1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Would the real Slim Shady please stand up?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Tell me, how would the Packers have done starting their second string QB? What's his name, oh yeah, Harrell. Take Rodgers out of the game in San Fran and start Harrell. See how that works out.

And the second half, yup had to be conservative play calling. Couldn't have been the Vikings defense because we all know they suck. What's the excuse this year? The last 3 years they were all getting old. Now with a bunch of young players and a couple of rookie DBs starting. Oh yeah, they just aren't any good. Only the Packers get good rookies.

Good luck in San Fran.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,075
    Haha sensitive much?

Excuses? Really? Even before the loss of your QB you couldn't find anyone picking the Vikings.

Sorry that you can't acknowledge that your team has some missing pieces. WRs. Corners. A QB. Ponder is not a good QB. Winfield is 35. Percy harvin has a train wreck relationship with a franchise that seems at best dysfunctional,

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
    The Rodgers comparison isnt right...You didnt lose your best player on the team...

If AP didnt play and Ponder did, what would have happened? Do you truly believe the Vikings would have won any game vs the Pack?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    correct comparing apples and oranges.

5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    First let me say I never thought the Vikings would win that game. They had a chance, yes. But it was an outside one. Why Ponder. Simple, take away Peterson and you still have Gerhart. Now say what you will about him, but is is a darn good runner. Just not as fast. Take Peterson out, Ponder in, the game is more competitive. Do they win? Probably not. Do the Packer win on just 24 points? Probably not. If of course Ponder played like he did the last 4 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I really don't think Joe Webb is that bad of a QB. I think he just played a very rusty and A-typical game. Plus The Vikings' game plan with him in did him no favors in allowing him to get his feet under himself.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
    Hall of fame back to maybe....MAYBE.... a 2nd alternate pro bowler? Still isnt comparable for me..

• Like Like x 1
  8. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Hindsight proves the conservative playcalling as being smart. I think it could have gone the other way and don't believe three TDs was enough room to slow it down. Four TDs? Sure. We could have scored those using the same tactics as the other three, hand off/slant to JuJu and watch the little monster run his *** off. I think SF is already aware of that one. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I really hope "JuJu" does not catch on. :laugh:

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Fox. That's the name his mama gave him that's what I call him. I've seen a few nicknames for him on the couple of boards I tab

• Informative Informative x 1