1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Would Teddy sign Reggie?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yooperfan, Mar 13, 2006.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just curious.
    How many of you fellow Packer Backers think Teddy would sign Reggie White if he had been in Ron Wolfs shoes at the time?

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    This isn't a fair question. IF anyone says yes they are TT lover *** smoochers. If anyone says no well you can guess.

With that said though, I think every GM wanted Reggie because they knew how important that first major FA signing was to the franchise that landed him.

3. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did reggie sign for cheap???? Did he signed for allmost nothing ?? Was he a medium to low level free agent? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh no he was the Great Reggie White.... tooooooooo much risk, way too much risk... no I think he would have better kept the cap, maybe we can get some low level players for almost nothing latter, and would have stayed away from that big risk of a player who was, obviously, asking for too much money and TT NEVER, NEVER EVER OVERPAY.. and anyway we can allways draft a kid on the 7th round or maybe even get an undrafted kid to play in the same position

So I would have been no Reggie, no SB ring... As I see things right now, I wish TT makes the right moves and forces me to eat my words..

4. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think he would have. The thing is, if im not mistaken, Reggie signed with the Packers because he liked what he saw in the organization and in Brett Favre. He could have made more money from other teams that were interested in signing him. Now if Reggie was a FA today and he took a look at the organization we have now, I dont think he would have jumped at the oportunity to play in GB.

5. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Take it easy Chamuko......it isn't over yet.

7. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say that's a big "NO"... Yooper because...

a. "He" (the "Almighty TT") didn't "draft" him...
    2. He didn't get him "on the cheap" off the discount rack waiver wire....

Boy...it's funny how thin skinned and defensive some people get around here if you dare to "critique" any of TT move's...

(Do not DARE to contradict Lord TT you swine....He is above your puny analysis...)

8. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pack 66: So far the only "thin-skinned" people in this thread are the ones who are dumping on Thompson, like you and Chamuko. Nobody else is getting the least bit riled up. Anyway, I agree with Zero that it's not really a fair question. Too hard to tell.

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really a fair question like said but I think every team was in the market for Reggie White. TT is a deciple of Ron Wolf. Keep that in mind.

10. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah I can agree with that one

I hate how there is a solid for or against when it comes to our team

bi-partisan crap was meant for politics, not football

11. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is a fair question.

The Packers are sorely in need of some legitamacy.

It's not bi-partisan it is a legitamate question. This was not to be a "for or against Teddy question".

It's simple would he, or wouldn't he.

12. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    who cares

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You obviously are new to the board or naive to the way posters treat 'simple' answers around here. Hence why I claimed the question as not fair.