Would you want Suh on GB ?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Jim Schwartz = The Poor man's Jerry Glanville

No way. Glanville was at least funny and entertaining. Schwartz is just a grumpy *********. Glanville was an amusing charismatic *********

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Jim Schwartz = The Poor man's Jerry Glanville

...and considering that Glanville was trailer trash ... how much poorer can anyone get to take Schwartz. Say what you want about Schwartz and you'll probably be in the ballpark, but there is no disputing the fact that the clown changed the culture of that entire organization.

12theTruth

No to Suh just like to Randy Moss in the recent past. Ted Terrific will address his defensive line in next years draft and we always have Lawrence Guy :rolleyes: available next year. I think there is a chance that S'oto gets moved to defensive end from linebacker this offseason.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I don't think you can blame Suh's temper tantrums on Schwartz. They may each have their own issues but while Suh was stomping Smith's head into the ground, Schwartz was not on the field applying pressure to Suh's foot. He acted alone. He's a creep and I would dislike it immensely if he were part of the Packers orginization. He would soil our image. IMO.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you can blame Suh's temper tantrums on Schwartz. They may each have their own issues but while Suh was stomping Smith's head into the ground, Schwartz was not on the field applying pressure to Suh's foot. He acted alone. He's a creep and I would dislike it immensely if he were part of the Packers orginization. He would soil our image. IMO.

Agreed you can't really blame his temper tantrums on Schwartz, but I do blame Schwartz for not doing more to keep him in check. He kind of just lets him get away with it and sometimes even defends him. If he were on my team, he'd be on the bench and eventually on a bus headed out of GB. Schwartz needs to lay down the hammer.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
With a team with the MOST personal foul penalties, I don't see Schwartz doing anything to fix it. As a matter of fact, with his hissy fit on Harbaugh, I think he is actually encouraging it.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shu may be good when is mad and he must of been calm yesterday other than the one sack, you didn't hear a peep out of him. I think he has to have that beast come out so he can play the game our guys up front did pretty good into holding him down.SWo no I would not want a guy who when his temper can't be in the game to play for me he is like Haynesworth that way,witch is why he isn't playing well I would take allen over him.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
With a team with the MOST personal foul penalties, I don't see Schwartz doing anything to fix it. As a matter of fact, with his hissy fit on Harbaugh, I think he is actually encouraging it.
Maybe so, but I still think that Suh acts on his own instincts. Perhaps the officials should start handing out fines to the coaches if it is deemed that they are encouraging poor sportsmanlike behavior. Yes, they should ALSO be held responsible.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe so, but I still think that Suh acts on his own instincts. Perhaps the officials should start handing out fines to the coaches if it is deemed that they are encouraging poor sportsmanlike behavior. Yes, they should ALSO be held responsible.

I think he acts on his own instincts and he must learn to control himself. I've said this about Suh before, his actions hurt his own team more than anybody else just as Schwarz's inaction hurts himself and his team the most.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too arrogant for the Packers.
The Pack locker room is nice and balanced. We don't want to upset that calm balance.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Agreed you can't really blame his temper tantrums on Schwartz, but I do blame Schwartz for not doing more to keep him in check. He kind of just lets him get away with it and sometimes even defends him. If he were on my team, he'd be on the bench and eventually on a bus headed out of GB. Schwartz needs to lay down the hammer.

Suh's college teammate said that Suh was dirty in college practices. A leopard can't change his spots and this Lion won't change his mane demeanor.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without a question.

One needs to look at his background before tagging Suh as a dirty player. Well, he is, but why is he a dirty player? Take a look at the coaches he's worked with: Bo Pelini and Jim Schwartz.

Two "tought guys" that care little for discipline and ethic, and that preach violence and intensity. He's been taught to be dirty, and both of his football role models are first class ********.

I have no doubt that, under Capers, McCarthy and this sensational locker room, he'd be a very different guy.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course! Suh is an amazing player. Teamed up with Raji and Matthews and company, I could see our defense being elite.

As far as him being dirty, I think there's a good chance its environment and not genetics. Nurture not nature. Put him with higher character coaching and teammates and I think he does just fine.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Of course! Suh is an amazing player. Teamed up with Raji and Matthews and company, I could see our defense being elite.

As far as him being dirty, I think there's a good chance its environment and not genetics. Nurture not nature. Put him with higher character coaching and teammates and I think he does just fine.

You mean he'd straighten out like TO with Andy Reid? Good high character coach. I think some guys are just plain locker room cancers and there is little chance for them to change.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and considering that Glanville was trailer trash ... how much poorer can anyone get to take Schwartz. Say what you want about Schwartz and you'll probably be in the ballpark, but there is no disputing the fact that the clown changed the culture of that entire organization.
From losers to posers. Guess they'll take it.

Honestly, I think Mayhew is the one responsible for the Lions' turnaround. Schawrtz is developing a culture of irresponsibility and undiscipline that is going to seriously hamper these Lions' ability to compete at a higher level, moreso this being a very young team. It'll be hard to get rid of bad habits in the future.

Packers fans know too well how that can rear it's ugly head in the worst possible moment (usually in a backbreaking interception).

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean he'd straighten out like TO with Andy Reid? Good high character coach. I think some guys are just plain locker room cancers and there is little chance for them to change.
I just dont see him as a head case like TO. I never met Suh but he doesn't seem a narcasist. I see others on the lions who play after the whistle and am prone to believe that the over-aggressiveness is a product of coaching encouragement.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

T.O. already had years of ego under him by the time he signed with the Eagles. I think he was already too far gone by then. Once that ego/ persona is in place, there is little anyone can do to change them. Suh is still young, he doesn't have all the experience that T.O. had, so I think Suh would still be somewhat impressionable and under the right coaching environment they should be able to work with him.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes i would love that guy here on the along side raji and pickett would be awesome for our D. I think he gets a bad rap cause people say they don't like his attitude but there is nothing out of lions camp that says he is disruptive in the locker and causes problems. And also i have faith in the packer locker room atmosphere. We got the vets that set a tone that make you want to do things a certain way as oppose to NE which always came off as breaking a guy to a certain way.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every GM in the league would LOVE to have this guy. He is a freak, crazy strong, crazy mean. Hell yes I'd take him, as would every other human being qualified to be an NFL GM that likes to win.

No...I wouldn't take him....I prefer Mike Neal or Justin Harrell...gimme a break!

Though my throat still hurts like heck from sitting 6 rows behind him and screaming at him every chance I got. His bench spot was literally directly in front of us. HEEEYYYY SUUUUUUHHHHHH!!! HOW MANY SACKS YOU GOT?! WHERE U AT?! HEY SUH!! YOU STOMP OUR BOY AND OUR 2ND TEAM STOMPS YOU!!! hahaha so much fun! I'm not a big heckler, but I'm always a yeller, but he deserves it because I hate him.....but we'd be a lot better on D with him and I'd love to have him.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
No, no, no, a thousand times no. I don't want a guy who stomps on somebody then gives a presser like that after in a Green Bay uniform. He's a punk. Sorry.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts