Woodson on NFL Live - recap

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson was on NFL Live, here is what he said, summed up of course:

- This is favres team, they're lookin to him for a championship
- favre is the vet leader, and theyre gonna follow his lead
- said all teams are talented, but this team is actually putting it together
- said he has NOTIHNG to prove to anyone, and there is no question he can play the game.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take a look at the running game more than Favre's turnover ratios. There were too many games that Favre had to throw the ball over 40 times because of a lack of a running game. Also the amount of times that they had to play behind. Favre felt pressure to throw into coverage deep more when attempting to come back from a deficit. If there is a running game taking pressure off Favre, and they can minimize the amount of time playing from behind, Favre will be fine.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I would take a look at the running game more than Favre's turnover ratios. There were too many games that Favre had to throw the ball over 40 times because of a lack of a running game.

More like "An abandoning of the running game." Tell Gado there was no running game. When they did it, it was ok(Not great, or even good), but if they didnt get results right away, Shermhead would throw it out, and put the whole burden on favre who had no WRs and no Oline.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And because there was no Oline, we were forced to throw 40 times a game. It's possible for Favre to make great plays without good blocking. It is NOT possible for Gado and Herron to make great plays without good blocking.

(But I still don't like Mike Sherman)

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
And because there was no Oline, we were forced to throw 40 times a game. It's possible for Favre to make great plays without good blocking. It is NOT possible for Gado and Herron to make great plays without good blocking.

(But I still don't like Mike Sherman)

It's really not possible for Favre to make great plays without good blocking. When you have 2 seconds or less to get rid of the ball, it's really hard to make a good play.

Also, when you have receivers who were just signed off the street, or are of "NFL Europe quality"...then it's doubly hard to make good plays.

Add no running game, and Coaching by Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley and you have the fiasco that was last year in GB!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
In some ways it is. Look at turnover ratios compared to Win-Loss records. If Favre makes good decisions, we win.

That's a fallacy. How can you make good decisions when there's nobody open, nobody fighting for the ball, nobody running the right route, nobody blocking, nobody running through holes, and nobody calling a play on offense that's going to surprise the defense.

You tell me. How can you make a good decision with all of that going on?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Popcynical said:
In some ways it is. Look at turnover ratios compared to Win-Loss records. If Favre makes good decisions, we win.

That's a fallacy. How can you make good decisions when there's nobody open, nobody fighting for the ball, nobody running the right route, nobody blocking, nobody running through holes, and nobody calling a play on offense that's going to surprise the defense.

You tell me. How can you make a good decision with all of that going on?

The good decision is to throw it away and live to fight another day, not throwing into triple coverage.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, that would have been some offense.

Favre firing the ball into the turf three consecutive times and BJ Sander coming out to shank one!

Talk about a long season that would've been. It was long enough as it was.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:

Hey Popcynical,

I agree with you. Would like to add that an improved defence will contribute to the turnover ratio. So, if the O-line holds up and the D gets down right nasty that ratio could be quite positive.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:

I feel some responsibility lays on the WRers to create some seperation when running their routes!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts