would you give a 1st rounder for jason taylor...

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope. :stop:
barring injury GB should be able to get 4-5 years min out of a 1st round pick. And each year the youngster would keep gtting better. Taylor could fade a bit each year as he ages.
Unless they totally screw up a 1st round pick should have as much ability at their position as Taylor has.
3rd round pick ok. If he plays at a high level all 3 years.

ChiliMaddensChili

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope... a first round pick is just too valuable for anyone over 30. Unless it's someone like Peyton or Brady obviously.

If he committed to playing three years for the Packers and I were TT I'd probably give up that second rounder.

As it is now, I might give up a third rounder and maybe package it with a fifth, but I wouldn't give up a second for a player who could retire next year... and I can't see TT doing it either.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope. :stop:
barring injury GB should be able to get 4-5 years min out of a 1st round pick. And each year the youngster would keep gtting better. Taylor could fade a bit each year as he ages.
Unless they totally screw up a 1st round pick should have as much ability at their position as Taylor has.
3rd round pick ok. If he plays at a high level all 3 years.
I agree WPR. Taylor is getting up there in years, but if the price is right i'd say get him. But if the price is too steep, you lose a possible long time starter if you give up a first.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance. Especially in light of the recent news that he'd rather not play here.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Apparently no one in the NFL is willing either b/c that's what the Dolphins were asking for initially. Their price has come down somewhat now and the speculation is that it can be done a little later for a 3rd or 4th. If that's the case and Taylor wants to play for more than a year, I hope the Packers pull the trigger.

OP
OP
P

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh, some of you people saying you dont want him or wouldnt give a 4th or 5th for him are nuts. what are your reasons? because his best days are behind him? so what look at r. white, you coulda said the same about him. that doent mean JT wouldnt be effective. the addition of him could possibly make the packers a top 3 defense in the NFL. im not sure about a 1st either, but if the price is right, i say go for it.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give a 1st rounder for him in a heartbeat. His is a difference maker, that is exactly what the defense needs. He is far from washed up! KGB Who?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give a 1st rounder for him in a heartbeat. His is a difference maker, that is exactly what the defense needs. He is far from washed up! KGB Who?

Well that makes one of you. TT and the rest of the NFL GM's wouldn't do it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well if Taylor or Taylor's agent did actually say that he doesn't want to come to GB... then I as TT could give a crap less if the Fins wanted to give him away from a 7th...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem, at least one of them, is that even if Taylor agreed to play for 2 yrs., he could still cut and run after only 1 and we couldn't do a thing about it. Pro football is no longer his #1 love so how much benefit could he be? Frankly, I'm a bit surprised he'll commit to even 1 year since all it would take to ruin his dancing career is one knee or ankle injury. I vote no on JT.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
uh, some of you people saying you dont want him or wouldnt give a 4th or 5th for him are nuts.
I've been called worse.
what are your reasons? because his best days are behind him? so what look at r. white, you coulda said the same about him. that doent mean JT wouldnt be effective.
He doesn't want to be here. He wouldn't be good for the team because he appeares to be more interested in other things like dancing and retiring soon than in football. None of those things could be said about RW. Reggie wanted to win and saw his best chance was with GB. He didn't care if it was a warm weather location. RW was no prima-dona. JT is no RW.

the addition of him could possibly make the packers a top 3 defense in the NFL. im not sure about a 1st either, but if the price is right, i say go for it.

I'm not sure he would be as big of a difference maker to elevate a team as much as he has been in the past. His focus just doesn't seem to be playing ball as much anymore. time will tell though. Why take the chance?

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
uh, some of you people saying you dont want him or wouldnt give a 4th or 5th for him are nuts. what are your reasons? because his best days are behind him? so what look at r. white, you coulda said the same about him. that doent mean JT wouldnt be effective. the addition of him could possibly make the packers a top 3 defense in the NFL. im not sure about a 1st either, but if the price is right, i say go for it.

1. He doesn't want to play here.
2. He is not interested in really playing football - he is interested in starting a career in Hollywood and is using football to get there.
3. With his attitude right now, he would not be a leader, and most likely would be a cancer in the locker room.

I would rather keep the 5th rounder and develop our own guys. I prefer to have a bunch of decent, hardworking guys, who want to be here, and want to play football.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing TT would give up a 1st rounder for would be a 2nd rounder and a few extra late rounders.

Rounders was a great movie, by the way.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ONLY way i would want him here is if he sat down with TT and MM and convinced both of them that his #1 goal is to lead us to the SB. If his heart/mind is on anything else, he's not worth it.
All we hear is what little is given to us by the media. So we don't know for sure if the guy will give 100%, or if he's just playing for the spotlight and money.
A sit down with our guys would probably tell them what they would want to know about his REAL goals.

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If JT had his heart in it then yes. He is a team defining player. He could be that final piece to the puzzle for this Green Bay team. I don't want a mildly focused player, I want a driven Jason Taylor. That is the only way I'd give up a first round pick.

Members online

Latest posts