1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Woodson's Comments

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 3irty1, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Watching Woodson's post game commentary, and he said he keeps thinking about Anthony Smith. How many of us wish we knew the reason Smith was cut? Regardless of our 3 Fullbacks, couldn't a safety who knew the scheme and has started beat out these back-up safeties of ours?

With Woodson thinking the same thing it gets me wondering what the reason WAS for leting him go. He played great during the preseason, and it doesn't appear like there was locker room trouble... both Barnett and Woodson say they want him on the team.

Just sucks...

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yeah, I'd like a good explanation of why he is was cut. Seemed to me he easily made the team skill wise.

3. Skol guy

Skol guy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It is now teddys world and we just live in it

4. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    You know what would have been really scary? If we had took 6'4 225lb Aaron Rouse and put about 15lbs on him and turned him into an olb.....think about it..

5. paco

paco Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Smith took too many chances. Yes he made a few good plays. But he was out of position more often than not, and refused to play special teams. That's why he was cut.

6. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Are you in the know?

7. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    well refusing to play special teams definitely offers an explanation.

8. realoatesman

realoatesman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I definitely don't like the idea of giving up quality back ups so we can have more guys who will play special teams. Oh btw if we're supposed to have elite special teams units...it hasn't shown...

9. paco

paco Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I remember reading it somewhere. MM didn't reference the mistakes directly, but I know he mentioned that special teams was a deciding factor between Rouse and Smith.

Smith doesn't matter anymore anyway. He's with the Rams.