Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to recall a lot of people being very concerned about that.

Not concerned about it was a bad choice of words on my part. But not many felt like it was a deal breaker.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would absolutely not give up a first rounder. A second, sure. But someone else will offer their first rounder for him or a high 2. He will probably end up in San Fran.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 12th overall pick for a 31 year old, expensive malcontent? That's absurd.

A very apt description but I was never under the impression he was that way prior to this season. Well he wasn't 31 years old prior to this season but he was expensive so maybe its the malcontent that struck me as out of place here. Maybe he doesn't play well when others are stealing his Ju Ju.

On a side note am I the only one who thinks "surd" should be the opposite of "absurd"? As in "if you think that idea is absurd pray tell give me an example of and idea you would consider more surd"

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not concerned about it was a bad choice of words on my part. But not many felt like it was a deal breaker.

Fair enough but I for one felt the money he would command was more of a deal breaker than the draft picks it would have taken to get him. That was mainly because I knew Rodgers was in for a huge payday though and I didn't (and still don't) think you can have the highest paid offensive and defensive player and remain competitive.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A very apt description but I was never under the impression he was that way prior to this season. Well he wasn't 31 years old prior to this season but he was expensive so maybe its the malcontent that struck me as out of place here. Maybe he doesn't play well when others are stealing his Ju Ju.

On a side note am I the only one who thinks "surd" should be the opposite of "absurd"? As in "if you think that idea is absurd pray tell give me an example of and idea you would consider more surd"

His diva behavior goes back further than this.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gutekunst definitely needs to improve the offense during the offseason as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, it is his job to improve every aspect of the football team. However, trading the #12 pick for AB is not the answer.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, yes, it is his job to improve every aspect of the football team. However, trading the #12 pick for AB is not the answer.

True, I clearly stated that I'm not in favor of trading for Brown.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think a quick, short and fast slot receiver who could also return punts would be an incredible addition and give Rodgers a lot more options and be hell for the defense. Cobb never really fit in that role or the game plan did not give him the opportunity. Not sure he was quick enough.

Enter Marquise Brown with our second 1st rounder.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I posted this earlier today in another thread, unaware that this thread existed, but a big "no" from me, especially after what happened this week as well as his former teammate Ryan Clark's "damnation" of the guy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOOOO, at his age, maybe a 3rd. We need O line with the first pick, TE with the 2nd, FA pass rusher. I'm not convinced our young receiver's are that bad and a TE who can catch would make a difference. I really want Hockenson since I text or talk to his dad all the time I'm prejudice on that one :)

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After what I have read and heard on NFL Radio,I do not want him. AND with all the turmoil surrounding players on this team,Bell and Brown and previous players,I would not want Tomlin as head coach either.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Don't take this to heart you guys, I'm doing this because everyone is against this so I figured, let's make an argument for the guy. Okay here we go.

Alright question for you all. Who in the draft do you believe is better than Antonio Brown? Because should we choose not to trade we're basically saying that we believe this individual in the draft is better than Antonio. Need I remind you that AB is arguably the best receiver in the NFL. When has Rodgers ever had such a weapon? We just finished crucifying Thompson for sticking with his draft and develop players and NOW you guys don't want to take a splurge in regards to adding a lethal weapon such as AB? Forget that he's 31, look at his level of play on the field. You don't think having that kind of weapon would do wonders for Arodg? Him on one side and Devante on the other, pick your poison! And then let's talk about his "character" issues and whatnot. Imo that falls on the coaching, and as much as I love Tomlin that speaks failure on his part as the coach for innovating this. Plus looking at The Steelers (I'd recommend you all look up Days of our Steelers), the entire place is toxic. From players calling out teammates, to stealing their shoes. Maybe it's better for AB to leave there. And let's not act like Big Ben is a freaking model citizen either, especially considering how he likes to throw people under the bus for his **** poor play and bone headed decisions.

