Would you support a packers game in London?

Would you support a Packers game outside of the US?

• YES!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No.

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a stupid idea to send two American teams overseas to play the same damn thing they could here.
Besides, it's a waste of resources and adds a bit more pollution that doesn't need to be added.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Don't support the Packers playing overseas. It costs them a valuable home game and a short schedule and if the team wants to visit England they can do it in the offseason. Let the Bears, Lions, and Vikings be the ambassadors of the NFC North to foreign lands, they'll ruin any chances of England wanting an NFL team.

Reaction score
In OSLO! :D

Quite seriously, I think the Packers have some potential in Europe. People here don't like the idea of the artificial franchises, and while the Packers are a franchise, we have as long a history as most soccer teams and are also fan-owned.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it, would prolly get us more fans! Plus we are gonna have an amazing team for years to come so we should be able to win anywhere!

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do the same people call the Packers World Champions, yet be adamantly opposed to any game played internationally and then mention it is called the National Football League. Keyword National. You cannot have it both ways.....

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm, what?

I guess the SB champ could beat up on the Grey Cup champ every year, but I doubt the CFL would see that as a smart business move.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Intl exposure. More $$$
Plus GB is one of the most popular teams anyway.
I voted Yes.

But if it counts as a home game I might have to reconsider......
ughhhhh
I can't wait til football season.... if theres a season...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I already commented but...

Would I SUPPORT a Packers game in London? I would support a Packers game on the moon! There's a saying on my soccer team's anthem "even by foot we will go, for whatever happens, but the sure thing is that we will be with Grêmio wherever Grêmio is" (até a pé nós iremos, para o que der e vier, mas o certo é que nós estaremos, com o Grêmio onde o Grêmio estiver.) As Packer fans, we should support the Packers wherever they are.

But would I WANT a Packers game abroad? No way, it's a disadvantage. Even in preseason, it's an issue, as it is a distraction.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Great idea, DD!

Now that you solved that problem, perhaps you help with that other lil' issue between the owners and players...
Haha, that's easier than you think. How about we all agree that the NFL is a money machine and decide that we all benefit from not arguing. How about billionaire owners agree that it's at least a little bit about the history and the game. Here's the answer...
Nobody is there representing the fans. We have owners and players and so on, but who pays the bills? Yep, the fans. It's arrogance to an extreme degree to think that it's all about them. It's not. It's about US,
The fans pay the bills so why are there no fan representatives at the meetings? I'm not talking about an impassioned loud mouthed blowhard Bears fan. I'm talking about an even-keeled, history laden knowledgeable Packer fan who can give an honest opinion from a fan's perspective. Because let's be honest, it's OUR league.
It really ****** me off that it's up to the players and the owners. Those guys don't have sheet without us. It's been said before Billionaires vrs Millionaires. But nobody there at all is representing the family that puts the dollars down. It's like Disney with all their "family" attractions asking for $8 for a hamburger. Pure BS.
My perspective of the NFL is it's a fan's league. That's how it's become number 1 over baseball. So in line with that, shouldn't the fans have a say?
We keep hearing thoughts on player safety and so on, but let's be real. It's all about us. If you don't field good merchandise we're angry. I suppose it's all moot considering we're Packers fans. Being a fan of the greatest organisation in the history of the league is easy. But it's not fair to the Cleveland and Detroit fans.
In short, I think it's seriously wrong to fight about dollars without a representative of the source of those dollars. And think of this. Every single fan in the NFL will shoot the 18 game full of holes. Does ANY
BODY except the owners think this is a good idea?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
How do the same people call the Packers World Champions, yet be adamantly opposed to any game played internationally and then mention it is called the National Football League. Keyword National. You cannot have it both ways.....
Sure you can. There are no other teams internationally are there? So being the only national football country it's easy to see a National Football League. It's not a World Football League is it?
Do you suggest there's a European or international squad that can beat any NFL team? I didn't think so. Like I said before, if you wanna see American football, get on a plane and come see a game. You can buy tickets for any game, they just vary in price.
For the love of God, please tell me why a Packer fan who's followed the team for years should have to save up money to travel internationally to see them play EVER! There would be no NFL if not for the die-hard fans of the midwest USA.
You're barking up the wrong tree PackWBB

Members online

Latest posts