Would you still go to a game?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your not a season ticket holder and someone offered you tickets to Lambeau this year and even though you had to pay for them, would you still go?

I feel most comfortable watching from home.
So even in a good year, I wouldn't go.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your not a season ticket holder and someone offered you tickets to Lambeau this year and even though you had to pay for them, would you still go?

I feel most comfortable watching from home.
So even in a good year, I wouldn't go.
. Yes. I too enjoy watching most games from home... but the experience at The stadium is worth taking the opportunity to go when possible.

Reaction score
Although there is the advantage of the modern comforts of watching the game at home (instantly replay, no bathroom lines, cozy lazy boys etc..) I still think experiencing a live game is more fun and the late morning bloody Mary's and the parking lot energy is fun also, so my answer is yes

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't feel like I'm going to get my monies worth when the odds of them are losing are greater than them winning.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't feel like I'm going to get my monies worth when the odds of them are losing are greater than them winning.
Despite the fact that Lombardi would disagree with me... winning isn't the only positive experience you get at Lambeau Field.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I would provided they are good seats. No endzoners and provided they're face value ... and provided my son goes so he can drive...and provided it's a noon kickoff...and the sun is out...and it's not windy...provided there isn't a drunken fool behind me trying to explain the blocking patterns on a draw play to his equally drunk wife/girlfriend/significant other...provided the drunk lady doesn't start running her hand up and down my thigh with her HUGE husband sitting next to her...if there isn't a young girl with an old guy doing a bump and grind in front of me, I'd go... Oh yeah, no cheesehead wearers blocking my view ... Hmmmm...nah...I'll watch from home. Thanks anyway.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would provided they are good seats. No endzoners and provided they're face value ... and provided my son goes so he can drive...and provided it's a noon kickoff...and the sun is out...and it's not windy...provided there isn't a drunken fool behind me trying to explain the blocking patterns on a draw play to his equally drunk wife/girlfriend/significant other...provided the drunk lady doesn't start running her hand up and down my thigh with her HUGE husband sitting next to her...if there isn't a young girl with an old guy doing a bump and grind in front of me, I'd go... Oh yeah, no cheesehead wearers blocking my view ... Hmmmm...nah...I'll watch from home. Thanks anyway.
You left out the money spent and the hassle of parking, the hard steel bench seats with no backs, and the ridiculous high mark up of stadium eats and drinks.
Just one cup of cheap mass produced beer costs more than a six pack of the same beer.

It's funny how those who will not hesitate to throw all this money at a game will claim they are broke when someone comes knocking on the door looking for money to help save the environment or some other worthy cause or something more important than football.

Sky King

Reaction score

You left out the money spent and the hassle of parking, the hard steel bench seats with no backs, and the ridiculous high mark up of stadium eats and drinks.
Just one cup of cheap mass produced beer costs more than a six pack of the same beer.

It's funny how those who will not hesitate to throw all this money at a game will claim they are broke when someone comes knocking on the door looking for money to help save the environment or some other worthy cause or something more important than football.

You left out some items from the per game checklist that apply to us ex-pats:
  • Airline tickets (2 because the Mrs. wants to see all the pretty Autumn leaves)
  • Visits with her relatives
  • Hotel room within 40 miles of the stadium, if possible
  • Car rental (Always seem to have Illinois license plates on them)
  • Dry cleaning (Due to the drunk behind us spilling half his beers)
  • Inability to record and later fast-forward through all the commercial breaks and studio babble

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since you specifically said this year I would have to say no. If the vikings game were at a later time I might consider it. I would much rather see a late game in person than a noon one because it gives me much more of an opportunity to tailgate and interact with the fans. However that vikings game is on Dec 24 and I've been to late December games at Lambeau and because of the cold they were not much fun.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to go to all home games including games played in Milwaukee ans pre season games.
Over the years,as I aged, I cut down on the number of games I attended.
Not because of the cost or travel ( I live 3 hours north of Lambeau), but because of the weather.
The last "winter game I went to was a few years ago against the Lions.
I was so cold, wet and miserable by the end of the game that I vowed to never attend another winter game.
If it's played after October, I won't be there.

Bama Packer fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm driving up from Alabama this weekend for the Texans game. Life long packers fan and this is a bucket list item. Just seeing the history and stadium will be awesome. Any suggestions on where to go and what to do would be helpful. Will have Friday and Saturday to kick around. Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 6794

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much negativity. The word fan is loosely used around here. Are we only fans when they win? Do we only support our kids if they win that soccer game? I understand that some people aren't really that big of football fans, and only a fan of the team. However, I would assume that those folks don't usually participate in forums if they are casual fans.

