World Cup Russia 2018

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I early? :D

Well there is no other appropriate thread for this story so we might as well get it started.

Gedion Zelalem has become a US citizen since his father is a naturalized citizen. This will clear the way for Gedion to play for the USMNT, and steal him away from Germany. :D

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../29/arsenals-gedion-zelalem-is-a-u-s-citizen/
Thats indeed quite early :D
Let's see if we can keep this thread alive until 2018, the year when the reigning champion Germany will win another championship and close up to Brazil. ;)
I've read about Gedion Zelalem and I dont understand why he chooses the easy way instead competing for a Germany roster spot sometime in the future.
But he should get some playing time with Arsenal first. I've seen so many highly talented players that ended up in minor leagues instead of having a world class career. Does anybody remember Freddy Edu ? :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Think of it this way Croak (and I bet Nessie will agree with me on this one). With the Germans, its a patient process for the National team. I guarantee you, the National team trainers talked to players like Julian Green, Gedion Zelalem, and a few others that actually did stay with the German side, that the German trainers will say, hey, stay with us and in 3 years or so you will be contributing to our team.

Klinsmann will fast track the players now (not in 3 years) to get them in young because he knows their talent. Guaranteed Julian Green would have been a starter in the German squad somewhere down the line. The first time Julian Green touched the ball in his first world cup game, he scored a goal. That's why Klinsmann snatched him up early. Same thing just happened with Gedion.

So I'm happy about this decision. Gedion knows World Cups only happen once every 4 years, and he wants in the next one, not in 7 years from now.

Hope that explains my excitement. Happy New Year.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adu has nothing to do with this. Klinsmann did not recruit Adu.
Thats right, but Adu is an example of a very young and very talented who got hyped before he even was an established player with his team/club.
Of course thats not Zelalems fault but to me it looks like they are putting the cart before the horse. Klinsmann is well known for developing young players but it doesnt help if Zelalem doesnt get playing time at his club.
Time will tell, hopefully he wont be another talent who fall by the wayside.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thats right, but Adu is an example of a very young and very talented who got hyped before he even was an established player with his team/club.
Of course thats not Zelalems fault but to me it looks like they are putting the cart before the horse. Klinsmann is well known for developing young players but it doesnt help if Zelalem doesnt get playing time at his club.
Time will tell, hopefully he wont be another talent who fall by the wayside.

The point is Adu never should have been hyped to that level. Adu was more of a trick shot artist as opposed to a footballer. And I'll take Klinsmann's view way above all of the other idiot USA managers we have had.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
USA friendly today!

USA vs Chile. Good matchup. Come on You Yanks!

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Chile wins 3:2 We played an interesting 3-5-2 formation in the first half.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Chile wins 3:2 We played an interesting 3-5-2 formation in the first half.

It wasn't the U.S.'s "A" team however. Rimando is not the best goalie the U.S. could have used. In fact, he looked rooted to his spot so much that I thought he would never get aggressive. But maybe I'm biased by watching the "sweeper keeper".

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
It wasn't the U.S.'s "A" team however. Rimando is not the best goalie the U.S. could have used. In fact, he looked rooted to his spot so much that I thought he would never get aggressive. But maybe I'm biased by watching the "sweeper keeper".

I don't like that Rimando was in the net. I much prefer Sean Johnson.

Chile didn't have Alexi Sanchez either. That could have made things worse for us.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
USA vs Panama friendly. 2:0 win for the Ami's.

Michael Bradley's corner kick goes in directly, not touched by anyone.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

They seem to have made a mistake with the England ranking ??? :D

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Or that Ghana is ahead of us when we just beat them in the World Cup...
Or....
Or....
Or....

The list could go on.

Members online

Latest posts