1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you make a play for Moss?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    He is a waste of time. Let's get some young receivers on this team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +858
    You have to beg, plead and grovel to the admins and maybe, just maybe one of them will do it for you. But I am not sure on the rules here at this forum on that issue.

3. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    When you're a 36 year-old, lazy SOB, it's not a "down year" its CURTAINS.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    unless you can still run a sub 4.3 40 yard dash.

5. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And he can't.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    The time between next season and when randy moss was last good is an eternity in the nfl. Woodson is a shell of himself compared to 2009.

Just bc a player is a big name doesn't mean they will have a big impact. The risk reward with moss just outweighs any reason to bring him in at this point. This isn't Oakland raiders moss. This is my career is over and I came out of retirement already moss. Pats were done with him, Minnesota dumped him. Then the titans. The management on these teams realized randy is done and anything he has to contribute isn't worth what he could do to a team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I am already looking forward to revisiting this thread next season.

Should everyone include how they like their crow prepared in their post?

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If we were dumb enough to take a look at Moss, we might as well look at Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco/Johnson......all 3 would be about as productive. (im joking people)

9. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    If someone gets cut that quickly by the Titans then we shouldn't consider them haha

10. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    What if I changed my name to RaptormansLongCatch?

11. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +858
    Not being a mod, I couldn't tell you. People would think you are a Vikings fan however. You may want to stay away from that one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    Simply put, if you want the Packers to sign Moss, and you think its a good idea, and you think he is still a star...
    then follow another team. May I suggest the Redskins? They love washed-up players. Or the Vikings perhaps.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,501
    Locker-room side, he's pretty much been a cancer everywhere he's gone in the last 8 year, besides New England. He also just declared himself the best receiver of all time. We rely strongly on good clubhouse chemistry with solid leaders and no distractions. Chemistry means more in the NFL. It isn't like baseball which is mostly just individual performances with a few exceptions. In the NFL, you need to be on the same page and wavelength with the other 10 guys on the field. There's a reason the Eagles have been so terrible the last 2 years. It isn't because they lack talent.

Production-side, he hasn't caught more than 28 balls since he was 32. He's going to be 36. His 28 last year were the most since then, and we have 5 guys who caught more than that. He isn't going to get the ball thrown his way or be a standout here, and he doesn't have sub 4.3 speed anymore at 36 to be a reliable deep threat.

So to sum it up, he's an a-hole distraction who probably won't mesh well with Rodgers with his work ethic, he gives up on plays, hasn't played well in 4 years and is at the age where he isn't going to suddenly get better. Why are we talking about signing him?

14. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    Nah... no Moss ... the Pack do not need a wide-receiver 'head case' that is so prevalent in the NFL. I like our guys. They're intelligent and can piece a coherent sentence together. Moss has never impressed me as being anything other than a guy who will play when he damned-well wants to. I've used the term before in referring to some other head-case ... but Moss would be a 22 caliber brain in a 357 Magnum offense.

• Funny Funny x 1