Would you entertain Colt McCoy as a back-up?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
With the Browns selecting Weeden, it's reported Colt McCoy could be on the trading block. I always liked Colt McCoy. I think he'd be a solid starter but he was unfortunate to be a rookie QB in a very tough division and has had it rough going with some bad front office decisions by Cleveland.

Would you be against making a trade for Colt to come up here and be a back-up and learn with a good QB's coach in a good system? That is, if it didn't cost us too much?

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I don't see why not. He will probably be one of the best back ups in the league. He is a pretty good QB but he was working in Cleveland. He may be too pricey but if the money is right he may thrive under our system.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No just because I think Graham Harrel did plenty as a young back up last preseason, I really liked what I saw from him. And I'm sure Colt would rather go somewhere where he has a chance to compete for starting

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see a somewhat proven commodity sitting behind Rodgers. But I dont know if trading for Colt McCoy is the right choice. If its real cheap I'm down

Reaction score
Packers r in talks with the browns in acquiring him.
I came here to post the same thing! I wouldn't mind it. If anything, he could be a good backup for the next few years... Especially if Graham Harrell becomes our next Matt Flynn and leaves.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
Colt will have a difficult time finding a starting position in the NFL. I think Green Bay would be a great choice for him personally. He would go to a proven winner and learn things that he probably wouldn't have on another team. I hope we get him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Cleveland doesn't like him. Maybe with the MM QB school, TT thinks they can make something of him. Else I would say, we should try a guy who can develop. I'm thinking we should be a QB development company. Get em. Coach em up. Trade em. Just like Flynn - except the whole trade part.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If Holmgren doesn't want him--- Must be a problem.

That's a pretty silly reason. Holmgren and the Cleveland administration like to do stupid things.

Just yesterday they told McCoy they wouldn't take a QB in the first and not only did they take a QB they took the oldest player in the draft in the past 50 years

D

Dan115

That's a pretty silly reason. Holmgren and the Cleveland administration like to do stupid things.

Just yesterday they told McCoy they wouldn't take a QB in the first and not only did they take a QB they took the oldest player in the draft in the past 50 years

Silly to question Holmgren's take on McCoy? I think Holmgren is a good judge of a QB, but like you say I am silly.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Silly to question Holmgren's take on McCoy?

How do you know it has anything to do with McCoy and not the fact that they just drafted a QB in the first round?

I think Holmgren is a good judge of a QB, but like you say I am silly.

Hmmmm. Then why did they draft him?

D

Dan115

How do you know it has anything to do with McCoy and not the fact that they just drafted a QB in the first round?

Hmmmm. Then why did they draft him?

YES, why did they draft another QB? McCoy is not the man. Maybe for a 7th rounder TT is thinking what the heck.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
YES, why did they draft another QB? McCoy is not the man. Maybe for a 7th rounder TT is thinking what the heck.

I'm saying if Holmgren is such a good judge of QB, why did he draft McCoy to begin with? It's not like McCoy is going to be starting games for our team on a regular basis anyway. So being an exceptional talent isn't necessarily a huge concern.

Once again Cleveland has been a poorly managed team for a while and Holmgren hasn't done much to change that.

Someone has to be the odd man out. They can get something in return if they trade McCoy. They would get absolutely nothing for Seneca Wallace

Members online

Latest posts