Woodson update.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want a FA CB to come in who is better than Carroll(ignore my hatred for carroll, i think hes the pits, ok, sorry).

If its woodson, manning jr, etc...fine.

We go with what people have done, and all the talk is woodson will be overpaid. There is no reason to believe if Woodson comes to GB, he will be overpaid. So if we got him, we would get a veteran CB(yes,with some health issues, but hes tough) to work with Carroll and Hawkins.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not ready to send Carroll to the gallows yet, give the KID some time. Maybe veteran leadership (Woodson) could be just what he needs.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I just want a FA CB to come in who is better than Carroll(ignore my hatred for carroll, i think hes the pits, ok, sorry).

If its woodson, manning jr, etc...fine.

We go with what people have done, and all the talk is woodson will be overpaid. There is no reason to believe if Woodson comes to GB, he will be overpaid. So if we got him, we would get a veteran CB(yes,with some health issues, but hes tough) to work with Carroll and Hawkins.

You're not even throwing Carroll off of the team this time!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well for some reason, i thought i was in the majority that carroll sucks...but im in the minority, so ill try and play it down a bit, avoid arguments. my stance on him is well known. Id like him to improve, but i dont see it happening.

But there are too many solid CBs out there for us to not get 1 of them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm proud of you Trom! I NEVER thought you would tone it down! I don't think much of Carroll yet either, but if the Pack thinks he CAN develope into something, who am i to say he can't? I would LOVE to see him blossum into a pro bowl player. If his talent would just equal his mouth, he'd be one of the best in football. I would say, IF they keep him, this is the year to "get er done" or "let him go!"

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, too, want someone else starting opposite Harris, but I'm also excited about the future if Carroll and Hawkins can put it together. I definitely think being demoted would do Carroll a lot of good, and if he takes it the wrong way, pouts, and plateaus in his development.....hit the road. I think it really hurt him coming right out of college and being thrown into the starting lineup, especially in the season the NFL implemented the Peyton rule, after the Pats beat up his recievers in that playoff game.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carrol is still young and has speed to burn. Some players peak in college and bomb out in the pros. I love Hawkins if he can stay healthy. Carrol needs to listen to his coaches and some "key" veterans. Why couldn't it be Woodson. Wishful thinking.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Well said Cheesey!!!!!

Thanks Chamuko!
I would like to see Woodson here.........i think he and Harris would bring great leadership to the young guys. Plus, it might take some of the heat off Harris, and let him make more plays. If Carroll CAN get over the hump and become what they THOUGHT he can become, that would be icing on the cake!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key is that with Woodson we'd have 4 guys who we don't mind putting on the field. You can never have too many good DBs according to Wolf, and TT is following that belief. Collins, Roman, MM, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins and Woodson along with a draft pick or 2 would be a very strong set of DBs.

Sign Woodson to a short term contract while Hawkins continues to develop. Then Carroll and Hawkins can battle to replace Harris and Woodson in a couple years.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
The key is that with Woodson we'd have 4 guys who we don't mind putting on the field. You can never have too many good DBs according to Wolf, and TT is following that belief. Collins, Roman, MM, Harris, Carroll, Hawkins and Woodson along with a draft pick or 2 would be a very strong set of DBs.

Sign Woodson to a short term contract while Hawkins continues to develop. Then Carroll and Hawkins can battle to replace Harris and Woodson in a couple years.

I think that would be a solid group of players.

And add a few LB's.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
Bobby Roberts said:

I think that would be a solid group of players.

And add a few LB's.

yeah and add a few o-linemen, and a and a few good WR's.... :shock:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we'll be fine. just wanted to add that, so i'm not branded a negative nancy. or any type of nancey for that matter.

Members online

Latest posts