1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Would the Pack have an edge?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zeck180, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    Do you think the Packers would have an edge, because the SB is in a dome?
    Packers-Steelers Super Bowl XLV Dope Sheet
    Since the arrival of MM, the Pack is 11-6 in domes, Rodgers has a 111+ passer rating and averages 300 yards and offense total average points of 30.6!

2. A-Rod_is_God

A-Rod_is_God Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    I know I'm really excited to see what rodgers can do. he verbalized after the Atlanta game that he enjoys playing in a dome

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I definitely think the perfect conditions of a dome give us a slight edge, but Ben is no slouch either. Remember, he threw for 500 yards against us last year. The guy can get it done through the air to be sure.

Their defense will have speed and can rush the passer better than most anyone else. And Troy Polamalu is scary good, plus he didn't play last time. This is going to be a tough matchup.

4. PackersAllDay89

PackersAllDay89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Of course Rodgers will ball - he gets to wear his comfy shoes..

• Like Like x 2
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    how do the steelers do in doms?

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I wonder if that will give the packer defense an edge as they'll be more explosive off the line on artificial turf against the weaken O-line of the Steelers?

7. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    The Pack this year have played in the two most loudest domes the Metro Dome and Georgia Dome, well until they slapped on 30+ points.

8. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Cowboy Stadium is far from loud at all. The acoustics are all jacked up.

9. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    Plus at worst the crowd will only be 50% Packer fans. My bet is there will be atleast 60%

10. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Packers usually did good in Domes. Look at the Last Atlanta Game they Killed the Falcons in Home Turf in a Dome.

I think we got a Slight Edge when it comes to that.

11. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    It's a decided edge (Dome). You know they give Pittsburgh their "experience" factor which I think it complete nonsense. So even them out.
    The Packers are a much faster team than the Steelers, also receivers can run those precise routes. The dome is a certain edge for the Packers. Oh, how about we're a better team too, that's an edge.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    It's give and take with the edges. I really think these two are the closest to being equal as I've seen in a long time. Comparing and contrasting at every level is really hard, they are both so good. The only area I question about the Packers is special teams. It's been the bane of our existence all year. But I will say I've noticed an improvement in them during the post season. They've played up and I'm proud of them. But comparing offense and defense is what is tricky as you can pretty much go back and forth all day countering weapon after weapon. All this means is it's going to be a really good game!

13. Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    rodgers loves himself some dome ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    He sure does, and he often follows a mediocre performance with an outstanding one. (Let's hope it happens that way again. :pray:)

Also, regarding experience - he seems fairly unflappable in general, just his personality type. I'm not worried about Rodgers never having been there before. Not really. (There may be other guys with the jitters, but I think that'll be okay too, once things get going.)

Barring any really unfortunate mistakes, I like our chances in this one. Naturally,anything can happen - but I feel like if we want it more (and I think we very well may), we have a better-than-decent chance to win.

FOUR MORE QUARTERS!

15. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +65
    They're averaging 47 points/game in domes under this regime in the playoffs. Yes, small sample size. They are just built better for a dome with the way they fling the ball around. As long as they get decent protection I expect another huge day, 300+ and 3 or more TDs are not unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1