Lambeau is an amazing place to watch football. Two of my favorite games to watch at Lambeau were losses: the 2007 championship loss to NY and a loss to Seattle during the Ray Rhodes era. Both were fun for their own reasons, but it is just fun to be at Lambeau and to watch football. It was hard to go to games in the 80s but still a treat.

I've supported a terrible Minnesota Gopher football team for years as a season ticket holder despite watching them lose consistently. I've also made the trek to Camp Randall almost every year to see them lose. I also used to have season tickets to the Vikings back when they were terrible. I don't think that this makes me anything special. It just means that I enjoy watching football games, and it doesn't alter my experience so dramatically if my team wins or loses.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also struggling to understand this baseless claim. Have you seen people do this so now all fans who pay to go to Lambeau aren't generous otherwise? That's a gross stereotype based on nothing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Easy answer for me, "Yes!". Easy answer for a friend of mine, "No". I just bought 2 tickets to the Seahawks game from a friend who is a season ticket holder and has fallen into the "mehh, got better ways to spend a Sunday". I will be taking my aging Father, who despite being a diehard Packer fan, has not been to Lambeau in over 50 years. Sadly, due to failing health, this will probably be his last trip there. Sure I want to see the Packers beat the Seahawks, but for me and my father, it will be a lifetime memory that we wouldn't get sitting at home.

Last edited:

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I am not even sure what else to say to this thread. Threads like these are disappointing. There is a name they give to those fans who are only fans when their team is winning. My guess is OP, you were not a pre-Favre Packer fan, either by age or choice. A subpar season (which could be 8-8 or better), oh the problems of a Favre/Rodgers era Packer fan.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to the game is enjoyable. Watching the game at home is enjoyable. I went to every home game for more than five years during some of the worst the Packers had to offer. The party atmosphere and the communal misery after the games was fun. I didn't have tickets when the team started winning, so I don't know what that was like.
If you get a chance to go, do so.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Although there is the advantage of the modern comforts of watching the game at home (instantly replay, no bathroom lines, cozy lazy boys etc..) I still think experiencing a live game is more fun and the late morning bloody Mary's and the parking lot energy is fun also, so my answer is yes
Late morning? ;)

Gabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I would go. It would still be a cool experience getting to see them play

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much negativity. The word fan is loosely used around here. Are we only fans when they win? Do we only support our kids if they win that soccer game? I understand that some people aren't really that big of football fans, and only a fan of the team. However, I would assume that those folks don't usually participate in forums if they are casual fans.

Lambeau is an amazing place to watch football. Two of my favorite games to watch at Lambeau were losses: the 2007 championship loss to NY and a loss to Seattle during the Ray Rhodes era. Both were fun for their own reasons, but it is just fun to be at Lambeau and to watch football. It was hard to go to games in the 80s but still a treat.

I've supported a terrible Minnesota Gopher football team for years as a season ticket holder despite watching them lose consistently. I've also made the trek to Camp Randall almost every year to see them lose. I also used to have season tickets to the Vikings back when they were terrible. I don't think that this makes me anything special. It just means that I enjoy watching football games, and it doesn't alter my experience so dramatically if my team wins or loses.

A fan, IMO, is a person who follows the Pack and wants the team to win. If elements of the organization aren't performing well, we become fans with negativity. The people I think you're referring to are those that would change allegiance, based on the record and performance. The fact that I and the others are here, bemoaning the current situation confirms that we are, indeed, Packer fans. I *****ed for 2 1/2 decades after SBII, but I never turned to the Steelers, Cowboys, 49ers, or Patriots as my team.

Your soccer comment is also one I use often, in a manner 180 degrees out from yours. I would support my grandkid's teams and attend their games because he would know and care if I didn't. There is nobody in the whole Packers organization who knows or cares that I'm alive, much less whether I unconditionally support their millionaires.

Finally, many of us really do find the results of a game to affect our appreciation of it. I'd never even considered a position as stated in your last sentence, but if that's how you view sports, more power to you. Just please don't try to define other people's 'fandom' by it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Can you guys criticizing others for negativity be serious ??? With the exception of maybe two posters, nobody has said they would not go to a Packers game. By your opinion, we are bad fans for being disappointed in the teams performances lately ? We are disappointed because we actually care about the team !!

D

Deleted member 6794

There's absolutely no doubt I would attend a game at Lambeau this season. It's possible the Packers don't want to see me there though as the team is 0-4 (0-3 at home) with me in the stands.

Members online

Latest posts