Would you make a play for Moss?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Would you try to work out a 1-2 year deal with Moss? We don't really have a true deep threat receiver and with Jennings gone and Moss a FA we could probably sign him for a reasonable price and avoid having to spend a draft pick on a receiver.

Inb4 Moss is old, has lost a step, isn't the same, bad lockeroom guy, jerk, *******, I'm mad because he mocked mooning us like 15 years ago incoming responses

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would. give him the Vets minimum why not? He can still run and even tho he's not Randy Moss of the old days the safties still play way back when he's on the field. Besides with Jennings likely out we could us his deep threat ability. With a guy like Rodgers at qb Moss could be really useful.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks. I would rather put our efforts in that position towards developing a younger guy that will get better and grow as an impact player.

I'd like to redo the 98 tho and take him over Vonnie Holiday

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He looked average at best the whole season.

BTW, Jennings isn't the deep threat of the team. Jordy Nelson is the deep man on the team.

Reaction score
Could only imagine how physical our team would become with Him and Tramon as our "Leaders" - the big time physical practice sessions between those two ... smh.
No thanks, I'd rather we just let Ted draft another All Pro receiver.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
BTW, Jennings isn't the deep threat of the team. Jordy Nelson is the deep man on the team.

Look at his QB's though. His first year with an elite QB he shattered records. I never said Jennings was our deep threat and Jordy isn't really either, despite his height. We don't have a receiver that can stretch a defense.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at his QB's though. His first year with an elite QB he shattered records. I never said Jennings was our deep threat and Jordy isn't really either, despite his height. We don't have a receiver that can stretch a defense.

Jordy Nelson was the #17 receiver in the entire NFL with 15.2 yards per catch in 2012. Jordy Nelson was the #5 receiver in the entire NFL with 18.6 yards per catch in 2011. Nelson is a deep threat. The numbers prove it.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am glad you said this, a lot of people think jennings is the deep threat. Jordy and JJ are both more of a deep threat than jennings.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson was the #17 receiver in the entire NFL with 15.2 yards per catch in 2012. Jordy Nelson was the #5 receiver in the entire NFL with 18.6 yards per catch in 2011. Nelson is a deep threat. The numbers prove it.

while yards per catch doesn't say if someone is a deep threat or not (YAC plays a role) I agree that Jordy appeared to be more of a deep threat than jennings.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while yards per catch doesn't say if someone is a deep threat or not (YAC plays a role) I agree that Jordy appeared to be more of a deep threat than jennings.

Yards per catch would be the best statistical indicator of "what is a deep threat". While YAC would increase the average yards per catch of a receiver, I can't think of another statistic that would better represent a "deep threat". I don't think "yards per attempt" is kept for receivers the same way as quarterbacks.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. I'm not even sure Rodgers would like him as a receiver that much. The guy has dogged it his whole career and would be 36 come next year. He still takes way to many plays off and runs poor routes. It would only take one throw deep to Moss from Rodgers on which he quit on for Rodgers not to throw him the ball again for the rest of the game and then we'd have a Rodgers-Moss feud.

We had Donald Driver who we could of brought back next year at 38 if we wanted him. If we release (and force retirement) on an all time Packer like Driver at 38, but then go out and sign a 36 year old at the same position I think that would set an extremely bad precedent.

He's dogged it every place he's been in his career. Including last night on the throw where Kaepernick threw it over his head and Moss didn't even attempt to jump for it. At age 36 his risk/reward has tipped the wrong way.

M

mayo44

Would you try to work out a 1-2 year deal with Moss? We don't really have a true deep threat receiver and with Jennings gone and Moss a FA we could probably sign him for a reasonable price and avoid having to spend a draft pick on a receiver.

Inb4 Moss is old, has lost a step, isn't the same, bad lockeroom guy, jerk, *******, I'm mad because he mocked mooning us like 15 years ago incoming responses

No way in hell. He's worthless. He had 28 catches for SF this year. He's washed up and only unretired to tag along for the ride to what he thought was going to be SB ring without having to earn it. Screw him.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yards per catch would be the best statistical indicator of "what is a deep threat". While YAC would increase the average yards per catch of a receiver, I can't think of another statistic that would better represent a "deep threat". I don't think "yards per attempt" is kept for receivers the same way as quarterbacks.

Jordy is somewhat of a deep threat but he's no Randy Moss. If you get a guy like Randy Moss it can only make thing's easier for guy's like Finley and Cobb who do most of their magic underneath. You eliminate at least one safety hanging around in the middle of the field when Randy Moss is on the field. I'd sign him just for that reason. He improves the run game as well keeping those safties 25-30 yards off the ball.

M

mayo44

Jordy is somewhat of a deep threat but he's no Randy Moss. If you get a guy like Randy Moss it can only make thing's easier for guy's like Finley and Cobb who do most of their magic underneath. You eliminate at least one safety hanging around in the middle of the field when Randy Moss is on the field. I'd sign him just for that reason. He improves the run game as well keeping those safties 25-30 yards off the ball.

It's 2013, not 2003. Moss is worthless. This past season proves it. He did virtually nothing to make the 49ers a better team. He was pretty much a non-factor in nearly every game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's 2013, not 2003. Moss is worthless. This past season proves it. He did virtually nothing to make the 49ers a better team. He was pretty much a non-factor in nearly every game.

That's because Kap is in love with Crabtree and Davis... i do recall Randy Moss running by the safety twice (ed Reed) in yesterdays game and Kap didn't even look his way. Can't compare Moss and Driver tho, one is a future HOF and one is a future Packers HOF. Driver is one of the nicest players to ever play the game and Moss is one of the most feared.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are we building a team machine and getting the 2007 version of Randy Moss? I don't think teams really "fear" him anymore.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy, how would you like to be paid? - Ted Thompon

Straight cash hommie

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No way in hell. He's worthless. He had 28 catches for SF this year. He's washed up and only unretired to tag along for the ride to what he thought was going to be SB ring without having to earn it. Screw him.

Are we building a team machine and getting the 2007 version of Randy Moss? I don't think teams really "fear" him anymore.

If you were on a team trying to catch passes from a 1st round bust and a run option QB, your numbers would suck too. The niners are a run first team. No matter how you spin it. Randy's numbers aren't going to be astronomical, so how can you say when he has these QB's that he's has nothing left. We've seen what he's done when he had an elite QB throwing him the ball.

Because he doesn't put up big numbers doesn't mean he's a non-factor.

And teams don't fear him anymore? Oh yeah that's why we doubled up on him the entire game in the div round. That's why the Ravens did the same thing.

**** Derp

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you were on a team trying to catch passes from a 1st round bust and a run option QB, your numbers would suck too. The niners are a run first team. No matter how you spin it. Randy's numbers aren't going to be astronomical, so how can you say when he has these QB's that he's has nothing left. We've seen what he's done when he had an elite QB throwing him the ball.

Because he doesn't put up big numbers doesn't mean he's a non-factor.

And teams don't fear him anymore? Oh yeah that's why we doubled up on him the entire game in the div round. That's why the Ravens did the same thing.

**** Derp

WOW :alien:

Members online

Latest posts