Woodson!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was awesome! I was in a horrible mood. Green wasn't doing anything, Favre was missing passes. Horrible clock management. Bad playcalling. Then all of a sudden Woodson does this!

Thank you Woodson. :packbeer:

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was great. it looked like wewhere going to lose going going into the half, but woodson changed that.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that was great. it looked like wewhere going to lose going going into the half, but woodson changed that.

Yeah. That was the momentum changing play. After that play, everything seemed to go our way. And we win one! :)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess when Woodson's last INT TD was?

1999 he picked off a pass from none other than Elvis Grbac (remember him?)!
That was a looooooooong time ago.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"1999 he picked off a pass from none other than Elvis Grbac (remember him?)!
That was a looooooooong time ago".

He could not have picked a better time for this INT TD rabidgopher04,

Cheers friend :packbeer:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"1999 he picked off a pass from none other than Elvis Grbac (remember him?)!
That was a looooooooong time ago".

He could not have picked a better time for this INT TD rabidgopher04,

Yeah, it was great!! :D

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really nice to see Woodson come along. We can debate all day wether or not hes worth that money, but lets face it we would be alot worse off without him. He proves a huge upgrade in our secondary and is playing hard for us. Frankly, if he keeps this up I'll consider this a good signing.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was more than 'one good play'. his coverage was tight today, and he was hitting guys after completions. It's the 'hard hitting Woodson' that we've heard about but haven't seen (until this game).

I think he stripped a ball or two as well. His coverage today was his best performance of the year.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Btw, wasn't Woodson wanting to play some receiver as well? I wonder if our coaching staff will ever consider that.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yikes - one good play from this guy & he's great now?!? sorry - not quite ready to go that far.

Woodson I think that a lot more than one good play. He was covering very well for the most part. And of course that INT for the TD. Im sure without that we would not have won the game. It set the tempo in the Packers Favor in the second half! :towel:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson forced two fumbles, had a sack and an INT returned for a TD. Also had 4 passes defensed. A few more than one good play. He made the difference for us on D yesterday. Hopefully he keeps on doing so.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, ok - i was dealing with my twins during the entire game so i must have missed the other plays he made. i STILL say it's one game though - i'm hoping to heck he plays like this the remainder of the season. go woodson!! ;)

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Woodson take time off practice a few days over the bye? Maybe he really was hurt and not just making excuses in the other games. If so, I like what the "healthy" Woodson looks like.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Woodson take time off practice a few days over the bye? Maybe he really was hurt and not just making excuses in the other games. If so, I like what the "healthy" Woodson looks like.

I think it's a little of that plus the fact that he finally has his "playing legs" under him now. Also, the guys are probably buying into the scheme a little bit more, even if it's not the most effective. Al took Chambers out of the game and Wood made the plays, I like where this is going. Soon he'll take one to the house on a punt return, just a matter of time. I'm glad he's finally showing flashes of his old self again.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:

I think it's a little of that plus the fact that he finally has his "playing legs" under him now. Also, the guys are probably buying into the scheme a little bit more, even if it's not the most effective. Al took Chambers out of the game and Wood made the plays, I like where this is going. Soon he'll take one to the house on a punt return, just a matter of time. I'm glad he's finally showing flashes of his old self again.

OR maybe he took it to heart that they were willing to drop a former 1st rounder (AC) that was under-preforming and would like to keep his job. Maybe he sees enough potential in Dendy and Blackmon to worry about his job. Or Miami is just not very good.

I hope that we will see more of him in weeks to come and just hope that does not just make QBs focus more on Harris and the safeties.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
awww digsy...now philbert's gonna whine about y'all flirting with me & such. way to give the jaggoff more ammunition!!! ;)

now let's get back to the topic...woodson did a great job yesterday - can he continue this for the rest of the season?!? :D

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, ok - i was dealing with my twins during the entire game so i must have missed the other plays he made. i STILL say it's one game though - i'm hoping to heck he plays like this the remainder of the season. go woodson!! ;)

Get your Damn Husband to look after the twins. It is Game Day! If he can not do the job get another husband. :chalflag:

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, long time raider fan here, been watching you guys play a bit and rooting for ya since my fave player signed with you :thumbsup: .

You are really gonna like what this guy brings when he is healthy. He is an absolute monster of a tackler, and can really lock a guy down. He doesn't make many big picks etc but he rarely gives up a big play. Charles is a flat out stud, good luck to the Packers with him, I'll be rooting for ya every Sunday that you aren't playing the Silver and Black

Members online

Latest posts