Would you compete for the starting job, Brett?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why?

He actually asked "why?"

It seemed like Favre wanted to be coddled before (late march visits as examples) but I wasn't quite sure. This is brett favre. He doesn't want anything handed to him.

So when asked if he would show up and compete for the job, the last thing I expected to hear was "why?" but that is exactly what I heard.

Why, Brett, Why?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
you actually think Brett Favre would accept competing for a starting spot? I don't. that would be sooooooo beneath him.
I think he'd beat Rodgers out right now. 100%. BUT, if they came up to him and said, "We'll have you back, but you have to compete for the starting spot", I think he'd tell them to go screw themselves.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was livid when I heard that. One of the douchiest things that Brett has said so far in this saga (and that's really saying something). If you really want to come back to the Packers, then compete for the starting job. If you're better than Aaron, you'll play, if not, you won't. Man up.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was livid when I heard that. One of the douchiest things that Brett has said so far in this saga (and that's really saying something). If you really want to come back to the Packers, then compete for the starting job. If you're better than Aaron, you'll play, if not, you won't. Man up.

It's all ego. The fact he isn't welcomed back and handed the job is a slap in his face. He doesn't care that the team FINALLY started heading in a new direction or that Rodgers gets the shaft here, or, that his teammates UNDERSTANDS competition and this is the FAIREST way to handle this deal.

He essentially was saying "this is not about what is fair, this is about Brett Favre." It doesn't matter what direction the team went in or how long he took to finally decide to come back. He wants back and wants it under his terms.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think i read in a yahoo article comment section that...

say a guy retires in the real world (which admittedly this aint) and then wants his job back for whatever reason. The guy, assuming the company was on good terms would probably get his job back, but he would absolutely lose all seniority and clout built up over the years. thats the way it is in almost any business i can think of.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like i stated in another thread.......i quit a job once, and ended up getting rehired about 7 months later. I gladly accepted the offer from the complany owner.
But you know what? I lost all my seniority, and my years of vacation.
I started back at the bottom of the ladder.
I didn't **** and moan "Why? Shouldn't i just get to keep all my accrued vacation and seniority?"
I started back at square one.
But Favre says "Why?"
Uh,......cause Brett.....you QUIT. TWICE.
He's lucky he would still get his 12 million.
I had to start back at the starting wage at the place.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? I'll tell you why.. (please reference image 1a)

This is the reason the Packers have been reluctant to just blindly reinstate him ...they have been having a hard time engineering a mobile scaffolding that will support his gigantic melon. Well, I have devised a (albeit a rough first draft) schematic that they can adopt.

Image 1a
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I totally agree.If Brett is so much better then a-rodge why not just beat him out in TC and please Brett for the love of God put a muzzle over your mouth.I been a packer fan since i was 11(im 31 now) and respect everything this man has done for the franchise but geez stop acting like your bigger then the Packer franchise.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is the reason the Packers have been reluctant to just blindly reinstate him ...they have been having a hard time engineering a mobile scaffolding that will support his gigantic melon. Well, I have devised a (albeit a rough first draft) schematic that they can adopt.

Image 1a

its too bad that had to be with Favre as the picture. but that is hilarious.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Image 1a
LOLOLOLOL!!!
I darn near PEE'd myself!!!! :lol:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

This is the greatest week ever.

Finally after 16 years of having to put up with this prima donna, you all are really showing him.

I can't wait to see what is next!!!!

This forum used to be really boring when actual football talk was going on.

this is much better.

TT IS THE KING!!!!! NOW AND FOREVER!!!!! ALL HAIL TT!!!!!!

PS. Hey TT grow a pair and release this jerk!!!! He is nothing, never has been, and no threat.

SO GET RID OF HIM ALREADY!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Finally after 16 years of having to put up with this prima donna, you all are really showing him.

this is much better.

PS. Hey TT grow a pair and release this jerk!!!! He is nothing, never has been, and no threat.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

this is much better.

I'm so glad you like it. :)

I do other ego-maniacs, too. So, if you have a request just send the name (I can find an image on google, thanks) and I will be glad to photoshop him/her. It helps if you have a story to go along with the persons name, though. I don't just Photoshop people for no reason. :wink:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll crown TT when we win a SB.
Crowning him now is a little bit premature, don't ya think?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's doing a fine job. But right now, the Giants are Kings.

Members online

Latest posts