1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Woodson toughs it out

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Jul 31, 2007.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Good to see him putting forth the effort in camp. Imagine what his numbers might have been like last year if he hadn't needed the first five games of the season to get back into football shape.

But - for the love of God - find someone else to return punts!

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I liked Woodson ever since I seen that one hand INT in a college game. The fact that he's now a Packer and playing through pain is awesome! Not to mention that I don't have to trade a 1st rd pick in Madden to get him on my team now! :)

I agree, find someone else to return punts!

4. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54

What he said.

5. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    This guy is fast becoming my favorite Green Bay player man.

Plays through pain.
    Dominates at his position.
    Stays out of trouble
    Keeps his mouth shut and just works.

hes got a great attitude to go with his immense talent... and to me, it seems as though he likes playing in Green Bay.
    then i read that even if his shoulder starts acting up, he will just strap it up and go back to work... usually a guy with that much talent, is just gonna mail it in...

6. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jennings can return

7. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Supposedly, so can Bodiford, Clowney, and Blackmon. Where are these guys? Jeez!

I guess if we get KRob back, that should solve it, but I seriously hate to see Chuckwood out there on anything but defensive snaps....

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Not saying that this has anything to do with it, But Woodson gets a pretty heavy bonus for every game he starts and plays... so there is incentive to suit up every game as well.

But it is refreshing to see a guy with the attitude to just suit up and play, that will have an effect on other guys on the roster, as Favre has on the O.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    He doesn't just show up though, he plays his *** off and in my opinion, he is earning his money.

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I didn't mean it like he is only playing but moreso like playing regardless of the aches and pains. Yes at a high level to boot...

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit that I didn't expect this amount of effort or dedication from Charles when the Packers signed him. Actually, I thought it was a costly mistake. Aren't you glad I'm not the GM? He deserves all the pay he gets plus the respect of all Packer fans. And I very gladly will consume a heaping plateful of crow, lightly seasoned with embarrassment. Here's hoping he has many more fruitful years here.

12. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woodson has regained my respect.

But he and Al Harris are still old. That's my beef. We're at the point where we're going to have to draft corners high again. Hopefully they don't end up like Antuan Edwards, Ahmad Carroll... etc.

13. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Woodson is 30 years old and Harris is 32. They are in their primes. Barring injury, they should be able to play at or near their current level for two or three more years. I don't think the team needs to draft corners high just yet.

14. Woodson_fan

Woodson_fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Chuckwood is my favorite football player of all-time, it started because I'm a huge Michigan fan. But man it is good to see he is getting some good positive things said about him, I remember profootballtalk.com bad mouthing him about how he is over paid.

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Can you find me that article please? I'd like to shoot ole Mikey an email about it.

16. Woodson_fan

Woodson_fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0