Would you trade?

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota is rumored to want to move up to get one of the top three QB's. At number 5 our pick is worth 1700 points according to draft value chart. They have number 17 in first and 48 and 51 in second. In combination they are worth about 1770 points. If they were willing to trade those three for ours would you do it. I would since this draft is deep and we could get several good players.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am willing to trade down for extra picks, but that might be jst a bit too much a drop down the order to make me happy. If someone in the 9 - 13 spot wanted to do something, great, but beyond that........................

Then again, this is a very deep draft by all accounts so, the second round could yield a great bounty.

Hell, this is why GMs earn the bucks they do.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would not trade with the vikings so they can get a possibly great qb who then plays against us twice a year and kicks are but if hes good. its going to be tough to trade down out of that pick, on scenario i would like is if we trade a player and a draft pick for a #1 pick and then trade that #1 pick down to get more picks.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would make that trade if it it was Vince Young they wanted and Mario was off the board. But something tells me the Viking organization is tired of having sub 15 wonderlic guys playing quarterback. I think Minnesota would like to get their hands on Cutler, so to answer the original question of this thread: Hell no.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
17 is too far down if you ask me--If Williams and Hawk happen to be off the board then maybe we look for a trade down. Even if they are I'm not certain I wouldn't select Micheal Huff.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd TRADE... UP!!!

Package our #1 pick with Ahman for the 1st pick overall and draft Bush.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
I'd TRADE... UP!!!

That was a funny joke. Thanks I needed a laugh ;)

(im not buying into the Bush Koolaid)

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
I would make that trade if it it was Vince Young they wanted and Mario was off the board. But something tells me the Viking organization is tired of having sub 15 wonderlic guys playing quarterback. I think Minnesota would like to get their hands on Cutler, so to answer the original question of this thread: Hell no.
:D Agree No way we should help the Vikes; one woulf think we've already done more then our share of heavy lifting for that bunch of Moral misfits.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
17- DE Tamba Hali, Penn State
36 (our 2nd)-LB Thomas Howard, UTEP
48-G Taitsui Lutui, Southern Cal
51-WR Maurice Stovall, Notre Dame
...and either a RB or CB in the 3rd round

that would be one heck of a draft class

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Obi1 said:
I'd TRADE... UP!!!

That was a funny joke. Thanks I needed a laugh ;)

(im not buying into the Bush Koolaid)

Who's joking?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first glance, I wouldn't want to drop to 17 but Hali is one tough dude. He might not be there. I like the OG from SC. But all in all, I have a, perhaps unreasonable, hatred of dealing with an enemy. Especially the Vikes. Granted, they MIGHT be helping us too, but helping them get a QB who might star for 10 years makes my stomach churn. But what the hell do I know?

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they want it so bad throw in next years #1 and we'll do it. Otherwise that's moving down too low with all those picks. Make them pay big, stay put or trade out of the division.

Staff online

Latest posts