Maybe a fresh new scenery will do him some good. There's really nothing to do in GB that I think will warrant him getting into trouble I don't think. But his character is a problem right? I seem to recall that a 33-34 year old Charles Woodson joining The Packers squad, and initially he wasn't the best person that got along with everyone. Matter fact he didn't want to be here and got into with the coaches. And yet he proved to be a vital player during our run towards the SB and a beloved member to The Packers organization. Let's not pretend that people can't change, so let's get off our holier than thou high horses shall we? The ONE thing that I can understand that would give people cause to pause, is the money, but if i'm not mistaken Pittsburgh will end up paying most of that money. I could be wrong, but still.

Understand people Rodgers is getting up there in age and he isn't getting any younger, we've been complaining how this organization has been wasting years of his prime, and now a game changing weapon that could help us offensively and we don't want it b/c of baggage? That's where the coaching comes into play. That's where leadership comes into play. I see this as an opportunity for The Packer organization to show that we're not a fragile organization like The Steelers, that we're built on strong leadership, and players can change for the better. I believe in second chances, especially when their level of production on the fields warrants it. This dude is gonna give you everything he's got, and that's all anyone can ask for. His baggage? That's something I think that can be fixed with the right coaching and leadership. You think AB is going to behave the same way he did in Pittsburgh now that he's under fire?

The Packers have holes, and I get it, but let's also not forget that this team was plagued with injuries, specifically on the defensive side. In this day in age, with how the game is being played there is no dominant defense every single week. The best we can do is have a defense on any given week that they can play well, to give the offense a chance to win, and prior to the injuries, we weren't doing half bad. If you don't want to give up a first rounder for him, fine, but you have better DAMN WELL be certain whoever we pick is a bonafide playmaker that will pan out immediately. We don't have that long especially considering Rodgers is getting up there in age. And considering how we've been hit or miss in the draft with these first picks. I hope you guys think real hard as to who can come in and make a difference. Shoot if anything our lower draft picks end up being more promising than our firsts.

We're at the endgame ladies and gentlemen. Those who take a roll of the dice typically ends up rewarded. Don't believe me, look at Chicago after that Khalil Mack Trade, and how he changed the culture there. Now we'll have to deal with him for X years. Think hard people. Time is running out.

*Phew* That was fun! :laugh:

Okay! Sorry about that you guys. I just wanted to play devil's advocate and offer some different perspective. Now personally if it were me, I'm not sure. There are pros and cons, but the question is does the Pros outweigh the cons.

*Edit: I know I am gonna get so much hell for this! Go easy on me fellas! :laugh:

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
3 years for about $39m. $15m year one, around $12m years two and three. Going rate for top tier WR. Get him for a 3rd or 2nd, I'd jump. Even for the NO 1st rounder as we aren't getting another WR that good with it. I doubt it will happen. Locker room cancers sometimes are worth the risk. He can be cut without dead cap anytime before week 1. If you insist, build in some type of draft pick returned if he flames out.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Don't take this to heart you guys, I'm doing this because everyone is against this so I figured, let's make an argument for the guy. Okay here we go.

Alright question for you all. Who in the draft do you believe is better than Antonio Brown? Because should we choose not to trade we're basically saying that we believe this individual in the draft is better than Antonio. Need I remind you that AB is arguably the best receiver in the NFL. When has Rodgers ever had such a weapon? We just finished crucifying Thompson for sticking with his draft and develop players and NOW you guys don't want to take a splurge in regards to adding a lethal weapon such as AB? Forget that he's 31, look at his level of play on the field. You don't think having that kind of weapon would do wonders for Arodg? Him on one side and Devante on the other, pick your poison! And then let's talk about his "character" issues and whatnot. Imo that falls on the coaching, and as much as I love Tomlin that speaks failure on his part as the coach for innovating this. Plus looking at The Steelers (I'd recommend you all look up Days of our Steelers), the entire place is toxic. From players calling out teammates, to stealing their shoes. Maybe it's better for AB to leave there. And let's not act like Big Ben is a freaking model citizen either, especially considering how he likes to throw people under the bus for his **** poor play and bone headed decisions.

Maybe a fresh new scenery will do him some good. There's really nothing to do in GB that I think will warrant him getting into trouble I don't think. But his character is a problem right? I seem to recall that a 33-34 year old Charles Woodson joining The Packers squad, and initially he wasn't the best person that got along with everyone. Matter fact he didn't want to be here and got into with the coaches. And yet he proved to be a vital player during our run towards the SB and a beloved member to The Packers organization. Let's not pretend that people can't change, so let's get off our holier than thou high horses shall we? The ONE thing that I can understand that would give people cause to pause, is the money, but if i'm not mistaken Pittsburgh will end up paying most of that money. I could be wrong, but still.

