Would you trade Walker for...

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could Walker be had with Carolina's 4th round pick? Seriously. I'm not looking for sarcastic answers. But apparently the guy truly doesn't like GB and wants out. Meanwhile, Carolina has a serious need for a second receiver to take the heat off of Smitty since the departure of Moose.

What do you think?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Different Topic, with the Panthers signing 2 DT, what is the plans for Jenkins? Since we are dreaming Walker for Jenkins straight-up?

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about to the Falcons for Matt Schaub ( I know, we have Rodgers )? That way he'd be back in the south and playing with a QB who won't get him the ball ( See Peerless Price ) and we'd get our QB of the future.
Hammer

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about to the Falcons for Matt Schaub ( I know, we have Rodgers )? That way he'd be back in the south and playing with a QB who won't get him the ball ( See Peerless Price ) and we'd get our QB of the future.
Hammer

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker for the rights to Ricky Manning Jr., an RFA this year--oh and thanks for picking three passes in that NFC championship game, the 3rd lost for the Eagles in '04 OR i'd take your late 2nd for Walker

I keep saying that the wide reciever market is not that good...I keep telling Philly fans that too

Sure Miami gave a 2nd for Culepepper but there are QB's on the market...Brees, Kitna, and QB's in the draft...Leinart, Cutler, Young

For recievers, the best ones that are left are...um, Antonio Bryant and David Givens were signed today, so...I can't think of one quality guy that is out there to be a potential starting wide out, and in the draft, Santonio Holmes and others look good, but aren't even top 20 prospects yet...If I were Thompson I'd hold out and get more than a 4th for Walker, i can see where you're coming from, panther, how sometimes high profile holdouts go for lower picks, but honestly I think the Packers can do better

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Walker for the rights to Ricky Manning Jr., an RFA this year--oh and thanks for picking three passes in that NFC championship game, the 3rd lost for the Eagles in '04 OR i'd take your late 2nd for Walker

I keep saying that the wide reciever market is not that good...I keep telling Philly fans that too

Sure Miami gave a 2nd for Culepepper but there are QB's on the market...Brees, Kitna, and QB's in the draft...Leinart, Cutler, Young

For recievers, the best ones that are left are...um, Antonio Bryant and David Givens were signed today, so...I can't think of one quality guy that is out there to be a potential starting wide out, and in the draft, Santonio Holmes and others look good, but aren't even top 20 prospects yet...If I were Thompson I'd hold out and get more than a 4th for Walker, i can see where you're coming from, panther, how sometimes high profile holdouts go for lower picks, but honestly I think the Packers can do better

Ricky Manning didn't even start this year for Carolina.
Hammer

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HELL NO!

A 4th round draft choice for Walker would be insane.

You are proposing getting a Rodeo Drive quality item for a KMart blue light special price. Not that I blame you for trying, but if Teddy puts Walker on the market, the bidding will start much higher than a late 4th round draft choice.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Hammer said:
Hammer

Ahmad Carroll started for us this year
JavonWalker084

But, is Ricky Manning the equal of Javon Walker? I'll agree that Carroll could easily be improved upon.
Hammer

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:
Could Walker be had with Carolina's 4th round pick? Seriously. I'm not looking for sarcastic answers. But apparently the guy truly doesn't like GB and wants out. Meanwhile, Carolina has a serious need for a second receiver to take the heat off of Smitty since the departure of Moose.

What do you think?

probably a player rather than a 4th round pick. Honestly I think Green Bay could get a 2nd round pick for him. 3rd would be latest. If he gets traded I think it's for a player though. In Carolina's case maybe a CB like Ken Lucas or Ricky Manning.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Different Topic, with the Panthers signing 2 DT, what is the plans for Jenkins? Since we are dreaming Walker for Jenkins straight-up?

It raises the question about Jenks future after having played in 5 games over the last two seasons. He has a high cap number. We did sign two DTs that were starters last season and have two of our own that are up and coming in Carstens and Moorehead.

However, I see these signings as insurance for Jenkins. If he gets hurt this season, he'll be done as a Panther. If he comes back out of shape or has a lackluster year, he'll be done. IF he is what he was, we'll start Jenkins and Kemoeatu in the middle with Rucker and Peppers on the outside. Our DE backup, Wallace is a starter most places. Then Lewis, Moorehead and Carstens all have good experience under their belt and will sub frequently to keep the big guys (Kemo 350lbs and Jenkins 335) from dying of heat stroke!

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:

Manning Jr played a lot. As much as many starters last season. He has been a starter and has a lot of experience. He's our nickel because Gamble and Lucas are the "starters." They both have height. That's Manning's major down fall. Otherwise, I love his heart and speed. He's great on special teams and wins a lot of battles against slot receivers. When teams go big in the slot, he'll shift outside and let Luc or Gamble come in. His skills are better than Gamble's in my opinion, but he gets beat on size some times. I don't see Carolina giving him up this season, but he'll be next year's Witherspoon to a much lesser degree. i.e. Carolina isn't going to pay him like a starting corner.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
JavonWalker084 said:

Hammer

I'd have to agree that Manning is better than Carroll. Gamble and Lucas are in front of Manning and thus he didn't crack the starting line up. He played as much as the starters and performed well. Lucas should've been a pro-bowl choice and Gamble is very solid. That's not a knock on Manning, just praise for the two in front of him.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
HELL NO!

A 4th round draft choice for Walker would be insane.

You are proposing getting a Rodeo Drive quality item for a KMart blue light special price. Not that I blame you for trying, but if Teddy puts Walker on the market, the bidding will start much higher than a late 4th round draft choice.

When a man doesn't want to play for you and would rather "retire?" Come on. You can let him half-*** his way through this season for GB and sign elsewhere next year, or you can actually get something for him in return now and avoid the lack of chemistry in the locker room.

He's coming off of MAJOR knee surgery and may or may not be Rodeo Drive. He could be some off beat back alley? Look at what TO brought when traded to the Eagles. Look at Culpepper. Rod Gardner last season was brought in for a 6th round pick last season.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
JavonWalker084 said:
Hammer said:
Hammer

Ahmad Carroll started for us this year
JavonWalker084

But, is Ricky Manning the equal of Javon Walker? I'll agree that Carroll could easily be improved upon.
Hammer

It's not about equal. It's about getting something vs. nothing and a major headache. You get what you can and you move on in situations like these. Having said that, maybe the "get what you can" means you try to get Walker to show case himself to prove he's not hurt AND get that big pay day elsewhere next season rather than taking a low pick this season.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pantherd said:

What do you think?

probably a player rather than a 4th round pick. Honestly I think Green Bay could get a 2nd round pick for him. 3rd would be latest. If he gets traded I think it's for a player though. In Carolina's case maybe a CB like Ken Lucas or Ricky Manning.

Kenny Lucas? Off limits. Where did that come from?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:
It's not about equal. It's about getting something vs. nothing and a major headache. You get what you can and you move on in situations like these. Having said that, maybe the "get what you can" means you try to get Walker to show case himself to prove he's not hurt AND get that big pay day elsewhere next season rather than taking a low pick this season.

Right its not about equal...but a 4th round pick is not much--albeit down in the order, coming from a playoff team, and considering we're trading him to another NFC team

Walker for a day one pick does us well, potential to deal up from our #36 pick and move into the late first round, or just draft a bunch of the solid prospets that this draft presents

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts