World Cup Brazil 2014

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think the US will do pretty good in Brazil, but in all honesty they have as much chance as winning it as the Bavarian team you like has of winning the Superbowl. ;) Your a Guinness guy too? i used to be aswell (Draught only) though. Now as far as alcohol is concerned less is more. :)

Guinness is only 4% alcohol which isn't bad compared to some other brews here in the U.S. Dog Fish Head, which my son likes, is 17%!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Guinness is only 4% alcohol which isn't bad compared to some other brews here in the U.S. Dog Fish Head, which my son likes, is 17%!

Its only beer, if anyone wants the hard stuff try the spirits.......been there done that aswell although these days New Year apart i only use them for medicinal purposes. :whistling::)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I would be happy if the U.S. won a world cup. It would add more interest and prestige to the game here.

America IS supposed to be the melting pot of the world. So I don't have a problem with any of them playing.

BTW - I drink beer in moderation for my health. I had serious surgery in 2001 that left part of my digestive system a mess. The medication the Doc originally prescribed was dissolving the enamel on my teeth. So using a veterinarians trick for cows, we switched to a beer or two a day and it worked like a charm: with Doctor's approval no less. I have to confess though, that my favorite beer is Guinness. They really know how to brew a good beer.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Wow, a German who likes hoppy beers and Guinness? Are you sure you are German? :D:roflmao: Well glad to know the biers help your digestive system. Good deal.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its only beer, if anyone wants the hard stuff try the spirits.......been there done that aswell although these days New Year apart i only use them for medicinal purposes. :whistling::)
Medicinical purposes, wow :cautious: :) Perhaps I should ask my Doc as well as I love drinking Scotch ? :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, a German who likes hoppy beers and Guinness? Are you sure you are German? :D:roflmao: Well glad to know the biers help your digestive system. Good deal.
Of course Germans like hoppy beers.
Especially in my part of the country. Ever tried Jever on your trips to Germany ? Thats very a hoppy beer ! :)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Of course Germans like hoppy beers.
Especially in my part of the country. Ever tried Jever on your trips to Germany ? Thats very a hoppy beer ! :)

Yep, I've had Jever vom fass und aus der Flasche. It's a good hoppy pils for sure. Zum Uerige Altbier in Dusseldorf is also a nice hoppy beer. Not sure if you've ever had any IPA from the West Coast, but we lead the league in hoppiness. :)

Bamberg's Keesman Herron Pils is probably the hoppiest Pils (even more than Jever) is my favorite German beer. It's amazing.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, I've had Jever vom fass und aus der Flasche. It's a good hoppy pils for sure. Zum Uerige Altbier in Dusseldorf is also a nice hoppy beer. Not sure if you've ever had any IPA from the West Coast, but we lead the league in hoppiness. :)

Bamberg's Keesman Herron Pils is probably the hoppiest Pils (even more than Jever) is my favorite German beer. It's amazing.
Oh yes....Uerige is awesome. During my years in Dusseldorf I've been at the Uerige several times, great place, great Alt :tup:
I'll be in California, Arizona and NM in March, any recommendation which IPA's I should look for ? :)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Oh yes....Uerige is awesome. During my years in Dusseldorf I've been at the Uerige several times, great place, great Alt :tup:
I'll be in California, Arizona and NM in March, any recommendation which IPA's I should look for ? :)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Alesmith IPA

Ballast Point Sculpin

Alpine Pure Hoppiness

Russian River Bling Pig IPA

Lagunitas IPA

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Bundesbiers :tup::)
Strange names they have.....Russian River Bling Pig :eek::D
Which one do you like most?

And back on topic - just read they will use vanishing spray to mark free kicks
in Brazil. Any thoughts on this guys? Do we really need this? :cautious:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thanks Bundesbiers :tup::)
Strange names they have.....Russian River Bling Pig :eek::D
Which one do you like most?

And back on topic - just read they will use vanishing spray to mark free kicks
in Brazil. Any thoughts on this guys? Do we really need this? :cautious:

Ballast Point and Alesmith are my favorites of the bunch. Lagunitas might be more readily available though. You'll have to let me know what you find when you get out there.

I'm ok with the vanishing spray for defenders to stay behind the line on free kicks, but not for ball placement of the person taking the kick. A bit of overdoing IMO.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ballast Point and Alesmith are my favorites of the bunch. Lagunitas might be more readily available though. You'll have to let me know what you find when you get out there.

I'm ok with the vanishing spray for defenders to stay behind the line on free kicks, but not for ball placement of the person taking the kick. A bit of overdoing IMO.

Ok guys, help the rookie out here. What the heck is vanishing spray?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Will do, for sure ;)
Thats what I initially thought but then I read that its used to mark the spot for the free kick. :rolleyes:
What comes next ? Who at FIFA has all those weird ideas ? Btw - will they use the goal line technology in Brazil ?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Will do, for sure ;)
Thats what I initially thought but then I read that its used to mark the spot for the free kick. :rolleyes:
What comes next ? Who at FIFA has all those weird ideas ? Btw - will they use the goal line technology in Brazil ?

Yes, they are using goal line technology that they tested at the Confederations Cup. Not surprisingly, the firm that won FIFA's approval of goal line technology was a German company.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Goal line technology.......:rolleyes: when its in use they cant even make up their mind who's scored. Chelsea's Lampard was only finally credited with his effort 3-4 days after the game.......useless. :speechless:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K....guys, had to clean up my wardrobe this morning and had to find a new place for my football shirts. Thought I should post a few of them here to get in the mood for the 2014 World Cup ;)

Guess who wore this shirt with the number 10 ?

Yes, the one and only......Zizou !

At the 2006 World Cup in Germany I was a huge fan of the Ivory Coast.....beside of Germany of course.
Drogba, Eboué, Yaya Touré, Kolo Touré, Boka....just to name a few of their players, great team they had.

Btw, typical Puma quality, simply trash..... :(

Now two shirts from a team that I like most, beside Germany.
I hope to see them playing a major tournament soon - come on Scotland ! ;)

The shirt in the front has a Tartan-collar and is still one of my favourite shirts.

And last but not least - two of my Germany shirts. Both with very classic design and as it should be, simply
white for the home and green for the away shirt !

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Quite the collection sir. Impressive that a German would own a French FFF Le Tabernac trikot. I'm not sure my skin would accept that French #10 trikot unless it said "Headbutt" on the back instead of Zidane. :D :roflmao:

I love the Ivory Coast jersey. They could do well in Brazil.

A Scottish fan eh? Interesting. I have a few German friends in Bamberg who simply love the way the Irish play.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't care for the green German trikot. I prefer the White and Black (I have one myself).

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite the collection sir. Impressive that a German would own a French FFF Le Tabernac trikot. I'm not sure my skin would accept that French #10 trikot unless it said "Headbutt" on the back instead of Zidane. :D :roflmao:

I love the Ivory Coast jersey. They could do well in Brazil.

A Scottish fan eh? Interesting. I have a few German friends in Bamberg who simply love the way the Irish play.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't care for the green German trikot. I prefer the White and Black (I have one myself).

I would always choose a French shirt over an Italian shirt, no way I would ever wear one. ;)
Still believe Materazzi got what he deserved though one of the best football players ever had to finish his career in a sad way.
Yepp, Scotland fan here since I was a little boy, Ally McCoist was one of my favourite Scottish players. I dont know why, it just happened ;)
The black away shirt is nice too, Bundesbiers. Always liked the green one because its one of the most traditional shirts of the German National team. First time they played with green shirts was `54 ! ;)
Anyway, to each his own.... :)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cool shirts Nessie, i have the Scotland France 98 shirt and aswell you know the Green Germany away shirt. ;) simple design and their best one in years. :cool:

Members online

Latest posts