Woodson should not..

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me one good reason why he should be returning kicks? Besides good hands. because there are other guys on the team with good hands that could return kicks.

I see the point, but having good hands is different than knowing how to securely field punts. Punters can put goofy spin on their kicks, guys have a much better shot at murdering you if you don't faircatch it, and the entire blocking concept that you as the returner are watching for is different.

That's not saying its this obscenely tough thing to do, just that it's more complicated than kick returns or just catching a pass.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
We are forgetting one little detail... when Woodson signed here.. part of the agreement was a concession to let him returrn punts..

Now he may be talked about of that arrangement, but we need to address the returner spot in order to do that.

That is not accurate. The rumor was he chose GB because of the chance to play OFFENSE.

In fact, when asked why he chose GB, Woodson stated MONEY.

It had nothing to do being forced to play safety in TB (which he said would do), or returning punts or being on offense. It was money. Period.

I have read it along the way someplace in the past couple of weeks, when I stumble across it.. I will support the post. I believe it was MM or Woodson himself that stated that was part of the draw.

But correct, Money played the majority role.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Pack93z said:
We are forgetting one little detail... when Woodson signed here.. part of the agreement was a concession to let him returrn punts..

Now he may be talked about of that arrangement, but we need to address the returner spot in order to do that.

That is not accurate. The rumor was he chose GB because of the chance to play OFFENSE.

In fact, when asked why he chose GB, Woodson stated MONEY.

It had nothing to do being forced to play safety in TB (which he said would do), or returning punts or being on offense. It was money. Period.

I have read it along the way someplace in the past couple of weeks, when I stumble across it.. I will support the post. I believe it was MM or Woodson himself that stated that was part of the draw.

But correct, Money played the majority role.

With all due respect, I'm going to stick with what I heard from Woodson's lips instead of what was printed. ;)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
With all due respect, I'm going to stick with what I heard from Woodson's lips instead of what was printed. ;)

Your documented proof please.. your the "state your source" guy.. find it please. Thanks in advance.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Your documented proof please.. your the "state your source" guy.. find it please. Thanks in advance.

How's bout ya read the article I posted eh? I'm not going to waste time trying to prove myself when I have over the years on this very forum. If you don't trust me, that's your own issue. You should know by now that I have at least some knowledge about what I speak about. ;)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say I feel safe everytime he returns a punt. In fact I hold my breath on some of the hits. Though I can see it the other way too. He is a great return man because he's consistent and hangs onto the ball. I'll say this much that I'd rather have Woodson back there in the playoffs than anyone else.

Maybe Greg Jennings is someone they take a look at. In the open field he could do some damage.