Understand people Rodgers is getting up there in age and he isn't getting any younger, we've been complaining how this organization has been wasting years of his prime, and now a game changing weapon that could help us offensively and we don't want it b/c of baggage? That's where the coaching comes into play. That's where leadership comes into play. I see this as an opportunity for The Packer organization to show that we're not a fragile organization like The Steelers, that we're built on strong leadership, and players can change for the better. I believe in second chances, especially when their level of production on the fields warrants it. This dude is gonna give you everything he's got, and that's all anyone can ask for. His baggage? That's something I think that can be fixed with the right coaching and leadership. You think AB is going to behave the same way he did in Pittsburgh now that he's under fire?

The Packers have holes, and I get it, but let's also not forget that this team was plagued with injuries, specifically on the defensive side. In this day in age, with how the game is being played there is no dominant defense every single week. The best we can do is have a defense on any given week that they can play well, to give the offense a chance to win, and prior to the injuries, we weren't doing half bad. If you don't want to give up a first rounder for him, fine, but you have better DAMN WELL be certain whoever we pick is a bonafide playmaker that will pan out immediately. We don't have that long especially considering Rodgers is getting up there in age. And considering how we've been hit or miss in the draft with these first picks. I hope you guys think real hard as to who can come in and make a difference. Shoot if anything our lower draft picks end up being more promising than our firsts.

We're at the endgame ladies and gentlemen. Those who take a roll of the dice typically ends up rewarded. Don't believe me, look at Chicago after that Khalil Mack Trade, and how he changed the culture there. Now we'll have to deal with him for X years. Think hard people. Time is running out.

*Phew* That was fun! :laugh:

Okay! Sorry about that you guys. I just wanted to play devil's advocate and offer some different perspective. Now personally if it were me, I'm not sure. There are pros and cons, but the question is does the Pros outweigh the cons.

*Edit: I know I am gonna get so much hell for this! Go easy on me fellas! :laugh:
I advocated for bringing him in on a 2 year I remember watching him in college had classes near him during senior year at CMU dude was still Hollywood but him and Adams... Watch out...

Reaction score
No. He’s on the decline and he’s a pre Madonna. Too much risk from too many angles.
If we make a major investment like that Id like it to be a disruptive pass rusher.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He’s on the decline and he’s a pre Madonna. Too much risk from too many angles.
If we make a major investment like that it has to be a premier, disruptive pass rusher.
You mean like we SHOULD'VE did with Khalil Mack?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With that contract nothing better than a 4th round pick. He's a me guy, not a we guy. Not only are we trying to add talent but we are trying to make sure this locker room isn't as toxic as it was this past season with players not listening to McCarthy. The Facebook Live stunt he pulled shows this guy does no respect for authority. He is one of the top reasons why the Steelers are as dysfunctional as they are. Find young guys that are hungry and ready to compete.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
NOOOO, at his age, maybe a 3rd. We need O line with the first pick, TE with the 2nd, FA pass rusher. I'm not convinced our young receiver's are that bad and a TE who can catch would make a difference. I really want Hockenson since I text or talk to his dad all the time I'm prejudice on that one :)
TJ Hockenson hasn't even declared yet, maybe you have inside information from his Dad on this? :unsure:

For those saying we should trade for Brown and saying he is better than anyone we can get with the draft pick(s) it costs to get him, of course he is, right now. However, he will cost a lot more, which means less cap space to use on others. That is just the money side, then you have to start thinking about what bringing a guy like AB into the Packer locker room does. Would he fit in with the attitude he seems to have? Guys like Randall and Dix didn't seem to.

I will take our chances on the current WR group, saving the money and the draft picks(s) as well as not take a chance on a "me first" guy ******** up the locker room.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t want this dude. He’s as SELFISH as they come. The Packers have a #1 wr who’s personality is the complete opposite. They do need a #2 but they can find that Guy elsewhere for a lot cheaper with less drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts