Woodson vs Bailey

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came across this tonight and thought you guys would love to pick this apart.

charles woodson versus champ bailey: THE FACTS - CBSSports.com Message Boards

"Champ bailey came out a year after charles woodson, but when we talk about the 1997 season we talk about how WRONG the heisman voters got the voting that year. We all know Randy Moss was FAR AWAY the best player in college football that year or do I need to post his tds in 2 years of college???? Didn't think so. When 20 to 30 years from now how will people remember those 3 players?

1. Peyton Manning Hall of FAME
2 Randy Moss HALL OF FAME
3 Charles Woodson, good career only two great years.

That is how history will remember it and it shows again that the only reason woodson won the heisman was the media loving up on michigan and the population thing again.

Now back to champ bailey and charles woodson. Bailey has 46 INTs, woodson has 45, but bailey has 9, that is right 9 pro bowls.

champ bailey showed in 1998 that he was the best TWO WAY player over woodson any day and all day, just go pull up the stats, not even comparable except woodson had more INT's.

Champ bailey will be in the hall of fame, woodson will not

Also no way should woodson have gotten defensive player of the year last year, he got lit up by good wrs in big games, REVIS SHUT DOWN EVERYONE."

Woodson has been getting shafted by everyone even though he dominated the DPOY voting last season. This is no exception.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's so funny that they say that the voters got it wrong in 97 as a FACT.
No, funny is not the word I'm looking for...

The guy who made the thread is getting absolutely killed out there. What an idiot.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After last season I thought Woodson would be a HOF after a max of 5 yrs of eligibility.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
man when you are a great player your a great player period.....How was randy moss when he played for the raiders? how are bailey's numbers since he went to denver?

Numbers numbers numbers, it's all bs, total bs, if they just picked everything on stats every year they wouldnt call it "voting"

players stats are largely determind by their situation, randy moss was unhappy in oakland, and his stats showed up, he was happy in new england and broke records. Charles woodson was so hot in oakland, likes it in GB and he wins the DPOY....

packerfan544

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any one with anything negative to say about Woodson is a complete MORON! Look at what he has done since coming to Green Bay. Now what Revis had 1 breakout year and you want to say he is the best, I say your stupid! I have seen many players have 1 good year get paid and then do nothing. Woodson is very underpayed compared to his production and guess what? Not one single complaint he's just happy he is in Green Bay! Revis is a arrogant self centered jerk and I wish him the worst, because his attitude sucks! He doesn't play for the team he plays for himself! How can you root fro a jerk like that? A Woodson he will never ever be! Woodson is 100% class.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, Woodson laid an egg in Oakland and didn't do much until he came to Green Bay. I can see where the originator of this thread is coming from. Though with the way the last 2-3 years have been going for Moss I'm not so sure about HOF for him anymore.

Majik

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Woodson had a couple good years in Oakland, but his last 2, if I remember correctly, were forgettable and injury plagued.

Another point to pick apart in the "article" was this statement: "champ bailey showed in 1998 that he was the best TWO WAY player over woodson any day and all day, just go pull up the stats, not even comparable except woodson had more INT's."

SO, Woodson had more INT's. I guess that stat doesn't count for cornerbacks.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has been spectacular since he came to the Packers, and was solid for Oakland until the injuries in 2005. Advanced NFL Stats has a nice method of rating cornerbacks (and every other position) by their WPA (win probability added) and EPA (expected points added), the total of which defines a "playmaker". Woodson excels in those figures, particularly with the Packers. Another year like last year gets him into the Hall, imo.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, Woodson laid an egg in Oakland and didn't do much until he came to Green Bay. I can see where the originator of this thread is coming from. Though with the way the last 2-3 years have been going for Moss I'm not so sure about HOF for him anymore.

Laid an egg? I am pretty sure Woodson was DROY in oakland, played in a SB, got screwed out of another one (tuck rule), and went to 4 pro bowls while in oakland.

Some people should be banned from posting when they spew crap like this.

Latest posts