World Cup Brazil 2014

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Good comedy item that clip, no idea what they were saying about the music :cautious: 98% of World Cup Songs are amazingly pants. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good comedy item that clip, no idea what they were saying about the music :cautious: 98% of World Cup Songs are amazingly pants. :D
What they are saying PF71 ? They are just making fun about football players singing songs. :D
Buenos Dias Argentina with Udo Jürgens is the first song I can remember. I was a little boy these days and watching the World Cup consciously for the first time.
The short clip shows the world famous, former Scotland manager Berti Vogts ! I hope you guys have noticed him ? ;)
Btw, his nickname in Germany was "Terrier"
But I honestly must admit, these sings are all bad....:D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
What they are saying PF71 ? They are just making fun about football players singing songs. :D
Buenos Dias Argentina with Udo Jürgens is the first song I can remember. I was a little boy these days and watching the World Cup consciously for the first time.
The short clip shows the world famous, former Scotland manager Berti Vogts ! I hope you guys have noticed him ? ;)
Btw, his nickname in Germany was "Terrier"
But I honestly must admit, these sings are all bad....:D

Ha thats what i figured, i missed wee Berti on that one thankfully. :D

BTW Scotland played Nigeria last night 2-2 a good result against a World Cup team, they only equalised in the last seconds and Scotland had a couple of goals disallowed.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha thats what i figured, i missed wee Berti on that one thankfully. :D

BTW Scotland played Nigeria last night 2-2 a good result against a World Cup team, they only equalised in the last seconds and Scotland had a couple of goals disallowed.
Sounds very promising, Scotland is obviously improving since Gordon Strachan took over. Like to hear all these good news. :tup:
I'd really love to see the Tartan Army in France or at least in Russia !:)

Edit: And the self-confidence is increasing as it seems. Here is a quote from the Scottish National Team Facebook site:
"Unlucky lads.. lee probert was a bit harsh with choppin maloneys goal off... bring on the Germans!" :D:tup:

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sounds very promising, Scotland is obviously improving since Gordon Strachan took over. Like to hear all these good news. :tup:
I'd really love to see the Tartan Army in France or at least in Russia !:)

Edit: And the self-confidence is increasing as it seems. Here is a quote from the Scottish National Team Facebook site:
"Unlucky lads.. lee probert was a bit harsh with choppin maloneys goal off... bring on the Germans!" :D:tup:

Never a good sign.......:cautious::)
As long as its a good game ill be happy.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

As we are about the same age thats the tourneys I remember best too PF71. :tup:
Nowadays we know that Argentina has been bribed Peru to win the World Cup, lots of articles about Argentina 1978 in German media at the moment.
To me this is still one of the most fascinating tournaments of all time.
Scotland had a great team these days but missed to make it to the second round because of a draw against Iran :rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
As we are about the same age thats the tourneys I remember best too PF71. :tup:
Nowadays we know that Argentina has been bribed Peru to win the World Cup, lots of articles about Argentina 1978 in German media at the moment.
To me this is still one of the most fascinating tournaments of all time.
Scotland had a great team these days but missed to make it to the second round because of a draw against Iran :rolleyes:

Crazy how they got away with that one nessie, they bribed the Peru team to throw the game Peru's keepers was also an Argie.......go figure.

Scotland had a naive (used car salesman) coach and the players under performed it was their own fault, the team had plenty of future European Cup winners in it. Only the 74'' squad was better in my opinion.

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy how they got away with that one nessie, they bribed the Peru team to throw the game Peru's keepers was also an Argie.......go figure.

Scotland had a naive (used car salesman) coach and the players under performed, the team had plenty of future European Cup winners in it. Only the 74'' squad was better in my opinion.

Its a pity that Scotland couldnt use their chances with such a good team but there is no excuse for a 1-1 against Iran. Too bad :mad: :(

I guess you have watched yesterdays game on TV, I just saw this goal, that looks strange, doesnt it ? :eek:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Its a pity that Scotland couldnt use their chances with such a good team but there is no excuse for a 1-1 against Iran. Too bad :mad: :(

I guess you have watched yesterdays game on TV, I just saw this goal, that looks strange, doesnt it ? :eek:

That was disallowed dont see why? he fumbled the ball under pressure into his own net good goal in my opinion. :tup:

Edit : If i didnt know any better.......i kid you not there was alleged pre-match bet fixing related to the game. :cautious:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

In Germany they just changed laws for the World Cup 2014, its now allowed to air the German games for Public Viewing (no, we are not saying Goodbye to a dead person, its "German English" :rolleyes::D) even after midnight.
I think I'll watch at least one game at the Heiligengeistfeld, St. Pauli., just love the atmosphere.
Is there something similar in your countries too ?
Bundesbiers: Heiligengeistfeld is the place you had to cross when walking to Millerntor Stadium.....;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

In Germany they just changed laws for the World Cup 2014, its now allowed to air the German games for Public Viewing (no, we are not saying Goodbye to a dead person, its "German English" :rolleyes::D) even after midnight.
I think I'll watch at least one game at the Heiligengeistfeld, St. Pauli., just love the atmosphere.

Bundesbiers: Heiligengeistfeld is the place you had to cross when walking to Millerntor Stadium.....;)

Were they not allowed to do this before? it was no doubt public order related.......looks really cool a party atmosphere if you can go for it i know i would. :tup:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Oh, that big open lot. I thought that if you got within 30 yards of that dump... errrr stadion, that your stomach started churning. :D:roflmao:

Yes Nessie. There are cities around the US that do gatherings like this. Our cities were not built to have city centers like European cities, but we do have open areas (typically in parks) where some cities will set something like this up. Won't be as big as the picture you attached, but similar.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
LOL.... GREAT.

Auf gehts Deutschland schießt ein Tor!!!

Let's go Germany, score a goal!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, that big open lot. I thought that if you got within 30 yards of that dump... errrr stadion, that your stomach started churning. :D:roflmao:

Yes Nessie. There are cities around the US that do gatherings like this. Our cities were not built to have city centers like European cities, but we do have open areas (typically in parks) where some cities will set something like this up. Won't be as big as the picture you attached, but similar.
As long as I dont have to enter this dump I can bear it ;)
Sounds good, I guess especially when the US team plays it might be fun to watch and cheer together with fellow US fans.
They expect around 70.000 fans at Heiligengeistfeld. I've been in Berlin for Germany games as well, its even larger and hosts up to 300.000 people.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
As long as I dont have to enter this dump I can bear it ;)
Sounds good, I guess especially when the US team plays it might be fun to watch and cheer together with fellow US fans.
They expect around 70.000 fans at Heiligengeistfeld. I've been in Berlin for Germany games as well, its even larger and hosts up to 300.000 people.

That's almost too big. I mean, how do you get a beer and a brat with that many people next to you? Or pee?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's almost too big. I mean, how do you get a beer and a brat with that many people next to you? Or pee?
This can be a real problem Bundesbiers. I speak from personal experience :D
But getting a beer or a brat is easy, many foodstalls on the left and on the right of the "Fan Mile" ;)

Last edited:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Roll up Roll up folks! and get your england gear hear suitable for Scarecrows everywhere!
Nice Hedge. :roflmao:

Members online

Latest posts