Would you make a play for Moss?

M

mayo44

While I have said earlier I always liked Randy Moss as a player, I have to disagree that I`d choose him over Jordy Nelson. I think he would be a USEFUL short term acquisition, I WOULDN`T pick him now OVER a younger fitter talented wide reciever like Nelson. Just my opinion of course.
Randy Moss is NOT the spawn of the devil though !!!

No, he's just an overgrown child who thinks he's he can still play football.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't forgive and forget to easily especially for juvenile **** like that. Don't get me wrong he was a great and smart receiver, but to me he is just a **** leopard that can't change his spots.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Of all bad ideas that will posted here this off season, even though it's early, IMO this will be in the running for the worst. Even if you think it'd be a great idea to sign a vet WR (in spite of Thompson and staff's success drafting WRs) the self-proclaimed best WR in the history of the league shouldn't be that guy.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don't forgive and forget to easily especially for juvenile **** like that. Don't get me wrong he was a great and smart receiver, but to me he is just a **** leopard that can't change his spots.

Just a question here, but if you were in his position getting berated throughout the game, would you have reacted differently ??
We have two teams here in England, Manchester United and Liverpool. Wayne Rooney was born in Liverpool and originally played for Everton who are also from Liverpool and arch rivals of Liverpool. All through the game the Liverpool fans insulted Rooney and quite badly too. He scored the winning goal with about two minutes to go. He ran to the Liverpool fans who he had just silenced and held his hand to his ears !!! My own Father critisized him for doing it....I just thought fair play mate. As Al Micheals says "There is your dagger !"

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Just a question here, but if you were in his position getting berated throughout the game, would you have reacted differently ??
We have two teams here in England, Manchester United and Liverpool. Wayne Rooney was born in Liverpool and originally played for Everton who are also from Liverpool and arch rivals of Liverpool. All through the game the Liverpool fans insulted Rooney and quite badly too. He scored the winning goal with about two minutes to go. He ran to the Liverpool fans who he had just silenced and held his hand to his ears !!! My own Father critisized him for doing it....I just thought fair play mate. As Al Micheals says "There is your dagger !"
We were just as upset over this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

Well you`re a better person than Mr Moss and I am then. I know I would have. Sorry

I

Didn't he gesture that towards our sidelines too?

My point is its just a thing done in the heat of battle !! He hasn`t spat in somebodies face or killed anyone. A stupid spur of the moment reaction which happened some years ago. We need to get over it IMHO

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
My point is its just a thing done in the heat of battle !! He hasn`t spat in somebodies face or killed anyone. A stupid spur of the moment reaction which happened some years ago. We need to get over it IMHO
They're the professionals, they're the ones who need to get over it. It's part of the pay.

I

My bad obviously. I`ll always be a fan of the team, but I guess I see things differently :tup:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That's that "across the pond, hooligan football" mentality breaking out lol ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a big bodied Wide Receiver to compliment our speedsters... maybe not Moss but someone like Plaxico would be nice especially if signed for the vet minimum... IMO

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The feigned mooning incident did not bother me, not a bit.

But there is really no reason to sign him at this point. I doubt he would even make the final roster. He is currently an average to below average receiver, and there is no reason to think he should improve next year, but it is likely he will regress another step. He is not a team guy, never has been, never will be. He has matured significantly in the last few years, but he still lags in that area.

In the run-up to the superbowl when he was with the Patriots he asked to speak to the team. What did he bring up? His contract extension. Real nice to cause a distraction when you are gearing up for the biggest game of your career.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the sense of the phrase "deep threat" a receiver that catches a 5 yard out and takes it another 15 yards for a 20 YPC average wouldn't be considered a deep threat. That's just my thinking, could be right or wrong.

I agree with you. I just can't think of another statistic that measures/defines a receiver being a "deep threat".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts