Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
In my opinion it's mind-boggling that there are a ton of fans advocating for the Packers to trade for Brown after he quit on his team with a playoff spot on the line in week 17.

And that less than two years after the Bennett fiasco.

I think a lot of fans want to win again and see Brown along with Adam's giving the Packers the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. The offense would have some serious leggs.

There is a lot more going on in Pittsburgh then Antonio Brown that meets the eye. Morgan Burnett wants out of there too. I am not advocating Brown's behavior at times but many say the media is blowing this thing up as more then what it is. Regardless, us fans only know bits and pieces of what's happened behind closed doors similar to our own Rodgers/McCarthy situation.

Is Antonio Brown a diva? Absolutely yes but if the Packers believe they can keep him under control then getting him should absolutely be the top priority right now. The Rams have proven you can bring multiple divas together and win. I personally believe Mike Tomlin has lost complete control over his team and you can't put that all on Brown. This has been a long time coming.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ****ing quit the last week of the season with the playoffs on the line. Turned his back on his teammates and his contract. NOBODY stopped paying him. it's not the first time he's stepped away from his team. It can't be blown up enough. Everybody else was able to step on the field and play for their contracts and teammates. Antonio Brown didn't and I don't care what's been brewing. I'd rather have Antonion Scarpacci playing WR for GB than this Brown character.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He ******* quit the last week of the season with the playoffs on the line. Turned his back on his teammates and his contract. NOBODY stopped paying him. it's not the first time he's stepped away from his team. It can't be blown up enough. Everybody else was able to step on the field and play for their contracts and teammates. Antonio Brown didn't and I don't care what's been brewing. I'd rather have Antonion Scarpacci playing WR for GB than this Brown character.

Brown wanted "to play" but Tomlin didn't let him because of a pissing match that they were having. If you can't handle your locker room and "Diva players" you probably shouldn't be coaching in the NFL. The Steelers are done. Tomlin allowed this manifestation in the locker room.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown wanted "to play" but Tomlin didn't let him because of a pissing match that they were having. If you can't handle your locker room and "Diva players" you probably shouldn't be coaching in the NFL. The Steelers are done. Tomlin allowed this manifestation in the locker room.
link?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article clearly states Tomlin got a call prior to game that Browns agent called Tomlin that Antonio was feeling better and wanted to play. Once again there is information we might never know but it was rumored that Brown was having issues with both R-Burger and Tomlin as some other players were as well. Tomlin allowed this thing to get way out of control.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ch-mike-tomlin-says-antonio-brown-asked-trade
This was interesting.... but certainly does not make me want to sign Brown.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This was interesting.... but certainly does not make me want to sign Brown.

Like him or hate him the guy balls out on the field as hard as anyone and players around the league respect him. He could come here on his way to the HOF.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s odd, as every other single player available to put their body on the line for their teammates and their job, did. Well except Brown. Seems like the locker room was handled, except for the one that refuses to be handled lol.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That’s odd, as every other single player available to put their body on the line for their teammates and their job, did. Well except Brown. Seems like the locker room was handled, except for the one that refuses to be handled lol.

As the article states "Per Tomlin" Antonio Brown still wanted to play despite there differences and Tomlin said "playing wasn't on the menu". Sounds like a pissing match to me and Antonio man'd up when it was time to play and Tomlin said "No".

That loss is on Mike Tomlin. Sorry.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure it was. Sounds like Brown had issues with players and coaches and decided to check out. Every other player probably has issues with someone on that team and still finds a way to put it aside when it’s time for the team. Brown won’t, can’t, and hasn’t in multiple occasions. I’m sure he earned his benching.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sure it was. Sounds like Brown had issues with players and coaches and decided to check out. Every other player probably has issues with someone on that team and still finds a way to put it aside when it’s time for the team. Brown won’t, can’t, and hasn’t in multiple occasions. I’m sure he earned his benching.

Yeah, because he threw a ball at Ben R-Burger and Mike Tomlin. Whooopie Dooooo Dah.

Your right, just about everyone else on the team probably wanted and wish they could of done the same thing. Tomlin created the environment that played out and it backfired.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Tomlin creates a toxic environment and then gets butt-hurt when it comes at him and now Brown is a head case. Then you have the media playing it up too just blow it up way out of proportion. The fact is Tomlin's days are numbered as a head coach and should be. He has totally underachieved with all the talent he has been given and he can't control his own locker room.

My god it was weekly practice in Seattle where players would fight and balls would get thrown off Russell Wilson's head and never got to this point. Tomlin lost control of his team with how he went about things. It starts from the top.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As the article states "Per Tomlin" Antonio Brown still wanted to play despite there differences and Tomlin said "playing wasn't on the menu". Sounds like a pissing match to me and Antonio man'd up when it was time to play and Tomlin said "No".

That loss is on Mike Tomlin. Sorry.
You can’t decide that you aren’t going to practice and expect to play.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You can’t decide that you aren’t going to practice and expect to play.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Guys sit all week all the time nursing injuries. It was week 17 and guys are beat up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tomlin creates a toxic environment and then gets butt-hurt when it comes at him and now Brown is a head case. Then you have the media playing it up too just blow it up way out of proportion. The fact is Tomlin's days are numbered as a head coach and should be. He has totally underachieved with all the talent he has been given and he can't control his own locker room.

My god it was weekly practice in Seattle where players would fight and balls would get thrown off Russell Wilson's head and never got to this point. Tomlin lost control of his team with how he went about things. It starts from the top.
And yet every other player on that roster found a way to be there as a team, except Brown. Every other player was able to act like a professional and an adult, except Brown. This wasn’t Browns first time. Like I said, I’ll take Antonio Scarpacci over this guy. Not a chance I’m trading high picks for him.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On top of possible locker room cancer, he's 30 years old in a speed position. I don't want him with ANY pick. Some of these guys forget there is only one NFL, and if you're a problem, you're out.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok let's forget the #12 pick for Brown. That to me is out of the question. What about the Saints #1 pick?
If he gets traded, it will be for a late 2nd, at the most. Erratic behavior, a big contract, and at an age players are in decline does not add up to a 1st round. I would gamble a 4th that he pulls his **** together for a year and has 1 more season of productive ball, then cut him.

I believe the toxic environment that you speak of is largely Tomlin's response to Antonio Brown's behaviors. He is, by my impression, selfish, ego-centric, immature, angry and uncooperative person. A horrible teammate.

He is not a personality that helps team chemistry. And this last season we had enough poor chemistry.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm not giving up a high 1st round pick with 5 years of cheap control for Antonio Brown.

A 2nd or 3rd, sure.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Guys sit all week all the time nursing injuries. It was week 17 and guys are beat up.
You’re entitled to your opinion, but your rationale for defending AB is highly flawed.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You’re entitled to your opinion, but your rationale for defending AB is highly flawed.

My rationale is I'd rather be down at Lambeau tailgating right now getting ready for a champ game and Brown helps give us that chance. Him and Adam's with Rodgers could re-write history. Risk has to be taken at this point and is are only chance

Nick Perry hasn't played a game since he signed his contract new contract. Much rather gamble with Brown.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round picks are supposed to be 12 yr. players. Some of you want to trade that for brown, who may be an effective 3 yrs.? Don't get it. Maybe a third but not a 1st or 2nd.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st round picks are supposed to be 12 yr. players. Some of you want to trade that for brown, who may be an effective 3 yrs.? Don't get it. Maybe a third but not a 1st or 2nd.
I doubt AB lasts 3 years at his next stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts