Woodson on Asomugha

Reaction score
C-Wood is right. Where would he fit? The main goal is to look for some younger OL and a legit PR/KR. While Tramon Williams is an excellent DB, I get nervous when he is in the backfield returning kicks.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't think we need to spend that money on Asomugha. We got Williams and Shields who will progress and a slew of good safeties. I'd rather save that money on keeping players here. A nickel or dimeback can be drafted and developed.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
What I do like is Woodson's flexibility. When he said if Capers thought it would be a good move to move him to safety, he would have no problems with it. Which is why the defense looks up to him as a leader.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this article earlier and found it vastly interesting. Even though the Packers look good in the secondary, you can never totally rule out one of the best corners in the league.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just like if fitzgerald wanted to come here i would take him with open arms

/drool.... Jennings, Fitzgerald, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finely, Quarless, Crabtree, Grant what an a group of WR's....Rodgers would break Marino's/Brees's single season passing yard record easily with that group

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
/drool.... Jennings, Fitzgerald, Nelson, Driver, Jones, Finely, Quarless, Crabtree, Grant what an a group of WR's....Rodgers would break Marino's/Brees's single season passing yard record easily with that group
rodgers might **** his pants

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Chuck for talking about football and not politics!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
too many all stars = too much ego. "I want the ball" mentality will surface. If we did have another all-star WR, it would cause problems. We saw it in the beginning of this season with Finley. Let's get us some OL and a young CB.... and hope Quarless shapes up this offseason!

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love a talent laden defense, no diva issues unless one is being kept from playing their favored position. I'll take him if he wants to come for less cash :)

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd imagine TT won't take a chance on a high price veteran. Him and McCarthy are very good at making something out of the young guys.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our guys. I like our ability to draft and develop. Do we need Aso? No.

That being said, if he showed up on our doorstep asking to play for the world champs and with his old buddy C-Wood, would I tell him to get lost?

**** no, I'm not ignorant.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think it's unrealistic to think Thompson will change his MO when it has just led to a Championship and set the team up to compete for more over the next few seasons. Also I think it's unrealistic to think Asomugha would agree to significantly less than "fair market value" for his services. If Thompson is going to spend significantly more money on a CB my guess would be he'd give Shields a well-deserved pay raise. Remember his "signing bonus" was all of $7,500! If he doesn't do so this off season then I'd guess he will next offseason. And it's not like there isn't a line of Packers about to be UFAs who qualify for Thompson's 'be very careful in unrestricted free agency and re-sign your own core players' strategy.

Of course if Asomugha desperately wants to be a Packer it could happen but I think it's much more likely Thompson will draft a CB if he sees a need there or if a CB is one of the BPA at any pick. An article before the Super Bowl quoted Holmgren saying when he and Thompson were in Seattle, they agreed on personnel decisions about 90% of the time but when Holmgren would suggest acquiring a vet, Thompson would invariably say, 'I can find better in the draft'. Of course finding a CB as good as Asomugha anywhere in the draft, let alone at the end of each round, is nearly impossible. But finding one after the draft … (Williams and Shields) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts