Would you trade Ferguson to the Eagles?

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
How come ya feel our LB are better than DB an DL? I guess I can see how you say the DL is better than the LB, but to say the LB is better than the DB? Hmmm. I'm not sure about that. Are you including the injury to Diggs or even with Diggs are you saying the LB needs more help than the DB?

Putting more thought into it I think I can see your point though. Meaning if your point is the LB is the worst out of DB, LB and DL.

The main thing I don't like about the LB situation is Barnett is being used wrong. I think he's a super LBer, I just think we need to utilize the speed and put him outside. He gets swallowed up quickly when our DTs don't penetrate.

SlickVision said:
DL
Baja-Biamilla sp?
C.Williams
G. Jackson
Kampan
I think we'll be okay there if we can rotate someone in for Kampan who is a speedier pass rusher.

I'll go through these as I see them... :)

KGB-Awesome, but too small to be an effective every down DE. I'd play him only on passing downs. That's the problem though, until we get a DE who can be effective against the run, we're screwed.
Hunt-If this guy would ever get off his ***, he'd be a Pro Bowler. Bates will get some life out of this guy.
Jackson-getting too old and unreliable as far as injuries. Its a different defense with him in there though. IMHO we have to have Grady healthy to be worth a crap on D
Kampman-Actually I'd keep him in every down. He is a but small but the guy gives 110% every play and can hold up against the run and even get an occasional sack.

SlickVision said:
LB
Diggs?
Barnett
Thompson

Geez that does seem pretty rough there. But with this system that bates has implemented zach thomas who is similar in size has done fairly well for his team.

Diggs-Our best LBer IMHO. He hits, he's fast, and he's durable.
Barnett-I covered this, no need to repeat it.
Navies--Good backup but we desperately need an upgrade.
Thompson--Would do well in Bates system but he's got some size issues and I believe he is a strike away from being suspended under the drug prgram. Stuff like that scares me when we have no depth.
Lenon--Special teamer. Nothing else.

Bottom line is we need a true MLB.

SlickVision said:
Man I just don't know.
I can see how a LB could make an impact maybe more so than a DB. Because really if you have a lot of pressure on the QB that makes him make bad throws in which makes the DB group look better, right?

Exactly. You nailed it. A good pass rush and LBers that can get home to the QB every once in a while would make our secondary a WHOLE LOT better. :)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another "Pack needs a true MLB" vote. The Pack would have some solid depth if they could find an mlb too...imagine having Thompson, Naivies, and Poppinga/Lenon at back up, that's not too shabby!

That, however, is based on wishful thinking. Keep in mind that Driver is 30, although it looks and sounds like he could be as dominant as ever, Fergy does have 5 years on him, and we're all aware of his value to the team and upside. I still say the Pack need to get the better end of the deal in order to pull this off. Eagles are more desperate.

OP
OP
A

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry McCarren seemed to think it was a good idea to trade a receiver for some help on defense. Below was a question and answer from him in yesterday's Packer chat:

Steve, Pensacola, Fl.: Do you see us if not Robert Ferguson, trading any surplus players for defensive help?...

LM: Steve, your suggestion makes sense to me. The Packers have lots of depth at receiver and in the offensive line. If they can use to upgrade the defense, all the better....

Members online

Latest posts