. He has to open his mouth and end his silence. I think most fans would respect Brett showing a little humility and not this bs with the Please release my whining behing because i dont think you wike me no more. Honestly Folks if he comes back and beats out Aaron great. IF not! Sit on the pine Brett. You are the competitor then COMPETE

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a little tougher when you look on his recent years, but judging on his previous season and how well that went, yes I would take him back. Now bring in all this "retirement" issue and thats another story.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a little tougher when you look on his recent years, but judging on his previous season and how well that went, yes I would take him back. Now bring in all this "retirement" issue and thats another story.
thats the issue cyoung when you look at performance you do have to trend it out. The question is was last season the rule or the exception. Now I know that 05 was really a ****** year but you then must look at Playoff performance. Brett is a great player and I have a feeling he will still be in green and gold. But this acromony between what should be loyal Packer fans is perplexing. Most in here were all behind Rogers and then when Favre sniffs the firehydrant some quickly jump off one wagon to get on the other.
As a fan I look at the long term as well as short term. There is no gaurantee that the Favre we get back is 05/06 farve 47 ints to 38 tds or the 07 favre.
Just as there is no gaurantee with rogers.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few months ago many of us were hoping for Ted to sign an aging QB like this to backup Rodgers.
Not saying I dont want or think favre should come back. Just want everyone to have some perspective.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
thats the issue cyoung when you look at performance you do have to trend it out. The question is was last season the rule or the exception. Now I know that 05 was really a ****** year but you then must look at Playoff performance. Brett is a great player and I have a feeling he will still be in green and gold. But this acromony between what should be loyal Packer fans is perplexing. Most in here were all behind Rogers and then when Favre sniffs the firehydrant some quickly jump off one wagon to get on the other.
As a fan I look at the long term as well as short term. There is no gaurantee that the Favre we get back is 05/06 farve 47 ints to 38 tds or the 07 favre.
Just as there is no gaurantee with rogers.

Yes there is that chance, but watching Brett last year he looked good. He was having fun and was playing great and had a great team around him, with him looking like that I would take him back.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, who cares what he did in 2002? What did he do last year? Runner up mvp. Not much else needs to be said.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that sums it up well.

IMO, from last years perfomance, BF clearly gives GB the best chance of winning this year.

However, with all this media garbage going on, does the above statement change.?

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
To be honest, who cares what he did in 2002? What did he do last year? Runner up mvp. Not much else needs to be said.

Well the same can be said for what he did LAST year. Can you honestly project what he will do this year? No I would think you couldn't. The question was whether or not you were going to trade for a player and you trended his stats out would you want them.
As fans we only get to see the TV shows version of a game. We dont have the full picture of performance. Can Brett lead the pack to the SB sure. Could AR yeah he could. Ben Rothlesburger led a Steeler team to the AFC Championship his first year and won the SB his second year. Anything can happen in the NFL

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Well the same can be said for what he did LAST year. Can you honestly project what he will do this year? No I would think you couldn't. The question was whether or not you were going to trade for a player and you trended his stats out would you want them.
As fans we only get to see the TV shows version of a game. We dont have the full picture of performance. Can Brett lead the pack to the SB sure. Could AR yeah he could. Ben Rothlesburger led a Steeler team to the AFC Championship his first year and won the SB his second year. Anything can happen in the NFL

I guess manning & Brady could flop as well but would you bet on it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts