Would losing a game early be good for us?

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
No, I'm not really one who believes a loss is good. This team knows how to prepare themselves to play at a high level, they don't need a loss to "wake them up." The only good that could come out of a loss would be that the opponent exposed a weakness that the coaches could then fix or gameplan around.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps thinking of losing as a "good" thing is the wrong phraseology. We are asking the question backwards. Of course losing is not a "good" thing in any circumstance even to wake them up. This team is already wide awake. I think the heart of the matter is a discussion of the teams ability to handle losing. They seem to be confident in themselves to handle a loss and just get back up and keep rolling. That makes me extremely confident in them.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I don't remember anyone saying during the playoffs last year, "I hope we lose one so we'll play better in the Super Bowl". I guess that might be a poor example becuase clearly, if we lost during the playoffs, we wouldn't be in the SB.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I think far too many have become far too superstitious. Who says we can't go undefeated? Is it likely? Are the odds in favor of it? I don't know, but if each person plays to the best of his ability and if they all play as a team the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts and the Packers could most certainly go undefeated. Let's aim for that -- let's strive for PERFECTION! and accept a loss or two along the way if that is the hand that is dealt to us.
In the meantime, let's not make provision for failure.

Go Pack, go!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I cant imagine many things worse as a fan than what happened to the 07 pats. Well I guess Mike Brown owning the team I cheered for would be worse.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not worry too much about the HC ranting about a bad practice. Most likely he is just taking an opportunity to light a fire.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that losing is never good. Preseason, well, that doesn't matter much, although going winless wouldn't be too fun. Perhaps it was good in 1997 when LeRoy Butler talked about 19-0 and we lost in Week 2 to the Eagles, but I'd hate to fall behind early in the standings.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe that anyone could spin the merits of losing! Are you nuts? This is a veteran, battle tested team. The only thing they need to learn is how to get into the playoffs comfortably and not by the skin of their teeth!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Everyone is shaky and rusty last night. You watch any football last night? All the games I watched looked sloppy. Even the Eagles. Everyone is kind of in the same boat right now. Don't think too much will carry over into the regular season. Pros get on track quick.

Members online