Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1st round picks are supposed to be 12 yr. players. Some of you want to trade that for brown, who may be an effective 3 yrs.? Don't get it. Maybe a third but not a 1st or 2nd.

What 12 year players other then Kenny Clark and maybe Jaire Alexander have the Packers gotten in the 1st round lately?

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure it was. Sounds like Brown had issues with players and coaches and decided to check out. Every other player probably has issues with someone on that team and still finds a way to put it aside when it’s time for the team. Brown won’t, can’t, and hasn’t in multiple occasions. I’m sure he earned his benching.

Idk I think the opposite is widely believed around the league. None other than jeerJ Rice has endorsed Brown and that's go
That's where I'm at with it. Pick # 32 for Brown.

Yeah that's an easy decision.

The problem is I don't think the Steelers will do it for that as it's highly likely they will be offered a higher 2019 1st than #32.

So I guess the question is what else are you willing to give up? I actually like the idea of swapping 1sts with the Steelers and also giving them a 4th rounder. That may be a more attractive offer to them than say pick #25.

Also AB has stated he wants to be traded to the San Francisco 49ers. And I think it's likely that interest is mutual.

I think our hope has to be somebody the Steelers really want is in the board at 12 and they are willing to swap 12 for 20 and a 4th. I guess I'm thinking back to the Matt hasselbach trade to the Seahawks I believe that was a swap of firsts and the Packers moved from #17 to #10. And that was for a starting qb. So maybe the move from #20 to #12 would be enough for the Steelers? That would be awesome as you still have #20 (850) and #32 (590) so you could theoretically move back up to 13 (1150) to get your guy if need be with #20 and #44 (460)

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather sign Humphries and keep our pick. Use it on o-line depth or more OLB depth. With Adams out though, we saw how ineffective our passing game can be. If he's injured we're dangerously thin there. Wouldn't be surprised if an early pick is used at WR as a result AND we get a free agent.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk I think the opposite is widely believed around the league. None other than jeerJ Rice has endorsed Brown and that's go

Yeah that's an easy decision.

The problem is I don't think the Steelers will do it for that as it's highly likely they will be offered a higher 2019 1st than #32.

So I guess the question is what else are you willing to give up? I actually like the idea of swapping 1sts with the Steelers and also giving them a 4th rounder. That may be a more attractive offer to them than say pick #25.

Also AB has stated he wants to be traded to the San Francisco 49ers. And I think it's likely that interest is mutual.

I think our hope has to be somebody the Steelers really want is in the board at 12 and they are willing to swap 12 for 20 and a 4th. I guess I'm thinking back to the Matt hasselbach trade to the Seahawks I believe that was a swap of firsts and the Packers moved from #17 to #10. And that was for a starting qb. So maybe the move from #20 to #12 would be enough for the Steelers? That would be awesome as you still have #20 (850) and #32 (590) so you could theoretically move back up to 13 (1150) to get your guy if need be with #20 and #44 (460)
? Opposite? They think his teammates quit on him? Either way, it takes a special type of player to walk away in the final week of the season with the playoffs in play. Whether he did it, or his entire team turned away from him, neither is anything I’m giving a 1st round pick for

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round picks are supposed to be 12 yr. players. Some of you want to trade that for brown, who may be an effective 3 yrs.? Don't get it. Maybe a third but not a 1st or 2nd.

Dude supposed to be is the key there. They have a much better chance of being out of the league in 4 years than they do of playing for you for 12. AB is way closer to a sure thing. Yeah it's gambling but me I'll take a bird in the hand over two in the bush

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dude supposed to be is the key there. They have a much better chance of being out of the league in 4 years than they do of playing for you for 12. AB is way closer to a sure thing. Yeah it's gambling but me I'll take a bird in the hand over two in the bush

I agree. With Rodgers being 35 and all our deficiencies on offense I don't see how we shouldn't be in play for a future HOF receiver.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. With Rodgers being 35 and all our deficiencies on offense I don't see how we shouldn't be in play for a future HOF receiver.

I reluctantly agree as well. What I don't want is for them to send #12. Also, he REALLY wants to play for San Francisco. So all this discussion may be for nothing.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off topic, Morgan Burnett just requested his release from The Steelers...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I reluctantly agree as well. What I don't want is for them to send #12. Also, he REALLY wants to play for San Francisco. So all this discussion may be for nothing.

The only tie in I've seen to San Fran is the tweet from Kittle and his reply. Do you have a link to anything where he says he wants to play for them.

Jerry Rice says he really wants to play there but who knows how that conversation went and who started it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Off topic, Morgan Burnett just requested his release from The Steelers...
I’d much rather get involved in that discussion. He may still cost too much for his value... but the Packers do need a safety and he always was a classy player.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d much rather get involved in that discussion. He may still cost too much for his value... but the Packers do need a safety and he always was a classy player.
I don't get why we released him. Was it due to his age?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

More due to the fact that he can't stay healthy and on the field which he demonstrated again in 2018.

Pass. Classy doesn't look good on the sidelines.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Brandon. Don't know why anybody would want Burnett back.

He wants to play safety, and he's just not a good safety anymore. Dudes legs are gone.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Brandon. Don't know why anybody would want Burnett back.

He wants to play safety, and he's just not a good safety anymore. Dudes legs are gone.
That may be true... I didn’t follow his year with the Steelers at all. He was hurt lot in his last year with the Packers. Prior to that he was a pretty good safety here. If he is done, I certainly wouldn’t want to throw more resources at him... Someone with more knowledge about his current abilities than me can make that determination.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
? Opposite? They think his teammates quit on him? Either way, it takes a special type of player to walk away in the final week of the season with the playoffs in play. Whether he did it, or his entire team turned away from him, neither is anything I’m giving a 1st round pick for

No I mean that a lot of the league doesn't view AB as the problem in Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure a lot of people believe its the Steelers quarterback who is the real locker room cancer in Pittsburgh

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only tie in I've seen to San Fran is the tweet from Kittle and his reply. Do you have a link to anything where he says he wants to play for them.

Jerry Rice says he really wants to play there but who knows how that conversation went and who started it.

Antonio Brown and Rice are apparently friends and Rice was paraphrasing a recent conversation he had with brown. According to rice Brown plans to work out with him this off season and really wants to be a 49er. The vibe I got is brown views rice as his idol and wants to play for the team he did. That article is not hard to find I just saw it pop up on Google

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I mean that a lot of the league doesn't view AB as the problem in Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure a lot of people believe its the Steelers quarterback who is the real locker room cancer in Pittsburgh
Maybe, but then every other player found a way to be there for each other, Brown decided to take the last week off. You don't do that to your teammates.

anyway, Brady is going to the Super Bowl with who at WR? Julian someone or other? and here we are talking about giving up high draft picks for a guy that will turn his back on you in a heartbeat. It's time for Rodgers to earn his money. We shouldn't need Adams, 1st round WR and trade other 1st round pick for a 2 year at best rental of AB to have a highly functioning offense. If we do, we paid the wrong guy. and Besides, who cares, it's hard to get more wide open the Cobb or MSV those last couple weeks and the ball still wasn't delivered to them. AB can be overthrown too.

This team has a lot of work to do, AB doesn't need to be any part of it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok let's forget the #12 pick for Brown. That to me is out of the question. What about the Saints #1 pick?

No, the Packers shouldn't offer to trade the 30th pick for Brown either.

Nick Perry hasn't played a game since he signed his contract new contract. Much rather gamble with Brown.

Perry has played in 21 games since signing his new contract in the 2017 offseason. He never quit on his teammates like Brown though.

Burnett left in free agency, he wasn't released by the Packers.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe, but then every other player found a way to be there for each other, Brown decided to take the last week off. You don't do that to your teammates.

anyway, Brady is going to the Super Bowl with who at WR? Julian someone or other? and here we are talking about giving up high draft picks for a guy that will turn his back on you in a heartbeat. It's time for Rodgers to earn his money. We shouldn't need Adams, 1st round WR and trade other 1st round pick for a 2 year at best rental of AB to have a highly functioning offense. If we do, we paid the wrong guy. and Besides, who cares, it's hard to get more wide open the Cobb or MSV those last couple weeks and the ball still wasn't delivered to them. AB can be overthrown too.

This team has a lot of work to do, AB doesn't need to be any part of it.

I agree the Packers don't need Antonio Brown but I'm just saying I'm not out right against aquiring him just because of whatever went on in Pittsburgh.

Now I think it's far more likely the Packers make the 12th and 30th picks than gute working out a trade for Brown. But as long as it's just the 30th pick that's probably worth Brown for 3 years 39 million. Obviously who knows what would happen but if the Packers win a super bowl in one of those 3 years with brown being a big part of it, was it worth it?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antonio Brown and Rice are apparently friends and Rice was paraphrasing a recent conversation he had with brown. According to rice Brown plans to work out with him this off season and really wants to be a 49er. The vibe I got is brown views rice as his idol and wants to play for the team he did. That article is not hard to find I just saw it pop up on Google

Also he followed a bunch of 49er players on twitter shortly after de-following his Steeler teammates.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Articles saying Brown really wants to play for the 49ers are all over the place. Articles where Brown says he really wants to play for the Steelers or where he indicates even maybe just a little bit that he wants to play for them...not so much. Oh wait, he followed them on Twitter...I guess that seals it.

I get it that players are not likely to come out and say such things as they don't want their comments to affect their options but what I think Antonio Brown really wants most is out of Pittsburgh.

My conspiracy theory alter ego says that the whole thing with Bell and Brown and Burnett and everything that seems to be falling apart in Pittsburgh was manufactured by someone to complete the Steelers implosion driving Tomlin out so he can be replaced with hometown boy Mike McCarthy after the Steelers finish under .500 next year.

Edit, To GreenNGold I started this post before I even saw your comment about twitter so I in no way meant it as a reply to you. Given your post and the way I said what I did it sounds like I was being a real smart *** to you and that was not my intention at all. I still would have made a twitter comment but I would have been much more couther about it. I apologize for the way it sounded towards you.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want AB in GB. If we're going to offer #30 for a WR1/2 I'd prefer Gute offer LA Rams #30 for Robert Woods. IMHO a perfect complement to Adams and a reasonable salary cap # ($6-$8Mil/yr, I believe).

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want AB in GB. If we're going to offer #30 for a WR1/2 I'd prefer Gute offer LA Rams #30 for Robert Woods. IMHO a perfect complement to Adams and a reasonable salary cap # ($6-$8Mil/yr, I believe).

Unless they're completely out of their minds, they will not trade their target leading WR for a late first rounder. We could get Golden Tate for cheap as a FA and keep our picks. Or as I've posted, sign Humphries who would be an upgrade to Cobb at this point.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless they're completely out of their minds, they will not trade their target leading WR for a late first rounder. We could get Golden Tate for cheap as a FA and keep our picks. Or as I've posted, sign Humphries who would be an upgrade to Cobb at this point.
I have liked Humphries for some time as well, but he'd prob cost in the 8-10M range. Would you sign him for that money, given that we would have about 10-15M left to sign OL, S and EDGE depth? If we would get someone on such a contract, Id prob rather pay Mathieu about 8-10M a year and draft a WR. Marquise Brown, Parris Campbell and Andy Isabella are players I like respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts