Woodson to be offered deal!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben Taylor? See the Browns, who wanted to keep him.

Manuel? See his contract, where he doesnt get much if he fails. Its called a backloaded contract.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
13 Willie Quinnie WR 6-0 187 25 1 Alabama-Birmingham FA-06
9 Jon Ryan P 6-0 202 24 1 University of Regina (Canada) FA-06
59 Tracy White LB 6-0 236 24 4 Howard FA-06
18 Ruvell Martin WR 6-4 217 23 1 Saginaw Valley State FA-06
45 Thomas Gafford LS 6-2 252 23 R Houston FA-06
61 Wayne Lucier C 6-4 315 26 3 Colorado FA-06
69 Tim McGill DT 6-2 316 26 1 Illinois FA-06
17 Tom Arth QB 6-3 227 24 1 John Carroll FA-06
2 Billy Cundiff K 6-1 201 26 5 Drake FA-06
58 Ben Taylor LB 6-2 238 27 5 Virginia Tech UFA-06 (Cle.)
83 Marc Boerigter WR 6-3 220 27 5 Hastings UFA-06 (KC)
21 Marquand Manuel S 6-0 209 26 5 Florida UFA-06 (Sea)
79 Ryan Pickett DT 6-2 322 26 5 Ohio State UFA-06 (StL)

Yeah, I'd call that mostly bargain bin crap. How many of those players do you honestly think would start for the Steelers, the reigning champs? Thanks for playing trom.

Steelers.. Since when were the 4-12 Green Bay Packers the Super Bowl Champ Pittsburgh Steelers?

Thompson has been here of a year and is bringing in his team. Out of that list we got at least 3 new starters on it. It's about who will start on the Packers not who will start on the Steelers.

How bout the guys we've resigned as well?
Kampman
Green
Davenport
Barry
Peterson

Are only big lost in my opinion was Ryan Longwell... I thought Flanny was clearly in decline and isn't the player he was a few years ago.. So this off season hasn't been near as bad as people think..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
The bottom of the roster is the most easy and financially efficient way to improve overall team quality. Who do you think is being replaced by some of those players if they stick....first stringers? Yep, the guys barely hanging on.

Unlike you fellas, I guess I will wait to see the product that enters training camp before I bust a vein.

I don't see us turning it around by replacing the bottom of our roster. How about guys that will play.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
hoos said:
13 Willie Quinnie WR 6-0 187 25 1 Alabama-Birmingham FA-06
9 Jon Ryan P 6-0 202 24 1 University of Regina (Canada) FA-06
59 Tracy White LB 6-0 236 24 4 Howard FA-06
18 Ruvell Martin WR 6-4 217 23 1 Saginaw Valley State FA-06
45 Thomas Gafford LS 6-2 252 23 R Houston FA-06
61 Wayne Lucier C 6-4 315 26 3 Colorado FA-06
69 Tim McGill DT 6-2 316 26 1 Illinois FA-06
17 Tom Arth QB 6-3 227 24 1 John Carroll FA-06
2 Billy Cundiff K 6-1 201 26 5 Drake FA-06
58 Ben Taylor LB 6-2 238 27 5 Virginia Tech UFA-06 (Cle.)
83 Marc Boerigter WR 6-3 220 27 5 Hastings UFA-06 (KC)
21 Marquand Manuel S 6-0 209 26 5 Florida UFA-06 (Sea)
79 Ryan Pickett DT 6-2 322 26 5 Ohio State UFA-06 (StL)

Yeah, I'd call that mostly bargain bin crap. How many of those players do you honestly think would start for the Steelers, the reigning champs? Thanks for playing trom.

Steelers.. Since when were the 4-12 Green Bay Packers the Super Bowl Champ Pittsburgh Steelers?

Thompson has been here of a year and is bringing in his team. Out of that list we got at least 3 new starters on it. It's about who will start on the Packers not who will start on the Steelers.

How bout the guys we've resigned as well?
Kampman
Green
Davenport
Barry
Peterson

Are only big lost in my opinion was Ryan Longwell... I thought Flanny was clearly in decline and isn't the player he was a few years ago.. So this off season hasn't been near as bad as people think..

talking about the obvious things, the positive things, makes you a TT lover, prepare for some heat, my friend.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're not the Steelers, but the point was that most of our acquisitions will have very little impact and wouldn't be starters on a quality team. I just used the Steelers as the benchmark since they won the superbowl.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um...hoos

Ryan Longwell...FA..nobody wanted.

Brett Favre...drunken party-boy 3rd stringer. Let's be honest Packers fans..who amongst you was pissed Wolf traded a 1st for the bum?

Frank Winters...journeyman, bargAin bin crap!

Mark Tauscher...unwanted until the 7th round.

Ahman Green...fumbler who cannot be trusted.

Donald Lee....unwanted bargAin bin crap.

Colin Cole...unwanted FA..bargAin bin crap..apparently.

Aaron Kampman...unwanted until the 5th.

KGB...see above.

Corey Williams..small school nobody in the 6th.

Mike Montgomery...see above.

What is the theme, hoos? In the NFL, talent comes from many places..not just marquee, big name players in the first 3 rounds.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Um...hoos

Ryan Longwell...FA..nobody wanted.

Brett Favre...drunken party-boy 3rd stringer. Let's be honest Packers fans..who amongst you was pissed Wolf traded a 1st for the bum?

Frank Winters...journeyman, bargAin bin crap!

Mark Tauscher...unwanted until the 7th round.

Ahman Green...fumbler who cannot be trusted.

Donald Lee....unwanted bargAin bin crap.

Colin Cole...unwanted FA..bargAin bin crap..apparently.

Aaron Kampman...unwanted until the 5th.

KGB...see above.

Corey Williams..small school nobody in the 6th.

Mike Montgomery...see above.

What is the theme, hoos? In the NFL, talent comes from many places..not just marquee, big name players in the first 3 rounds.

To the best of my knowledge none of them was signed to a one year contract at near minimum.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
definitely missed his point...nothing new there.

digsthepack, check your *** soon.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you sift through enough dirt you're bound to find some gold. The success rate is not that good though. You need a more balanced approach when you have the money to spend.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
tromadz said:
definitely missed his point...nothing new there.

digsthepack, check your *** soon.

Careful digs. He'll start stalking you like he did me.

another insightful packer related post. Welcome to DePackerforum.com

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pulled bow back, aimed arrow, shot King in the *** and was summarily executed. Yes, DePack...you missed the point completely. We are not talking the monetary worth of a player, we are talking where talent can be found.

And yes, balance is nice.....so why do you not wait until the end of player acquisition for the year before you determine if balance has been achieved. And why are Packers fans so quick to discount the signing of their own quality players..it is as if Kampman is somehow of no value or benefit because he already has a history with the team. Add those signings to the equation if you wish to be honest about it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson issued a contract yet? He has to sign before tomorrow otherwise the napkin fairy will slap my neighbor with a rigid carrot in the ()o()

What are Woodson's combined career stats?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Woodson issued a contract yet? He has to sign before tomorrow otherwise the napkin fairy will slap my neighbor with a rigid carrot in the ()o()

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12841

there's his stat card..

He's a former Pro Bowl player. Def not the player he used to be but I think he can be a good #2 for us..

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If TT can't sign his own players...(ie..Kampman)..then he's got a major problem and should be fired....

Kampman was a good signing..nothing earth shattering though....He's solid...but not a game changer....!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Pulled bow back, aimed arrow, shot King in the *** and was summarily executed. Yes, DePack...you missed the point completely. We are not talking the monetary worth of a player, we are talking where talent can be found.

And yes, balance is nice.....so why do you not wait until the end of player acquisition for the year before you determine if balance has been achieved. And why are Packers fans so quick to discount the signing of their own quality players..it is as if Kampman is somehow of no value or benefit because he already has a history with the team. Add those signings to the equation if you wish to be honest about it.

Study football and back off the archery crap, maybe then you will understand. I disagreed with part of your post. Those three signings were trash. It was YOU that made them part of TT's legacy. I have said I like the Kampmann and Pickett signings. Now back to your archery career :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12841

there's his stat card..

He's a former Pro Bowl player. Def not the player he used to be but I think he can be a good #2 for us..

I think he could help our D a LOT and help the progress of Carroll IF AC is mature enough. My fear is AC would be bitter at losing his spot and refuse to learn from Woodson.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...I will try this one more time. You and others are screaming bloody murder about the players that have been signed. I am merely pointing out, with a list of past and present players, that talent can be found in many places in the NFL. Not all players of substance have to be big buck players and....in case some of you have missed it, teams are built, in the majority, with players just like we signed.

This is my last shot...if you don't get it, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts