Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will say it would be tempting to have a veteran with his caliber. I just don’t want AB pulling a Martellus Bennett. Any contract we would entertain better be weighted in performance, meaning if he bails or gets cut for causing internal turmoil so does his paycheck.

Bennett kind of crossed my mind too, but I don't think he was as much of a locker room problem more that he was just kind of uncommitted to playing.

If a team trades for AB, they pick up his current contract, unless part of the trade agreement is re-working that contract. However, that would have to be agreed upon by AB and I am guessing he would want more money and guarantees from whoever is trading for him and no easy (cheap) outs for that team would also be desired by him.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we had Joe Mixon and Courtland Sutton we'd be halfway out of the situation we are in now. Instead, now we are in complete catch up mode.

Shouldn't you be busy mocking our next failure at Edge or in the Secondary?
I’m still mad we didn’t take mixon...

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AB is the best wr in the league I don’t give af about his personality he will help us win bottom line..

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again I have to ask... why does it matter if a team wins or loses that you have no personal connection with its players? If the players on the team are not of decent character and frankly not very likeable why should I care if they win or not?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AB is the best wr in the league I don’t give af about his personality he will help us win bottom line..

When George Kittle and Travis Kelce have more yardage than you at WR you're not the best WR in the league. Julio Jones and Nuk Hopkins are better and bigger targets. Granted AB does have a nose for the end zone. Even then, so too does Devante Adams (who had two fewer TDs and 100 more yards receiving than AB) who's younger and has more upside at this point in their respective careers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Again I have to ask... why does it matter if a team wins or loses that you have no personal connection with its players? If the players on the team are not of decent character and frankly not very likeable why should I care if they win or not?

Here we go with the character thing again which is great but I question the character even Thompson drafted. Clinton Dix "Quitter", Ty Montgomery turned out to be "Me Guy". Nick Perry turned out to be "bank robber". Demarius Randal turned out to be "Head Case". Go look at G-Mo's tweets well your at it. I could go on. On the flip side a young man making one bad decision isn't neccessarrily "bad character"

I've heard enough of this character thing which we have clearly lacked anyways and were still losing.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go with the character thing again which is great but I question the character even Thompson drafted. Clinton Dix "Quitter", Ty Montgomery turned out to be "Me Guy". Nick Perry turned out to be "bank robber". Demarius Randal turned out to be "Head Case". Go look at G-Mo's tweets well your at it. I could go on. On the flip side a young man making one bad decision isn't neccessarrily "bad character"

I've heard enough of this character thing which we have clearly lacked anyways and were still losing.
Not sure what you are attempting to prove with that list. I agree with you, and I’m glad most of them are gone.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This dude refused to practice in week 17 with a PLAYOFF BERTH on the line. If you cannot rely on him in a situation like that, how could you possibly be 100% comfortable allocating resources toward acquiring him???

And all because he got into an argument with Big Ben and get his wittle feelings hurt. Like I said previously, if the Packers were to acquire him I'll root like hell for him because he's one of the best the league has ever seen. But you're just flat out crazy if you think he doesn't come with risk.

Week 17 people.....with the playoffs on the line.....

That's what NFL teams live for. And he let his emotions get in the way of the team having its best chance to win. That's a joke of a move.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not completely disagreeing with you... but remember that Brown is 30 years old. Based on that, I would not trade a first round pick for him because the answer to that question may be half of the first round picks in this draft ... 2 years from now. As we move down the draft ... that premise changes somewhat. I am not addressing other factors such as potential locker room problems etc... in this post.
That's fair. I'm LARGELY playing devil's advocate in regards to this whole thing to be completely honest. I'm not saying we should sign him, but rather pointing out how everyone is so dismissive over the idea of bringing in a guy of his caliber. I do understand age and everything, but 30 isn't a bad age, especially when it comes to a transcending talent like Brown.

Let's not forget there have been, (I'm addressing this to everyone in this situation) people that have played lights out past their 30's and further. Brown is right in his prime if you ask me. The ONE thing that would concern me however is how he would be once he begins to decline and whatnot and would he graciously step down. And if he'd pull off that Bennett crap that someone mentioned earlier as that's a great point.

Again I'm not saying to get him, but i'm speaking for the sake of providing a different perspective and opinion. If we don't trade a pick for him, then we had better damn well not screw up in this draft like we've been doing.

As for everyone that's been talking about his character, again let's look at LA as a prime example of what they're doing with players with checkered past such as Talib, and our old nemesis in Suh. You're telling me that our organization isn't good enough to change people around? This is why I take issue with people here dismissing people b/c of past mistakes. Fact is everyone makes mistakes, some more bigger than others but the fact remains, if they help our team with winning. As I believe we all desire the same result and that's seeing another Lombardi added to the collection.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This dude refused to practice in week 17 with a PLAYOFF BERTH on the line. If you cannot rely on him in a situation like that, how could you possibly be 100% comfortable allocating resources toward acquiring him???

And all because he got into an argument with Big Ben and get his wittle feelings hurt. Like I said previously, if the Packers were to acquire him I'll root like hell for him because he's one of the best the league has ever seen. But you're just flat out crazy if you think he doesn't come with risk.

Week 17 people.....with the playoffs on the line.....

That's what NFL teams live for. And he let his emotions get in the way of the team having its best chance to win. That's a joke of a move.

All these guys come with risk. Everyone wants Earl Thomas and he flipped his whole team off and has been a hot head in multiple situations. The reality is if your winning people look the other way and if your not winning they don't.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All these guys come with risk. Everyone wants Earl Thomas and he flipped his whole team off and has been a hot head in multiple situations. The reality is if your winning people look the other way and if your not winning they don't.

I don't want him either but not because he's a hot head because I don't think he is. He asked for a trade/release from Seattle because of his contract and played through it. I don't want him because he talked about retiring a few years back and has had 2 season injuries in 3 years.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's has been nice to have non-diva receivers like Jordy, Cobb, James Jones, and Adams the last 6 years. Hopefully this continues to be our way and we tell this clown to kick rocks.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

The only difference is that Earl Thomas PLAYS. Even when he held out for the Seahawks in training camp and such, when week 1 came around, he was there for his team.

Where I draw the line is when a guy CHOOSES not to practice or play especially in games that have serious playoff implications. That's unforgivable for me. You'd be out of your mind if he did that for the Packers in a must win game. And if not, you should be.

Drawing an equivalency between Thomas and Brown is highly flawed.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't want him either but not because he's a hot head because I don't think he is. He asked for a trade/release from Seattle because of his contract and played through it. I don't want him because he talked about retiring a few years back and has had 2 season injuries in 3 years.

The injury issues are a concern but he is a hot head. He also had problems with Bobby Wagner that spilled over into the media. I have several close friends that are Seahawks fans and Thomas can definitely be a challenge to deal with.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The only difference is that Earl Thomas PLAYS. Even when he held out for the Seahawks in training camp and such, when week 1 came around, he was there for his team.

Where I draw the line is when a guy CHOOSES not to practice or play especially in games that have serious playoff implications. That's unforgivable for me. You'd be out of your mind if he did that for the Packers in a must win game. And if not, you should be.

Drawing an equivalency between Thomas and Brown is highly flawed.

Your looking at a worst case scenario that could happen and I'm not gonna deny it did happen. I'm also looking at the situation for what it is and it took years for it to blow up that way. Anyone following the Steelers saw this thing brewing with Brown/R-burger and they still made it work until it spiraled out of control. IMO a change of scenery could be very helpful for Brown and the new team he plays for.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your looking at a worst case scenario that could happen and I'm not gonna deny it did happen. I'm also looking at the situation for what it is and it took years for it to blow up that way. Anyone following the Steelers saw this thing brewing with Brown/R-burger and they still made it work until it spiraled out of a control. IMO a change of scenery could be very helpful for Brown and the new team he plays for.
That’s certainly possible... but combining his age with the risks that his personality may present is why I would not want to give away too much in the way of high draft choices for him. If we could get him for a 3rd round pick and just pick up his current contract... I’d go for that. I would be hesitant about a 2nd rounder... and in no way want to give him any additional money that would make it difficult to cut him loose if problems arose.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hot heads are one thing. Me first at all cost players are another. He’s held out, he’s walked away from the team multiple times. And he quit with the playoffs on the line. I’d rather take the field with a 5th round rookie that will give their all.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That’s certainly possible... but combining his age with the risks that his personality may present is why I would not want to give away too much in the way of high draft choices for him. If we could get him for a 3rd round pick and just pick up his current contract... I’d go for that. I would be hesitant about a 2nd rounder... and in no way want to give him any additional money that would make it difficult to cut him loose if problems arose.

Normally I would agree with these guide lines but with the current state of our offense and Rodgers being 35 with a contract that is going to keep coming no matter what I would go as far as our 32 pick.

Brown has plenty of recent good film to believe he is the midst of dropping off right now. LaFleur would flourish with Rodgers along with Brown and Adam's, Graham. If we added a speed guy like P. Campbell, another solid RB and some OL help we'd get back to "Lambeau Leapin" and that's the fun I'm trying to have right now. ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Normally I would agree with these guide lines but with the current state of our offense and Rodgers being 35 with a contract that is going to keep coming no matter what I would go as far as our 32 pick.

Brown has plenty of recent good film to believe he is the midst of dropping off right now. LaFleur would flourish with Rodgers along with Brown and Adam's, Graham. If we added a speed guy like P. Campbell, another solid RB and some OL help we'd get back to "Lambeau Leapin" and that's the fun I'm trying to have right now. ;)

Call it optimistic but I havent heard or read anything anywhere with a better idea IMO. Were on a time crunch here.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You guys crack me up and I say that in a good way. Pulling up a chair and getting ready for another healthy round of draft debating between you two. :D

I have nothing but respect for Matt Millen's Brandon2348's draft philosophy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I have nothing but respect for Matt Millen's Brandon2348's draft philosophy.

Once again yout excellent at taking things out of context taking a team lead by Joey Harrington(bust) and loading up the offense around him.

So basically your comparing Aaron Rodgers to Joey Harrington. Total Fail but nice try. :eek:

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion it's mind-boggling that there are a ton of fans advocating for the Packers to trade for Brown after he quit on his team with a playoff spot on the line in week 17.

And that less than two years after the Bennett fiasco.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion it's mind-boggling that there are a ton of fans advocating for the Packers to trade for Brown after he quit on his team with a playoff spot on the line in week 17.

And that less than two years after the Bennett fiasco.
I guess they'd make good defensive backs? short memories and all

The quitting in week 17 with playoffs on the line is an auto disqualify for me, I was mistaken earlier when I said it would take a lot of convincing to get me to agree to a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't consider it. You don't turn your back on teammates like that. and it's not the first time for him either. There's a pattern. Like I said, I'd rather take the field with a 5th round rookie that wants to be there with me.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude I’m all about Paris Campbell too!!! The dude is fast af!! We need that Jakeem grant tyreek hill speed on this team ********... I want earl Thomas too but I think he goes to Dallas

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dude I’m all about Paris Campbell too!!! The dude is fast af!! We need that Jakeem grant tyreek hill speed on this team ********... I want earl Thomas too but I think he goes to Dallas

"PEACE"

p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts