1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Would you entertain Colt McCoy as a back-up?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,045
    I think a drafted player offers more upside than trading for McCoy. No one is developing McCoy bc he isn't enough to be a starter in this league. People get excited about him bc they know the name.

McCoy isn't winning us any games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Maybe more upside but not more right now. McCoy has played in the NFL. He knows and is used to the speed of the game. He hasn't been coached like our guys coach QBs. He'd likely develop faster as a backup than a draft pick. He might not be a regular starter but he's at least on par or a notch better than Harrell.
    Coleman might have more upside but he's sure not ready to take a starters snap and McCoy is.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Neither is Harrell, and probably not a rookie either. McCoy DID lack NFL weapons, and had better college production than most of the guys in the draft

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,045
    Please tell me more about this theory of yours that college production has an impact on an nfl career. I mean it only makes sense that if you were good in college you will be good in the nfl. Right Tim Tebow?

5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    That's pretty good, now name a guy who didn't have college production despite having all of the opportunity to who produced big in the NFL. Not a lot of names on that list, and most of the names that immediately come to mind were relatively new to football.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,045
    I think he plays for the packers and wears #52

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,045
    I remember this guy at Michigan battling it out with Drew Hensen neck n neck for the starting job in college. Meh college career. I think he got drafted late by the pats.

Funny story his idol growing up couldn't really crack the starting lineup in college til his senior year. Got picked up by SF after college

8. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    See, that would have been my example, but I didn't know how much play time he got in college. Why we had to drag the out of position RB into this I have no clue.

9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    McCoy would be worth a shot. He has to be better than our current backup.

10. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    So would you rather have the college QB that led the NCAA twice in yardage, 3 times top 5 passing TD, 3 times top 10 passer efficiency, 4th place Heisman voting or the one that was top 10 passing TD thrice, twice top 10 passer efficiency, 4 yr starter, twice top 5 Heisman voting including beating the other QB in the vote.

11. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Dealt to SF, but fear not, the new Savior of the franchise was just released! RYAN LINDLEY!!! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,045
    I'm sure by sept Carson Palmer will throw a fit in AZ and want to be traded