Would you support the idea of turning Labeau Field into a Dome?

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've thought about putting a dome on it in Madden. I've got some sort of glitch where about 95% of the home games in my franchise are torrential downpours. It makes it really hard to throw the ball. So in Madden, I might do it, but in real life, absolutely not.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it is all about tradition but I would dome every NFL stadium. The money you pay for a ticket is way to high to sit in the cold and rain to watch a game. Why subject the players to that? High school are over before real cold weather comes. Even the college season never really has to deal with too much bad weather. The NFL is now played into February. You play in the NFL and make millions each season and you have to play in 30 degree temperatures and freezing rain? really? With the amount of money involved in the NFL I am surprise it's not a rule already. Think about it, you are a dome team and make it to the playoffs and you end up in Seatle where you are so cold and wet you can't even throw and catch a football, lose a game that if you were at a decent field you would have won easily? That would sure enough **** me off. It don't seem fair. If I was the commissioner I would give all teams 10 years to have their stadiums domed. I know you all will shoot me but why not?

1. If you think the money you pay for a ticket is "way too high to sit in the cold and rain to watch a game," then don't buy the the damn ticket. It's not like the Packers have been struggling to sellout, though...
2. "Why subject the players to that?" Are you kidding me? -You make my point for me: "You play in the NFL and make millions each season and you have to play in 30 degree temperatures and freezing rain?" -Yep, those are the economics of the situation: you earn exorbitant sums of money playing a sport. Sometimes you're not going to be comfortable. Boo hoo. If you don't like it, find another profession.
3. The diversity of stadiums and playing environments is one of the highlights of the league. I'm glad you aren't commissioner and won't be able to sterilize all of the league's venues.
4. I told Bart Starr about your post and he said you should change your signiture, Nancy.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. If you think the money you pay for a ticket is "way too high to sit in the cold and rain to watch a game," then don't buy the the damn ticket. It's not like the Packers have been struggling to sellout, though...
2. "Why subject the players to that?" Are you kidding me? -You make my point for me: "You play in the NFL and make millions each season and you have to play in 30 degree temperatures and freezing rain?" -Yep, those are the economics of the situation: you earn exorbitant sums of money playing a sport. Sometimes you're not going to be comfortable. Boo hoo. If you don't like it, find another profession.
3. The diversity of stadiums and playing environments is one of the highlights of the league. I'm glad you aren't commissioner and won't be able to sterilize all of the league's venues.
4. I told Bart Starr about your post and he said you should change your signiture, Nancy.
I agree 100% w/jaybadger82. These guys have plenty of time to warm up after playing in freezing weather. Besides they've got hand warmers inside those pouches they wear around their waste. Have u ever activated a hand warmer? Those jokers are HOT! I'd bet that 95 outta 100 packer fans would say NO DOME!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
mvandermase opinion
I've actually spoken with Rodgers about his dome play on a couple of occasions post-game. This may sound odd, but Rodgers prefers playing in a dome primarily because of footwear issues. He plays better when he gets to wear hisdome shoes. What most people don't realize is that lambeau has a transitional archetectural design... it was built in a manner that making a conversion to a dome is entirely feasible. Expect this to be a hot topic if the Packers do indeed win back to back Superbowls. The Koch brothers are willing to fund roughly 30% of this endeavor, leaving the rest for the taxpayers (likely a retail tax). I for one, am pro -dome. It will bring in much needed jobs to Green Bay put it up there with some of the more elite NFL cities, like Dallas.

I'm not done paying for the last major remodel and now some joker wants to dig into my wallet again so he can be a fair weather fan? Let the Koch brothers cough up the 2/3 and I'll at least not say no before looking at your argument. A majority of my purchases get the added 1/2% from the last upgrade. Add that to several vehicles or a major appliance a few times, the tax outlasts most of them.

BTW you can't watch the NFL in Dallas as no team plays there. New York either so GB is an NFL city, not the other two.

D

Dan115

I'm not done paying for the last major remodel and now some joker wants to dig into my wallet again so he can be a fair weather fan? Let the Koch brothers cough up the 2/3 and I'll at least not say no before looking at your argument. A majority of my purchases get the added 1/2% from the last upgrade. Add that to several vehicles or a major appliance a few times, the tax outlasts most of them.

NOT my argument. MY name is NOT MIKE Vandermase.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100% w/jaybadger82. These guys have plenty of time to warm up after playing in freezing weather. Besides they've got hand warmers inside those pouches they wear around their waste. Have u ever activated a hand warmer? Those jokers are HOT! I'd bet that 95 outta 100 packer fans would say NO DOME!

the players on the field are usually warmer than the fans in the stands anyway. If they are true packer fans then it should be 100 out of 100.

Imagine if the Roman Coliseum had continued to make changes, today it would be nothing more than a stadium with a huge jumbotron, retractable roof, and be sponsored by Ferrari.

(unfortunately I need to say that the above analogy is in jest, I become more discouraged by this board everyday and feel like I have to make that point clear)

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
the players on the field are usually warmer than the fans in the stands anyway. If they are true packer fans then it should be 100 out of 100.

Imagine if the Roman Coliseum had continued to make changes, today it would be nothing more than a stadium with a huge jumbotron, retractable roof, and be sponsored by Ferrari.

(unfortunately I need to say that the above analogy is in jest, I become more discouraged by this board everyday and feel like I have to make that point clear)
I agree w/1 exception. I think Lamborgini would try to be the main or solo sponsor

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings HIMSELF said that he and the receivers wished a dome could have been put on once the cold weather hit.
I know this winter was very mild, but his point is well-taken, and I wrote about that in November.

Our current offense is built for warm climates, or indoors. We showed that in the 2011 post-season, scoring almost at will inside of domes vs Pittsburgh and Atlanta, but not scoring much in the 2 outdoor games vs the Eagles and Bears.

Too bad it's unlrealistic. No I don't want a solid dome, but would love the retractable thing that the Cardinals, Cowboys, Brewers have. What is the world-record fastest something like that could be done?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings HIMSELF said that he and the receivers wished a dome could have been put on once the cold weather hit.
I know this winter was very mild, but his point is well-taken, and I wrote about that in November.

Our current offense is built for warm climates, or indoors. We showed that in the 2011 post-season, scoring almost at will inside of domes vs Pittsburgh and Atlanta, but not scoring much in the 2 outdoor games vs the Eagles and Bears.

Too bad it's unlrealistic. No I don't want a solid dome, but would love the retractable thing that the Cardinals, Cowboys, Brewers have. What is the world-record fastest something like that could be done?

We did not score at will against the Steelers. The Falcons played one of the worst all around games I have ever seen a team play in the playoffs (and then did it again this year) and philadelphia and chicago were good teams and we were on the road.

The packers will be fine.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Heresy!!!! Heresy !!!!! Burn the Witch (sorry Ladies)

You don't Dome history, You don't Dome the Ice Bowl. You may as well throw a sheet over the Statue of Liberty, Lock Away the Declaration of Independence, Fill in the Great Lakes.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I can see Lambeau being domed with in the next 20 years, I don't see it as their decision though. I can see when a new commissioner comes into the NFL, who isn't quite like Goodell and is seeking on improving revenue since by that time revenue may be sliding, a way to increase ticket sales would be doming up all the stadiums, or at least putting retractable roofs. It would be deemed for player and fans safety from getting too cold, being injured, slipping on ice, or some BS reason.

Green bay will fight it, but will ultimately lose, with the reason being another stock sale would of been done and a bitter taste would be left in the other 31 owners mouth, and belief that the Packers have been grandfathered into too many rules. This would be why Lambeau would have a dome on it. If it was up to the players it would be domed, but up to the former players it as sure as hell would be open. Packers are a traditionalist team, they played through the dirt, grime, sleet, snow, and rain and made history **** it.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been attending the cold weather games since I was a kid - because the tickets are easier to get. All of the pro-dome pu$$ies stay home and sell their tickets. I live in the Detroit area and drive 9-10 hours each way to attend these games. I also attend a couple Lions games each year vs Packers and other teams. There is no comparison between watching a game outdoors and watching one in a dome. Every Lions fan friend that has come with me to Lambeau wishes they had an outdoor stadium.

IMO the weather does not play as much of a factor in games as we are led to believe. Both teams have to play in the same weather. A good defense will stop an offese that is "set up" for bad weather.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worse the weather conditions, the more "Wisconsin" the game. NO to the dome.
True, but unfortunately, Mark Tauscher is the only "Wisconsin" guy we have. No longer though.

Rodgers, Finley, Driver, Gurley, Jordy, Cobb, Collins, etc. them boys are southern boys.
The "Wisconsin" weather takes away from our strength.

This just in: We are not the Lombardi-led Power Sweep team of the 1960's anymore. We are a precision passing team, pinpoint.

I can see a retractable dome on there just as it is for the Brewers, and last I checked, that was in Wisconsin too!

Plus that could help get a Super Bowl to be at Lambeau. Remember, REAL GRASS still though. Just throw the dome closed during the winter month games.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
is seeking on improving revenue since by that time revenue may be sliding, a way to increase ticket sales would be doming up all the stadiums, or at least putting retractable roofs.
Ticket sales will not be sliding in Green Bay, the Packers will show the new commissioner their waiting list and chuckle at his comments IMHO.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
True, but unfortunately, Mark Tauscher is the only "Wisconsin" guy we have. No longer though.

Rodgers, Finley, Driver, Gurley, Jordy, Cobb, Collins, etc. them boys are southern boys.
The "Wisconsin" weather takes away from our strength.

This just in: We are not the Lombardi-led Power Sweep team of the 1960's anymore. We are a precision passing team, pinpoint.

I can see a retractable dome on there just as it is for the Brewers, and last I checked, that was in Wisconsin too!

Plus that could help get a Super Bowl to be at Lambeau. Remember, REAL GRASS still though. Just throw the dome closed during the winter month games.
My opinion is based more on the fans perspective and the pride taken by riding out a game through inclement weather conditions. As far as the players, I think 0 degrees is 0 degrees whether you're from Wisconsin or Mississipi.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

Perhaps a compromise: a rapidly retractable dome that we close while the Pack is on offense, and open when the opponent is. ;)

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score

I understand your thinking. I enjoy watching football outside. I live in Ohio and I know what it is like to watch High School Football in lousy weather. I was just saying that as much money as involved in the NFL why should I watch a game on TV while there is a blizzard on the field, you can't see half of what is going on, and the players aren't playing they look like they are in survival mode. Just waiting for the game to be over so they can get warm. That is not competition. Too much money is spent to watch sub standard football. You never see a baseball game played in the rain. Do you think that takes away from the "tradition" of baseball. Of course not. You wouldn't want to see a wet ball to slip out of the pitchers hand and someone hit a home run on a pitch that normally would have been strike three.

I watched the ice bowl and I never saw Bart dancing a jig because it was so cold.

Members online

Latest posts