Woodson Pleas

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it me, or does it seem like Charles Woodson is almost begging to be on teams? I know that they guy has publicly stated that he still wants to play, but it seems that every couple days or so he lowers the bar:

- I want to play for a contender
- I'll play for anybody, even if you're rebuilding
- Oakland, I'll come back to you
- Detroit, I will even play for you

I think that these are the kinds of things that his agent should be telling every GM, but Wood shouldn't have to broadcast it out in the media. He sounds like the kid with freckles begging to be on someone's dodgeball team during recess. I want to see him play because I think that he's still good. I wish that he didn't have to beg for work

Reaction score
He's worth being on any team just for his leadership. Sign him back to the Pack and just sit him every game if that's what is needed to be done.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Woodson, and I feel he could be fine our team for depth and leadership... plus he helped the defense against Peterson still last year week 18 when he returned. He's a good tackler still....

Wouldn't mind seeing him in Oakland or Denver.
Would love Denver actually... only chance we'd meet him would be in the Super Bowl. That'd be swell.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson started missing a lot of tackles at the end of his career and didn't show the same tackling ability/determination he had earlier shown with the Packers. It seemed to coincide with his broken collar bones.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it me, or does it seem like Charles Woodson is almost begging to be on teams? I know that they guy has publicly stated that he still wants to play, but it seems that every couple days or so he lowers the bar:

I think that these are the kinds of things that his agent should be telling every GM, but Wood shouldn't have to broadcast it out in the media. He sounds like the kid with freckles begging to be on someone's dodgeball team during recess. I want to see him play because I think that he's still good. I wish that he didn't have to beg for work

I had those freckles and I was the one doing the picking...I may have passed you by and made you get picked last :)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Woodson is a Millionaire so i wouldn't say he's "beggin" for work. I would like to see him come back of course but i wouldn't mind if he went to Detroit where he was a legend at michigan and has a huge following there. I still think we should bring him back but im not TT.

H

HardRightEdge

I had those freckles and I was the one doing the picking...I may have passed you by and made you get picked last :)

Yeah, I don't think there is any science that says freckles are inversely correlated to athletic ability.

M

mayo44

Wouldn't mind seeing him in Oakland or Denver.
Would love Denver actually... only chance we'd meet him would be in the Super Bowl. That'd be swell.

Wouldn't that aspect apply to Oakland as well?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
say you will play for minimum then well see where the market is

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me, I got passed up. They wouldn't even let me play four square!

say you will play for minimum then well see where the market is
I think that it's implied that Woodson will play for the minimum

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me, I got passed up. They wouldn't even let me play four square!

I think that it's implied that Woodson will play for the minimum

What makes you think that?

If he was willing to play for minimum I'm fairly certain it would have been reported as he has said everything else to try n get on a team

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the San Francisco debacle it was Kevin Greene (who knows something about getting after a QB) who came out in defense of Walden--saying it wasn't his responsibility on the play Kapernick scored:

"... Kevin Greene, defended Walden and said he fulfilled his responsibility on the play.
“He did,” said Greene. “What is hard for the media to understand is we funnel the ball to people. Very rarely will we take a block head up, center mass, you follow me? We will take a side and we want to funnel that ball, and so that was the case. I know people look at Erik as being the major culprit on that play, which in fact he wasn’t on that play.” {Green Bay Press Gazette 1/15/2013}.

So, maybe it was Woodson's? He was a great player, but time marches on.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes you think that?

If he was willing to play for minimum I'm fairly certain it would have been reported as he has said everything else to try n get on a team
I was cluing in on his statements, lack of demand, and age. While they have filed the papers yet, it appears that I may have been wrong. He got an incentive-laden contract with a $700k bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts