woodson underated

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the mistake of saying Driver was one of the NFL's most overrated WRs, I see that ESPN ranks Woodson as one of the league's most underrated DBs.

That's better coverage.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a crock of sh*t. ESPN has shown absolutely no love to Woodson over the years, partly becuz everyone on planet earth is stuck in Champ Bailey's *** crack.

Sports Illustrated has been worse, naming him one of the most overrated players in the NFL like every other year. Whoever starts to say good things about Woodson NOW, don't believe them, cuz they never gave a damn before.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind the negative comments towards him. The way i see it, it gives him just that much more motivation to show the world what idiots they are for making those statements!
So.........come on Chuck! Lead the NFL in INTS and big plays, and SHOW everyone just how good you really are! :thumbsup:

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Woodson rocks the house next year, I would love to see him lead the league in ints., I got a budy who is a champ bailey fan and it would be nice to have some bragging rights.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try not to get worked up when I read an article or a column, because it's just someone's opinion. You can show someone stats to prove them wrong, but it doesn't mean they'll change their opinion. There really hasn't been much great press about GB over the last two seasons. The press focuses so much on what comes out of Favre's mouth, whether it be his "trade demand" or whether he's coming back for another season, everything else just kind of gets ignored. Unless Favre says something for people to get pissed off about, no one really seems to care.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tihnk Woodson was underrated this season...and I hope Woodson and Harris both put up huge numbers next season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eric Allen ranked him as his 5th best DB in the entire league on NFL Live a week back. I thought that was fair.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eric Allen ranked him as his 5th best DB in the entire league on NFL Live a week back. I thought that was fair.

Saw that, but if you think about it, he was just giving his boy some props considering they both played in Oakland together.

Believe me, he's had some harsh criticisms over the years, and it's affected his pro bowl status. Which, as we know from last year, is obviously a popularity contest...but it still matters to them and to fans and coaches when they see that on their resume. Just bothers me knowing he's all business on the field and plays well, but even an NFC-leading 8 INTs (a career best) isn't enough to warrant any accolades.

What the hell is he supposed to do?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:

Saw that, but if you think about it, he was just giving his boy some props considering they both played in Oakland together.

Believe me, he's had some harsh criticisms over the years, and it's affected his pro bowl status. Which, as we know from last year, is obviously a popularity contest...but it still matters to them and to fans and coaches when they see that on their resume. Just bothers me knowing he's all business on the field and plays well, but even an NFC-leading 8 INTs (a career best) isn't enough to warrant any accolades.

lol i was asking the same question last year when people on this forum were ragging on CW about his lack of leadership and team spirit and participation despite him playing exceptionally and being banged up every other week. :D I expect big things from him this year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:

You are right. I think being in "little ol' Green Bay" has something to do with it. It's seems "we" don't get any respect unless our team makes a big splash in the playoffs. It was like that before Favre came here. So many times we had good players that didn't get the respect they earned.
Hopefully this season the whole team will earn the respect of the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Being in GB makes it harder to get to the Pro Bowl? Dig up the stats of when the Packers actually DESERVED to have players in the PB for a change. The guys we have now that deserve to be in the PB are the kind you want on your team. They keep mostly to themselves and work hard, do their job. Rather than the loud mouth LOOK AT ME kind of guys who get the popular votes.

Also, the PB is said to be a popularity contest, well the Packers hve one of the largest fan bases in ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. How does that not relate to pro bowl votes?

Doesn't make sense guys.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
~TheJoker~ said:
Just bothers me knowing he's all business on the field and plays well, but even an NFC-leading 8 INTs (a career best) isn't enough to warrant any accolades.

Not to mention, about half of those INT's were made on outstanding football plays. The pick he had in the Bears game is a good example.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Chuck (yes, Chuck. That's his name now. Everyone start calling him Chuckwood. It's awesome.) got robbed of a probowl slot, but someone does every year.

As far as the Romo thing, most of the voting is over before week 14 or 15 I believe. At that point last year, he was still only 'hitting a rough spot'.

If Chuckwood puts up close to the same numbers this year, you can bank on seeing him in a retarded blue & red jersey in Hawaii.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuckwood, thats stupid!
I'm just kidding, that nickname is AWESOME!.

theres a little ricky bobby for you.

i prefer the following nicknames for Charles Woodson

C-wood
Chuckwood
C-murder
Pedro.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, the PB is said to be a popularity contest, well the Packers hve one of the largest fan bases in ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. How does that not relate to pro bowl votes?

Doesn't make sense guys.

Not popularity as far as fans go. Popularity as far as what people see on #$%^&*# ESPN.

Tony Romo was talked about nonstop. Champ and DeAngelo are obvious favorites (Hall should NOT have made it). And for god's sake, HOW DID JOHN LYNCH MAKE THIS TEAM?? HE HAD ZERO INTERCEPTIONS!!

Wood, as a corner, had 8 picks, 1 sack, 4 FF, and 1 FR.
Lynch, as a safety, had 0 picks, 0 sacks, 2 FF, and 0 FR.

I know it's not all about numbers, but come on. It's hype. It's hype. It's all frickin hype.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much wood would a chuckwood chuck if a chuckwood could chuck wood?

Right up there with "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?"

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl rosters are selected through a combination of fan, player and coach voting.

Respect from fans.
Respect from fellow players.
Respect from coaches.

Yep, it is ALL hype.

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pro Bowl rosters are selected through a combination of fan, player and coach voting.

Respect from fans.
Respect from fellow players.
Respect from coaches.

Yep, it is ALL hype.

So hype is oblivious to everyone? Okay, then YOU tell me why Woodson, Harris, Asomugha, etc. were left out and why Hall, Romo, and Lynch were voted in.

Come on. You apparently know everything, tell me why inconsistent play and worse stats got into the Pro Bowl instead of career-best years for two of the three others?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If you'd have asked like a mature person, I'd have considered doing so. However, you threw some words out as if I said them pushing off a inaccurate perception of my post.

If someone believes Pro Bowl selection is ALL hype, they obviously don't know how the system works. That doesn't mean I know it all or know everything. Thanks for the compliment though. Much appreciated.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the pro-bowl has been a popularity contest for god knows how long. excelllent players from every single team have been getting snubbed ever since it's inception...and god help you if your team has a bad season and you have a pro bowl year.

how does the expression go? wish in one hand and 66 in the other?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
There's a lot that would have to be counted to accurately fill a Pro Bowl roster. Hail Mary passes that were picked off. INT's at the end of a game when the offense is just desperately tossing up balls.

etc etc etc

It'd be neat to see an in depth scoring system instead of the mosh tosh voting system that leads kids to think its ALL hype rather than anything related to the players skill. Although when you see players like Tony Romo getting voted in you have to ask yourself what the hell were the fans, the coaches and the players thinking.