Would the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This is them. Uneven, and not a high quality team. Still a couple pieces away.
Tell me, how would the Packers have done starting their second string QB? What's his name, oh yeah, Harrell. Take Rodgers out of the game in San Fran and start Harrell. See how that works out.

And the second half, yup had to be conservative play calling. Couldn't have been the Vikings defense because we all know they suck. What's the excuse this year? The last 3 years they were all getting old. Now with a bunch of young players and a couple of rookie DBs starting. Oh yeah, they just aren't any good. Only the Packers get good rookies.

Good luck in San Fran.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me, how would the Packers have done starting their second string QB? What's his name, oh yeah, Harrell. Take Rodgers out of the game in San Fran and start Harrell. See how that works out.

And the second half, yup had to be conservative play calling. Couldn't have been the Vikings defense because we all know they suck. What's the excuse this year? The last 3 years they were all getting old. Now with a bunch of young players and a couple of rookie DBs starting. Oh yeah, they just aren't any good. Only the Packers get good rookies.

Good luck in San Fran.

Haha sensitive much?

Excuses? Really? Even before the loss of your QB you couldn't find anyone picking the Vikings.

Sorry that you can't acknowledge that your team has some missing pieces. WRs. Corners. A QB. Ponder is not a good QB. Winfield is 35. Percy harvin has a train wreck relationship with a franchise that seems at best dysfunctional,

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Good luck in San Fran.

The Rodgers comparison isnt right...You didnt lose your best player on the team...

If AP didnt play and Ponder did, what would have happened? Do you truly believe the Vikings would have won any game vs the Pack?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Rodgers comparison isnt right...You didnt lose your best player on the team...

If AP didnt play and Ponder did, what would have happened? Do you truly believe the Vikings would have won any game vs the Pack?
First let me say I never thought the Vikings would win that game. They had a chance, yes. But it was an outside one. Why Ponder. Simple, take away Peterson and you still have Gerhart. Now say what you will about him, but is is a darn good runner. Just not as fast. Take Peterson out, Ponder in, the game is more competitive. Do they win? Probably not. Do the Packer win on just 24 points? Probably not. If of course Ponder played like he did the last 4 games.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think Joe Webb is that bad of a QB. I think he just played a very rusty and A-typical game. Plus The Vikings' game plan with him in did him no favors in allowing him to get his feet under himself.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
First let me say I never thought the Vikings would win that game. They had a chance, yes. But it was an outside one. Why Ponder. Simple, take away Peterson and you still have Gerhart. Now say what you will about him, but is is a darn good runner. Just not as fast. Take Peterson out, Ponder in, the game is more competitive. Do they win? Probably not. Do the Packer win on just 24 points? Probably not. If of course Ponder played like he did the last 4 games.

Hall of fame back to maybe....MAYBE.... a 2nd alternate pro bowler? Still isnt comparable for me..

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I agree that it was some conservative play calling in the 2nd half, and by the end of the 3rd quarter we were up 3 scores. And; yes, I would have been sweet to watch them beat up on the Vikings especially with the sour taste of week 17 still in our mouths. But why give the 9ers more tape on what we can do with the healthy people we have on Offence now? Smart move by McCarthy imo.
Hindsight proves the conservative playcalling as being smart. I think it could have gone the other way and don't believe three TDs was enough room to slow it down. Four TDs? Sure. We could have scored those using the same tactics as the other three, hand off/slant to JuJu and watch the little monster run his *** off. I think SF is already aware of that one. :)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight proves the conservative playcalling as being smart. I think it could have gone the other way and don't believe three TDs was enough room to slow it down. Four TDs? Sure. We could have scored those using the same tactics as the other three, hand off/slant to JuJu and watch the little monster run his *** off. I think SF is already aware of that one. :)
I really hope "JuJu" does not catch on. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts