1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

World Championship of American Football

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by VersusTheMoose, Jul 12, 2011.

1. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    Hey, The American Football World Cup Is Going On Right Now, And We're About To Kill Mexico

American Football WM 2011: World Championship 2011

Apparently there is a world cup of American football, and the US just beat Mexico 17-7 to advance to the finals. The other semi-final is Canada vs. Japan and they play tomorrow. It is run by the International Federation of American Football (or the IFAF) and the tournament has been held once before in 2007 and the US won, shockingly enough.

I was able to catch the last minutes of the US/Mexico game on the internet and it wasn't terrible football. I guess there are no pro's allowed and the Americans limit their selections to recent university players from all divisions of college football to even the playing field.

I might try to watch the finals on the 16th if Canada beats Japan.

2. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Canada beat Japan 31-27, and will play for gold against the US on Saturday. I'll post a link to the game in this thread if anyone else wants to catch the game.

3. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
  4. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Not even close, 50-7 US wins.

/End thread